[Offical]Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

so jealous!

i'm currently teaching my cousins (ages 5 & 6) the basics of Uncharted... it's difficult to say the least.

Best sig evar!

Showing your cousins how to play a killing game is the best thing I've heard all day.

:'(

Argh!!! Well fortunately I have half day on Friday, but meant to be going for drinks with a girl i've not seen in ages.......

Argh!!! Well fortunately I have half day on Friday, but meant to be going for drinks with a girl i've not seen in ages.......

You know you'd rather have a few beers with Chloe and Elena :cool:

Well, I'm off to the store right now to buy the game (I really cannot wait to the weekend or to see if somebody returns it so I can buy it used).

I'll be back in 20 minutes so I can start playing it!

Is it worth getting a PS3 for this game?

For this game, and many others, yes!

just got done playing Unch-2. Amazing game. I played the first through 3x's. This one's going to keep me busy way past MW2 cause of its added MP as well.

worth every penny.

Hello,

I am on chapter 13 and have yet to see any of my tweets going out. I have my account all setup and some options enabled. Did Insomniac just disable this feature on rollout with plans for better implementation in a patch in the future?

Hello,

I am on chapter 13 and have yet to see any of my tweets going out. I have my account all setup and some options enabled. Did Insomniac just disable this feature on rollout with plans for better implementation in a patch in the future?

Yeah thats what I heard, its disabled until further notice.

LOL You know I saw AB signed on and off for like 5 minutes too, and I had a real sneaky suspicion something was up!!

So okay, first let me state I have not officially been playing this entire time, I am fortunate enough to work from home most of the time and I did indeed wind up getting some additional work from work to do. So I was pausing the game as I did now to post this.

With that said I am 23% complete, and have played for 2 hours and 36 minutes according to my Save file. So being about a quarter of the way through the game, here are my initial impressions...

It is Uncharted 2. :laugh:

I am not trying to state the obvious with that comment, however I am saying it is exactly what I expected it to be, a more refined version of the first Uncharted. Now to me that is a great thing, but if people were somehow expecting something more, you might be disappointed, as it is indeed Uncharted 2.

Now with that said, some things have been refined a good deal, most notably the hand to hand combat. But even the platforming, which you will do a great deal of, seems more refined as well. So it is just overall extremely polished.

Presentation, absolutely top notch. Truly is. Voice acting, Cut-scenes. All incredibly well done.

It is easily the best looking game on any console in my opinion, and I do say that with a bit of bias as I absolutely applaud Naughty Dog for adding color to their game's pallet. To me that just makes it stand from the pack that much more. But seriously the attention to detail is unparalleled, so it truly is just great to look at.

I will say I had a bit of a snag, and funny enough it was in one of the video reviews I read. There is a scene very early on you are forced to go stealth, and it just was not clicking for me. Turns out all I had to do was something really simple, but the thing was I knew exactly what I had to do early on, it was just I did not realize I had to hit a certain button, so I kept getting spotted, and it caused a pretty decent amount of frustration.

Other than that little hiccup, the game-play is spot on. Pacing is perfect so far and the gun fights are not just breeze through them. I tried to run-n-gun a few times and met death quickly.

So it is a great game so far. I wish I had something more to add than all of the glowing reviews, but they have all been exactly spot-on. Definitely. I plan on beating the SP before I do anything else MP related, so I hope to have it done by tomorrow night, Thursday the latest, if all goes according to plan.

LOL You know I saw AB signed on and off for like 5 minutes too, and I had a real sneaky suspicion something was up!!

So okay, first let me state I have not officially been playing this entire time, I am fortunate enough to work from home most of the time and I did indeed wind up getting some additional work from work to do. So I was pausing the game as I did now to post this.

With that said I am 23% complete, and have played for 2 hours and 36 minutes according to my Save file. So being about a quarter of the way through the game, here are my initial impressions...

It is Uncharted 2. :laugh:

I am not trying to state the obvious with that comment, however I am saying it is exactly what I expected it to be, a more refined version of the first Uncharted. Now to me that is a great thing, but if people were somehow expecting something more, you might be disappointed, as it is indeed Uncharted 2.

Now with that said, some things have been refined a good deal, most notably the hand to hand combat. But even the platforming, which you will do a great deal of, seems more refined as well. So it is just overall extremely polished.

Presentation, absolutely top notch. Truly is. Voice acting, Cut-scenes. All incredibly well done.

It is easily the best looking game on any console in my opinion, and I do say that with a bit of bias as I absolutely applaud Naughty Dog for adding color to their game's pallet. To me that just makes it stand from the pack that much more. But seriously the attention to detail is unparalleled, so it truly is just great to look at.

I will say I had a bit of a snag, and funny enough it was in one of the video reviews I read. There is a scene very early on you are forced to go stealth, and it just was not clicking for me. Turns out all I had to do was something really simple, but the thing was I knew exactly what I had to do early on, it was just I did not realize I had to hit a certain button, so I kept getting spotted, and it caused a pretty decent amount of frustration.

Other than that little hiccup, the game-play is spot on. Pacing is perfect so far and the gun fights are not just breeze through them. I tried to run-n-gun a few times and met death quickly.

So it is a great game so far. I wish I had something more to add than all of the glowing reviews, but they have all been exactly spot-on. Definitely. I plan on beating the SP before I do anything else MP related, so I hope to have it done by tomorrow night, Thursday the latest, if all goes according to plan.

:D

Have you got the the train sequence yet?

From what I've spoiled myself with that's one of the first "woah" parts I've heard. At 23% though I think you still have a bit to go, supposedly the first 1.5 hours is a bit slow.

Really looking forward to this tomorrow, the game just looks amazing, and I did enjoy the MP a bit in the Beta, so looking forward to leveling up.

With this and Forza 3 then MW2, I need to sell all my old games, as they will never get played again lol.