Windows 7 House Party

Am i right in thinking that you have to organise the party and pay for everything?

I dont get it :s

They send u a party pack with games n stuff, there are also alot of things you can download for free. But yeah if u want food n stuff then you'll need to pay for that yourself, or tell the guests to bring it along.

I'm just having some friends round for a drink, we'll probably get a take-away or somethin'

They send u a party pack with games n stuff, there are also alot of things you can download for free. But yeah if u want food n stuff then you'll need to pay for that yourself, or tell the guests to bring it along.

I'm just having some friends round for a drink, we'll probably get a take-away or somethin'

What time should i arrive? And will you be paying for said takeaway? :p

Well I hate to burst everyone's bubble (if it makes everyone feel better mine was burst as well), but it looks like they are a little deceiving with the wording.

Yes, we are all Eligible to win, but the actual people who will win have not been chosen yet...

Not the part I bolded above.

And also, I keep getting more emails from them since I signed up, and all of them keep saying Congratulations, etc., etc. The latest one I got said I needed to sing in again and create a party, although the one prior to that said Congratulations.

Got this one at 8:39 PM

Congratulations... You are a Windows? 7 Launch Party host!!

Because you were among the first host finalists to set up your party online, you are confirmed as a host and will be receiving a free party package to share with your guests shortly before the party.

[left

>[/left]

You mean I am not a host now? :) I got the same email. I went and set it up although I feel like a total nerd for asking any of my friends to attend? What if they don't show up? Will I get in trouble with the Party Police and I have to give back the party favors? HAHA

I got the opposite email chain than the post by DirtyLarry. I got the your so close and then I got the congrats you are a host. So which is it? Am I a REAL host or am I not?

So many questions so little answers and so little time I have to get ready :) LOL

Got this one at 8:39 PM

Congratulations... You are a Windows? 7 Launch Party host!!

Because you were among the first host finalists to set up your party online, you are confirmed as a host and will be receiving a free party package to share with your guests shortly before the party.

[left

>[/left]

Sorry to burst YOUR bubble, but that's just for the PC draw. Everyone will get a party package ^_^

No need to be rude about it. I was not being so, I just put it that way as my bubble was burst personally as I thought it was not legit yet (actually still do more on that below), so if the whole 64 person thing is just about a PC that is great, but there are literally 1000's of these parties set up right now, so I just thought it applied to that too...

You mean I am not a host now? :) I got the same email. I went and set it up although I feel like a total nerd for asking any of my friends to attend? What if they don't show up? Will I get in trouble with the Party Police and I have to give back the party favors? HAHA

I got the opposite email chain than the post by DirtyLarry. I got the your so close and then I got the congrats you are a host. So which is it? Am I a REAL host or am I not?

So many questions so little answers and so little time I have to get ready :) LOL

I got mine out of order as well, probably because I visited the site as soon as I noticed that others were getting their e-mails, but before I got mine. When I visited the site (even though I had not gotten either e-mail yet), it probably triggered the first e-mail (which should have been the second), as I got it about 10 seconds later. My second e-mail (which should have been the first) came in about 30 or 40 minutes later.

Okay thanks for the responses and it looks like the same thing happened to you guys as well with the out of order email. Makes sense since a good amount of us signed on before it was officially sent out thanks to this thread, but I do agree with the comment the site is rubbish. Everytime I sign on it is either no party or I have a party, it is never consistent. I guess the site is being slammed, but they should have expected it.

Oh well. It looks like it is still legit. I am just psyched as this settles the third copy of 7 I needed. Got one from Amazon (for my wife's netbook), getting one copy for free from HP (for my laptop), so needed another for my gaming PC, so I will gladly throw a party for that. Half my friends are just like me and just geeky enough they will be into it, and the other half my friends just like to party and could care less about the theme, so yeah, a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate to throw a party, seems to good to be true to me, that is why I am so skeptical this is all legit.

I found that that there are people who are hosting the Launch Party between October 8 -12. These people are also listed in the site. I guess these are Microsoft employees.

They have restricted the guests to 9. Oh. You can invite as many as you want. But you have only 9 tote bags to give away. Draw lots may be.

i went to the house party but think im too late.. the apply now button ir replaced with a view details button...

i would so apply there is no one in north west Arkansas hosting this party

edit: just applied

Your application was received on Tuesday, September 22 2009 and is now under review.

You will be notified by email of your status on or around Monday, September 21. Good luck!

seems a glitch of when they plan to tell me... but there is no one near me for at least 500 miles on the list so i see that as a benefit..... now just getting 10 people together...... will be a stretch

Looks like there are going to be a lot of Windows 7 parties out there after the release :)

Anyone doing anything to make their party stand-out?

i may do mine after release.. a saturday afternoon party would work better as im inviting a lot of my extended family ... aunt uncle.. brother and wife... my sister and possibly wickerdude from the forums here...... then my mom and dad will be here....

No need to be rude about it. I was not being so, I just put it that way as my bubble was burst personally as I thought it was not legit yet (actually still do more on that below), so if the whole 64 person thing is just about a PC that is great, but there are literally 1000's of these parties set up right now, so I just thought it applied to that too...

Okay thanks for the responses and it looks like the same thing happened to you guys as well with the out of order email. Makes sense since a good amount of us signed on before it was officially sent out thanks to this thread, but I do agree with the comment the site is rubbish. Everytime I sign on it is either no party or I have a party, it is never consistent. I guess the site is being slammed, but they should have expected it.

Oh well. It looks like it is still legit. I am just psyched as this settles the third copy of 7 I needed. Got one from Amazon (for my wife's netbook), getting one copy for free from HP (for my laptop), so needed another for my gaming PC, so I will gladly throw a party for that. Half my friends are just like me and just geeky enough they will be into it, and the other half my friends just like to party and could care less about the theme, so yeah, a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate to throw a party, seems to good to be true to me, that is why I am so skeptical this is all legit.

Sorry, didn't mean to seem hostile, just a bit annoyed I missed out (I applied to late :( im not sure if ill get the email) and I was tired. Oh well :) (I got the same thing as Aussie.)

:) (I got the same thing as Aussie.)

epic.. cool... i been hammering the refresh on my 2nd computer on both the house party site and the email... and pinging my ipods email server every 3 1/2 minutes.. even checking the spam folder every half hour.... and clearing any thing older of before i applided to this to make sure it doesnt get burried.....

possibly they plan that were from the future,, and we now missed the email because google didnt reconize it being sent from yesterday and arriving today so our confirmation got lost in a time space continuum ,,, or something like that.

now its time to put my aluminum foil hat back on and keep pestering google for my emails