The Big TNA Wrestling Thread

I like it :whistle: - for now.

Reminds me of when John Cena intro'd the new WWE Spinner belt, which back then was like :woot: but now its like :no: - it is time for WWE to have a "regular" belt again. This new TNA belt will be ok, for the time being. I hope the belt is not IMMORTAL!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

TNA fans have expressed their disappointment with the "3/3/11" vignette aired by TNA on Impact this past week and have posted the following Tweets on Dixie Carter's Twitter account:

cherberrie: @tnadixie I caught the last five minute of your programming and it blows.. It is terrible... You will never be WWE. stop trying to be!

canadianbulldog: Dear @TNADixie - Nice "Surprise". Maybe next time you can surprise us with a wrestling promotion that doesn't absolutely f***ing suck.

JAVincen: @TNAwrestling @TNADixie Wow...The big surprise ending is a rip off of WWE's Undertaker promo for Sting.... Disappointing......

trtx84: Oh lord. Really @TNADixie? We're just gonna straight up copy WWE wholesale now? Embarrassing... #3311

TweepzMostLuvd: @TNADixie anything to keep them away from #1 huh? That's why this cpmpany will go down. What a let down.

jakeblckmn: @TNADixie could you please be more original, 3-3-11 really? and you wonder why your company sucks and is in the gutter, get new writers

WrestleWrestle: Y'know @TNADixie , if you're that driven to flush money down the toilet, you could just send it to me and save everyone a lot of pain.

MrGamer2558 : @TNADixie a mock video of WWE's 2-21-11 for Sting is your big surprise? you're kidding? this is a f***ing joke right?

thedylan2296: @tnadixie tna is officially dead... dixie... why? at victory have someone squash sting very quick... i wont care as long as sting looses

PocketVolcano: @TNADixie Seriously, just close up the company. Your talent is severely underpaid (esp the women) and you keep rehashing WCW stuff. Stop.

AreYouHie: @TNADixie when can i take over creative control of TNA? im pretty sure i'd bring in more viewers with much better "surprises"

bookerg: Only 1/2 an hour to go till @TNAwrestling & @tnadixie disappoint me with another overhyped "shocking surprise"! Who-hoo!

Lamou420: @TNADixie enough with the surprises already. We all know you can't deliver. Every time #tna announce a "big surprise" it's a let down.

Morris272: Sting in WWE would of been great in TNA its boring and predictable.

CdnOtakuGamer: Actually, the big surprise is that @TNADixie brought a big cake for everyone... But Matt Hardy ate it all backstage.

GrappleKingdom: Dear @TNADixie and @TNAwrestling - see how @WWE announced Sin Cara? THAT is how you make an impact in the wrestling world.

xthegunshow: @TNADixie Oh wow Sting vs Jeff Hardy...you really know how to keep those viewing figures down.

EmJayEch: The WWE is horrible & they lost me as a fan years ago, TNA is my CHOICE but TNA has opportunity and they BLOW IT BIG TIME. F-THIS @tnadixie

NotTripleH: Are we sure that TNA has the real Sting backstage, or the NWO Sting? Because I doubt @TNADixie knows the difference. #VintageDixie.

xthegunshow: @TNADixie No one gives a f*** that Sting is at tonights Impact Taping, people want him in WWE. You use him horribly.

XDustinEFLX: @TNADixie: Instead of paying your wrestlers more,you're wasting more money on a second Jersey Shore 'star'? Are you stupid?

gersfan22331: @TNADixie wow dixie the big suprise was sting wow the old man chose to stay with the 5TH rate trash that is tna

awesome_since88: @TNADixie OMG I wonder who 3-3-11 is??? This is going to change pro wrestling forever!! If I can only control myself for a whole week #TNA

EdgeUniversity: @TNADIxie so...your huge surprise for Impact was that you can copy a promo video that @WWE has been doing for the past month? GREAT JOB!

james_donald: YAY FOR COPYING WWE!!!! f*** you you dumbass bitch @TNADixie.

bookerg: I'M OFFICIALLY DONE WITH TNA. Don't say "SHOCKING SURPRISE" and not deliver. @TNAwrestling and @tnadixie. You just lost a viewer. FU.

Joerrd: @TNADixie LOL. That little 3-3-11 promo? That's the reason nobody takes your bingo hall company seriously.

The_Kliq_Army: @TNADixie so #TNA just basically stole the #WWE #Taker22111 promo lame

divalover159: @TNADixie learn to be original and never EVER copycat. if you want to be taken very seriously and not as a joke that you just made yourselfs tonight. learn to be original or your nothing more but a joke. just saying.

wmkrow: wow, @tnadixie, good job ripping off WWE and their 2-21-11 bit. Same font and everything.

Relentless_J: Lmfaoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! TNA really copied WWE by making a 3-3-11 video??? @TNADixie can't use ORIGINALITY!?!?!?

JeebusOMalley: @TNADixie Seriously? Not even gonna pretend to have an original thought huh? Unbelievable. Impact is garbage.

PhantomLordNYC: @TNADixie Jesus Christ can't you people come up with anything original at all???

DarkMatchRaslin: @TNADixie we liked the Sting promo the first time we saw it...when it was for Undertaker in WWE a month ago...seriously, even the numbers?

J712v2: A mock 2/21/11 video? Really TNA? Really? Dear Spike: Take TNA off TV, and put ROH on instead!

972664345.jpg

... look at all those cheering fans in the back. looks like most of em don't give a f.uck and are sitting down

• 2 weeks later...

PWInsider.com is reporting that sources within TNA are claiming the main event of tonight's TNA Victory Road PPV was cut short due to concern over Jeff Hardy's "state of mind" prior to the PPV. It's also being speculated that Sting may not have agreed to work a long match with Hardy given his condition.

Several readers have sent in word that after the PPV went off the air, and the live crowd began to chant "this is bull****," Sting could be seen at the entrance ramp mouthing "I agree, I agree." More on this developing story as it becomes available

----------

WWE legend The Honky Tonk Man has posted the following on his Facebook account: "HTM has been told Hogan will bolt to WWE if asked. Sources within TNA have said Hogan will leave [Eric Bischoff] behind like a rat. Hogan is on his way out of TNA. Dixie has had to advance Flair money to pay his debts. Strange things are happening at TNA! Hogan's TNA contract is results and incentive based. Either party can walk anytime. HTM said it first Hogan is on the way out."

Although there are many reports online at this moment regarding why the main event at Victory Road went only one minute, twenty eight seconds, the fact is that no one really knows yet what happened in the ring.

Here's what we have gathered, at this hour, from a variety of sources.

There was general concern throughout the day on the condition of Jeff Hardy. The finish of the match was never discussed with agents, announcers, or the production truck as a one minute, twenty eight second match. Sting's physical limitations based on age and/or injury were not a factor.

There are two stories floating around right now. One is that the Bischoff announcement was designed to kill time, and Bischoff was sent down with what is called "an audible" (last minute change) to switch the finish. The other is that Sting, who was noticeably angry in the dressing room before the match (supposedly based on what he felt was Hardy's condition), "hooked the finish" and just ended the match after the first move, with referee Brian Hebner either counting three or being told from the back to get out of the match by counting three.

Either way, it will be very interesting how TNA President Dixie Carter handles this latest explosive situation in her dressing room.

We are working on several other stories arising out of this controversy. Keep checking back with WrestleZone tonight for much more

WrestleZone has spoken with several key insiders and several wrestlers in TNA, and the consensus opinion is that something has to be done regarding tonight's Victory Road pay per view debacle.

"This is the type of controversy that kills a promotion," one very concerned wrestler told us tonight, "what happens when Spike TV executives Doug Herzog, Kevin Kay and Brian Diamond watch this, and try to justify this to sponsors and advertisers? It's embarrassing, and it's terrible for the company to go off the air with the fans chanting bull**** when the company knew they had a major problem to deal with."

"Why wasn't he replaced?" asked another wrestler, "why couldn't we have just handled it professionally, instead of risking everyone's well being, including Sting's and the fans, by putting someone who was not fit to wrestle out in the ring?" Even a key insider who is usually a Hardy defender told us "Jeff should not have been cleared to wrestle in that main event tonight."

While no one would pinpoint exactly what Hardy's problem was, it is clear TNA President Dixie Carter has a dressing room filled with concerned and angry talent at the moment. While Ric Flair's presence is "amusing" (as one wrestler put it), the precedent is being set for wrestlers to act in any way they want, and there is a sense of anarchy in the TNA dressing room right now.

"Bischoff doesn't have any authority. The agents don't lay down the law," one very prominent TNA wrestler told us, "no one learned from WCW what happens when the inmates take over the asylum!"

--------------

There are a million rumors flying around tonight about Jeff Hardy and his condition at the TNA Victory Road pay per view. We can report with certainty that TNA management was concerned about Jeff's condition this evening, and that was the reason the main event went one minute, twenty eight seconds. We can also report Sting was said to be furious over the situation, and apparently he wasn't the only one.

We can squash the rumor that Jeff Hardy was arrested after the show. We have several reports that Jeff left the arena, but not in police custody.

Keep it locked to WZ as we there will be more to come on this breaking story.

Just read about it this morning. Sounds like a total shambles. Why even send out Hardy if he's in such a bad condition? They could have just used the RVD/Anderson finish to make a triple threat match. Although it looks like it was all last minute, as in making the decision once Hardy was in the ring. Did no one check up on him throughout the show or have a plan B when he arrived like that?

Going to have to check this out on Youtube...

First the "3-3-11" crap and now this mayhem... TNA is heading down the drain faster than WCW ever could it seems! It almost makes WCW in it's final days look like it was a very well professionally run ship! :p

here's more

PWInsider.com is reporting that TNA star Jeff Hardy has been sent home from today's TNA Impact taping. Hardy is still being advertised, however, on the company website to appear on this week's show, so the decision could always be changed as the taping does not begin until later tonight.

TNA really shouldn't taken on that loose cannon...he reminds me alot of Brian Pillman and we all know how that story ended

They changed the title? Hardy is gone then!

yeah redesigned it again! which is funny seeing as Hardy was the one that debuted the new title last year...get rid of him completely :D