[Football] Winter Transfer Window 09/10

Real Madrid offer ?56m for Pato (Football Italia)

Spanish newspapers suggest Real Madrid are preparing a ?56m January bid for Alexandre Pato, but Milan will turn it down.

The Brazilian youngster remains hot property on the transfer market after Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti failed to tempt him away in the summer.

Real haven?t been as successful as hoped despite their summer spending spree that saw Cristiano Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso, Karim Benzema and Pato?s good friend Kaka come to the Bernabeu.

President Florentino Perez hopes to buy his way out of trouble again with a sensational ?56m offer for the teenage striker.

However, having already sold Kaka for ?55m to pay off their debts, Milan have absolutely no intention of losing another Brazilian star.

---

BECKFORD EXIT NOT A DONE DEAL (Sporting Life)

Leeds boss Simon Grayson wants to keep FA Cup hero Jermaine Beckford at Elland Road.

Beckford sent the 9,000 travelling supporters into ecstasy at Old Trafford as his first-half goal helped secure a famous third-round win over Manchester United.

The fact it was Leeds' first win at the home of their bitter Roses rivals since 1981 told its own story, even without the torment of the six years since their last visit, which have seen the once-proud club plummet into League One.

Leeds appear certain to get out of that wasteland next spring, although they might have to do it without Beckford, whose 20th goal of the season might be his last as his contract runs out in the summer, and chairman Ken Bates is wary of the striker leaving for nothing.

However, Grayson is under no obligation to sell, especially now Leeds have banked a tidy sum from his exploits.

And it is by no means certain Beckford will leave.

"There are three scenarios," said Grayson.

"He can either sign a new contract now, or we can keep him until the end of the season and he leaves then. The worst-case scenario is that we are offered some money now that is too good to turn down.

"But we would have to have replacements lined up if that was to happen."

It has already been suggested Newcastle have made a bid, something Grayson refused to discuss.

However, he knows Beckford's ability - his goal at Old Trafford was an excellent effort as he got beyond Wes Brown then beat Tomasz Kuszczak with a neat finish after the Pole had been slow to react - is a precious gift.

And the 26-year-old will be going nowhere unless the price is right.

"He showed what he is all about. He worked hard for the team and got his opportunity," said Grayson.

"That is five goals in the last three games now. That is a big commodity.

"We are not looking to sell him but money talks with any player.

"I knew as soon as the window opened there would be a lot of talk about him.

"We don't want him to leave unless it is the best thing for him and, long term, the football club. But, if we do let him go, we won't let him go on the cheap."

It is only a couple of weeks ago Beckford stormed off down the tunnel after being substituted at Southampton, a reaction he has since apologised for.

However, the supporters who were booing him then are raising the roof now.

It does not quite erase all the pain they have endured over the past few years. But it certainly signals an intention to bounce back.

"It is a fantastic achievement," said Grayson, who went on to praise the club's loyal fans.

"Our football club has had a lot of negativity over the last five years.

"We have been in administration and we have been relegated. I said when I came to the club we had reached rock bottom and would not go any lower.

"But our fans were there for us. It is not just about taking 9,000 to Old Trafford.

"We have taken 3,000 to Bristol Rovers on a Tuesday night. Every away allocation, we sell. We regularly get 25,000 at home.

"There have been times when they might have downed tools and decided football was an expensive business and supported the team from home.

"But they have followed us the length and breadth of the country. Today is a result for them more than anyone else."

Captain Richard Naylor told ITV1: "We've had to wait a long time since we last won here and I'm really proud of the lads and the supporters.

"I thought we had a few chances to make it two late on. They're always going to get chances at Old Trafford, you wouldn't expect anything else but we dug in when we had to."

Getting a little sick of hearing all the "Madrid preparing an eleventy-million-pound bid for such-and-such a person". It's getting more than a bit ridiculous, and something needs to be done, really :/

I'm sick of all the Real Madrid rumors as well,but far worse are the "Manchester United looking for a new keeper",I'm just as sick though about ridiculous stuff about Chelsea wanting to sign Torres.

I will be surprised if we make any big time transfer :/

I would be interesting to see Van Nistelroy coming back to England,either to Birminham or the scousers.

^ lol - yeah, sure, he only cost them 40+million and Eto'o.

I know this is probably a long shot too but what if Fabregas actually goes to Barcelona?

Fabregas won't leave in this window but the Summer who knows.

this was a big freebie that no one really tried to scoop up!

Pandev seals Inter switch

Macedonian striker Goran Pandev has completed his transfer to reigning Italian champions Internazionale. The 26 year old has signed a four year and a half year contract with Inter, thereby tying him to the Nerazzurri till June 2014.

Pandev was a free agent after his contract with Roma was rescinded by the Lega Calcio contract resolution board. Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and other major European clubs were keen to sign him, but Pandev, who had his eyes set on a return to the San Siro, chose to stay in Italy.

Inter signed Pandev from FK Belasica in 2001 when he was just eighteen. He had loan spells with Spenzia and Ankona before moving to Lazio as part of the deal that brought Serbian midfielder Dejan Stankovic to the San Siro. Inter then sold the other half of his rights to Udinese in 2005, and Lazio purchased it from the Zebrette for around four million euros, thereby making Pandev a full Lazio player.

Pandev scored 48 goals in 159 appearances for Lazio between 2004 and 2009. He will now wear the No.27 shirt at Inter, and will be presented to the press after Inter?s midweek Serie A game against Chievo.

eDPpN.jpg

Roberto Carlos revealed to Corinthians Fans!

Roberto Carlos was officially introduced to Corinthians fans on Monday and vowed to help the Brazilian club win its first Copa Libertadores title.

Returning to Brazil after 15 years in European football, the 36-year-old defender signed a two-year contract with Corinthians and said he will end his career at the club after leaving Turkish side Fenerbahce last month.

"It's an important year for Corinthians, playing the Libertadores in its centennial," he said. "This title would mean the same, or even more, than the (Champions League) I won with Real Madrid in Europe. It's one of the few titles I haven't won in my career."

The Copa Libertadores -- Latin America's most important club competition -- also is the only major title to elude Corinthians, which is Brazil's second most popular club behind Flamengo.

About 3,000 fans welcomed Carlos at the team's stadium, celebrating and chanting his name.

"I've had emotional moments in my career before, but this one is unique," he said. "It's moving to hear this crowd yell my name. I hope to reward them on the field."

Carlos played for Corinthians' rival, Palmeiras, before moving to Europe in 1995 to join Inter Milan and eventually Real Madrid and Fenerbahce.

He will be joining former Brazil teammate Ronaldo, who has been playing with Corinthians since last year.

Both players were starters when Brazil won the 2002 World Cup in South Korea and Japan, and also were together at the 2006 World Cup in Germany, when Brazil was eliminated by France in the quarterfinals.

"Ronaldo is not only my friend, I can call him my brother," Carlos said. "I've learned a lot with him and it's great to see him scoring goals again."

Corinthians said his contract is similar to Ronaldo's deal with the team, which is largely based on marketing actions. The player said he talked a lot with Ronaldo before deciding to sign with the club and said the striker was key in his return to Brazilian football.

Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.

Carlos also said he is fit and hopes that good performances with Corinthians this year could open the door to a return to the national team for the first time since the 2006 World Cup.

Corinthians will debut this season in the traditional Sao Paulo state championship against Monte Azul on Jan. 17. The team is the competition's defending champion.

Rappy: I know what you mean about Adu. :laugh: My father asked me the other day about him, wondering what had happened to him. I said that he just didn't performed as expected in the clubs that he has played for since his move from Real Salt Lake. :( Still young enough to further develop, however.

Since Fabregas and Real Madrid were mentioned in the same sentence, I should say that Florentino is expected to make a move for Cesc, but in the Summer transfer window.

I see Cesc moving to Barca more feasible, really.

That Pato rumour is simply ridiculous! Besides, it isn't as if Madrid were in a bad position. They obviously have chances of winning the League title. I mean, yeah, they missed the chance of being first this past weekend, but c'mon! I do understand, however, that after so much money having been spent in 'star signings', a lot is expected from them.

Arsenal: It'd be nice if they sign Huntelaar! I believe that he is a great striker. It's just really sad the way he was rejected by Madrid. If anything, he has a lot of potential to show.

Liverpool: Rafa has stated that they won't make a move for Van Nistelrooy. Who knows.

Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo are Kings. :)

Edited by CrownedClown03

looks like Adu is on his way to follow Altidore!

Benfica forward Freddy Adu has revealed he is considering a move to Hull City.

Freddy Adu has struggled to make an impact in Portugal

Adu, 20, is currently on loan at Portuguese side Belenenses having spent time last season at Monaco, but the USA international has struggled for playing time and goals in Europe so far and looks set to move on to a new club in January.

Writing on his Twitter account, Adu has said that he is currently deciding between a move to Hull or Greek side Aris Thessalonica, adding: "I have some tough decisions to make. I have a pretty good idea about what I want to do because it's about playing time and my development."

Adu will be keen to secure regular first-team football to bolster his hopes of playing in South Africa.

^Haha, yeah. I just saw the news while searching for him on Google. I wanted to check his exact numbers. :laugh:

I'm unsure of which move would be better, though. Hull City, perhaps?

^Haha, yeah. I just saw the news while searching for him on Google. I wanted to check his exact numbers. :laugh:

I'm unsure of which move would be better, though. Hull City, perhaps?

yeah its crazy, I still swear he is like older then 21!

Dream on..

It depends, if Ramsey comes up sooner he may takes the place of Fabregas, and I'm quite sure the spanish wants to play for Barcelona one day. I don't think he will stay for more than two seasons.

Getting a little sick of hearing all the "Madrid preparing an eleventy-million-pound bid for such-and-such a person". It's getting more than a bit ridiculous, and something needs to be done, really :/

Just replace Real Madrid with Chelsea and we have the same situation in England 3 or 4 years ago. That kind of crap always happens when a club suddenly gets a load of cash to play around with.

Just replace Real Madrid with Chelsea and we have the same situation in England 3 or 4 years ago.

:blink: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway,how about that :

Manchester United are planning to sign French forward Karim Benzema (22) on loan from Real Madrid until June and then negotiate a permanent move for next season.
I think ManU have more than enough strikers..

Manchester City were in advanced discussions last night over a surprise move to bring Patrick Vieira back to the Premier League after Roberto Mancini identified the former Arsenal captain as his first signing for the club.

Although Mancini, City?s new manager, said yesterday that he would not talk about making additions until after the Carling Cup semi-final, first leg against Manchester United tomorrow, talks have taken place in the past 48 hours over a deal to take Vieira, 33, on loan from Inter Milan until the end of the season.

It is possible that the move could be finalised in time for Vieira to make his City debut at home to Blackburn Rovers on Monday.

Mancini is well acquainted with Vieira, who won the first of his two Serie A titles while playing under him for Inter in 2006. The only apparent obstacle to a deal is the possibility of a late intervention from another club, with Ars?ne Wenger admitting last summer that he would be tempted to take the France midfield player back to Arsenal.

City are likely to offer Vieira the promise of a permanent contract next season if the arrangement works out for both parties.

Mancini has ruled out the possibility of signing Antonio Cassano, the Sampdoria forward, and has questioned the feasibility of persuading Juventus and Inter to sell Giorgio Chiellini and Mario Balotelli respectively. He did, however, acknowledge reports in Italy linking him with moves to sign Cristian Chivu and Iv?n C?rdoba, another two of his mainstays at Inter.

Manchester United are believed to be lining up a ?20million raid for Porto striker Hulk in a bid to strengthen their frontline.

It has been reported that United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is an admirer of the powerful striker, who is also attracting interest from rivals Arsenal.

pretty audacious there from the Brum but they are quite rich now

Yeah but Babel has still not done anything great like Benayon.. Maxi in and Babel out can be a good bit of business for Liverpool..

Yeah but Babel has still not done anything great like Benayon.. Maxi in and Babel out can be a good bit of business for Liverpool..

I wanted Babel to sign for Arsenal, he told Arsenal he was happy in the Netherlands then signed for Liverpool.

Babel gets hardly any starts for Liverpool.

If he apologizes to Wenger then I will be happy to sign him in this window.

Yeboah eyes Arsenal switch (Four Four Two)

The nephew of Leeds United cult hero Tony Yeboah is hoping to follow in his uncle?s footsteps with a move to the Premier League ? with his sights firmly set on Arsenal.

Retired Yeboah is best remembered at Elland Road for wonder-strikes against Wimbledon and Liverpool in the mid-nineties.

But now it is his nephew, Samuel, who intends to be making the headlines as he plies his trade in Belgium.

The 23-year-old recently put pen-to-paper with Jupiler League outfit Racing Genk after establishing a healthy goals-to-games ratio in Eastern Europe.

The Ghanaian international won the Moldovan league with Sheriff Tiraspol before signing for Israeli side Hapoel Kfar Saba.

And an impressive 34 goals in 81 games for The Greens saw him move across the country to Tel Aviv where he spent the 2008/09 season - netting 15 times.

Uncle Tony memorably scored 25 goals during his three-year spell in Yorkshire - including a UEFA Cup hat-trick against Monaco ? before joining German side Hamburger SV.

He now spends him time as Chairman of Bechem Chelsea FC in his native Ghana.

CSKA Moscow were reported to be lining up a ?2.5m bid for the young Yeboah, with Birmingham City also believed to be interested.

However, Genk eventually won the race for his signature at a cost of ?650,000.

But he admits he is planning to use this move as a stepping stone to greater things after impressing in the Europa League, with his ultimate goal to play under Arsene Wenger with the Gunners.

"I hope to get to a top European league via Genk," he said.

"I dream of Arsenal."

Atletico to sign Arsenal?s Merida!

MADRID (AFP) - Arsenal's Spanish midfielder Fran Merida is set to sign a five-year deal with Atletico de Madrid, Spanish sports newspapers said Tuesday.

The 19-year-old's contract with the Gunners expires this summer and he is ready to move back to his homeland, the AS newspaper said.

Another sports daily, Marca, said Merida is "one step away from signing for Madrid."

The Spain under-21 international was signed from Barcelona in 2007 but has failed to secure a regular first-team spot at the London club.

Atletico has been active in the mid-season transfer window after a poor start to the season that has left it in 11th place in the Primera Liga, 17 points behind leaders Barcelona.