• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Football] Winter Transfer Window 09/10

HilariousNinja    6

DONE DEAL: Manchester City have signed Adam Johnson from Middlesbrough

Decent signing that, fees in the region of ?7 million

Damo R.    29,667

1801: Two deals we keep being told have been wrapped up are Vasilis Torosidis from Olympiakos to Liverpool and Asmir Begovic from Portsmouth to Stoke City.

1809: DONE DEALS: We've got so many now it's embarrassing. Middlesbrough have announced officially that Egyptian striker Mido has signed for West Ham on loan until the end of the season.

Damo R.    29,667

Celtic have confirmed the signing of Tottenham striker Robbie Keane on loan until the end of the season.

The 29-year-old Republic of Ireland international is travelling to Glasgow on Monday evening and will be presented at a 2300 GMT media conference.

Keane has been consistently linked with a move to the club he is known to have supported as a boy.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp said: "He needs to be playing and to go to Celtic is a dream come true for him."

Celtic had already added Diomansy Kamara from Fulham on loan and Morten Rasmussen from Brondby during January to bolster their strike force.

He is a Celtic man and it looks like it probably will happen

And the Keane deal followed Australia international Scott McDonald's transfer to Middlesbrough minutes before the closure of the 1700 GMT deadline for incoming transfers in England.

Surrealist    1

McCarthy has something to prove before the World Cup, so perhaps he'll put in some effort. Mido? Mido is yet to know the meaning of effort.

No idea who Ilan is but it's a good deal, 6 month short contract and if Zola likes him, we've got first choice for another 2 years extension - which is my understanding.

Damo R.    29,667

McCarthy has something to prove before the World Cup, so perhaps he'll put in some effort. Mido? Mido is yet to know the meaning of effort.

No idea who Ilan is but it's a good deal, 6 month short contract and if Zola likes him, we've got first choice for another 2 years extension - which is my understanding.

Yeah McCarthy will be useful I feel, Mido well we all know his track record! and Ilan could be good an for 6 months we really can't go wrong.

Damo R.    29,667
47225828_keaneceltic466.jpg

Dance.    21

Good for him lol :p.

wolfman1380    5

West Ham seriously has no excuse for not scoring goals now :laugh: Dreading our game against them. :cry: BTW Rappy have they rearranged it yet?

Damo R.    29,667

West Ham seriously has no excuse for not scoring goals now :laugh: Dreading our game against them. :cry: BTW Rappy have they rearranged it yet?

according to the West Ham site it was meant to be 2nd February i.e today but that was postponed again so who knows!

but yeah we now have 7 strikers! :p

0,,12562~8378842,00.jpg

wolfman1380    5

according to the West Ham site it was meant to be 2nd February i.e today but that was postponed again so who knows!

but yeah we now have 7 strikers! :p

0,,12562~8378842,00.jpg

Actually i totally forgot we were meant to play you tonight, instead we've got the cup replay. If i'm honest i'd rather we had played you tonight just to get the game out of the way.

7 Strikers!! :blink: Barry Fry isn't managing West Ham these days is he :laugh:

Damo R.    29,667

oh yeah that's on ITV4 isn't it!

wolfman1380    5

Yep it is. Hopefully Mick will play the 2 new loan signings tonight.

Damo R.    29,667

Yep it is. Hopefully Mick will play the 2 new loan signings tonight.

might tune into that then!

red.    108

Just read that Mido is on ?1k a week. Sounds like a good deal to me even if it is Mido...

Damo R.    29,667

Just read that Mido is on ?1k a week. Sounds like a good deal to me even if it is Mido...

yep its true Sullivan confirmed it on BBC website.

deuz    2

so celtic sell macdonald to buy keane.... i wonder if that is even a good move....considering macdonald is performing for them and keane is inconsistent....

Kralik    3

so celtic sell macdonald to buy keane.... i wonder if that is even a good move....considering macdonald is performing for them and keane is inconsistent....

I had the same tht while reading abt this deal.. Keane can be a very handy player or he can have another spell like he had with 'Pool.. Mido is same but I feel West Ham made the right move by going for him.. he has quality

deuz    2

well they got mido cheap anyways...

Bassem    0
I know this is probably a long shot too but what if Fabregas actually goes to Barcelona

Dream on..

Uh..