Games you regret buying

Carmageddon I

Prey

UT3

oh and Bf2142...sorry but its total gash (this is from someone with over 1500hours BF2 play ranked and ex-owner of 12 ranked bf2 servers)

all I can think of offhand.

Due to my very critical nature I rarely buy games I'm unsure about, so I also rarely end up disappointed. Though, the last time I remember being truly disappointed was Little Big Planet!

I bought that game because a female friend of mine really wanted to try it yet she doesn't even a PS3 or any console for that matter. I decided to buy the game so she could try it at my place, also giving me the chance of trying it out. She walked away bored of the game after a single session and same thing happened to me - Such an awful game that is only kept artificially alive by all the junk

the community release and that rare gem which is fun for exactly 5 minutes.

How can you find this boring:

And, with all the mods for it:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

Modern Warfare 2 for PC. Sure, console games can get away with this crap, but user hosted games on pc?! I play more mw1 than I do the second. I prefer everything about the second game, except the dedicated servers issue, but the lack of dedicated servers ruins the game for me.

Let me throw that right back at you, how could you possibly find that fun and / or interesting for more than 5 minutes at the time?

Seeing as how I played Contra back in the 1980s on the NES, this was a cool mod, however, I didn't play it, because I don't own any of the consoles, currently.

Battlefield 2142 -I bought it at full price when it first launched. I was worried it wouldn't run well on my older machine, and I was right. Wasted the money. I did, however, just buy it again for $10, the Mac version. This computer can handle the game, so I'll see how it goes.

On the contrary, the one game I always regret not buying was Battlefield Vietnam, now, the only way I think to buy this game is if you purchase the collectors edition of Battlefield 1942, which I already own, with all it's expansion packs.

LittleBigPlanet is something I'll shelve for a month or two, then come back to see what's new and have fun for an hour or two, rinse/repeat.

It would be more often if they had the pro DLC coming out more often. The paint guns added a whole new dimension, but water will make things even more interesting. What people make is outstanding, but getting branded professional DLC more often is needed.

It's one of those games you can do that, keep revisiting at different points as it keeps evolving, a standard FPS/Action/Adventure story is linear, once it's complete it's complete and is probably shelved indefinitely until you ever feel nostalgic.

I'm good with my choices, I don't regret any game purchases. But I regret trading in Elite Beat Agents (DS). How I miss that game :(

Might pick it up again because it's only ?2.50 :happy:

As far as 360 games go, I'm going with the following:

Halo 3

Rock Band 2

Fight Night Round 4

Some may say Mass Effect is an awesome game, but it's the continuous loading, the controls, and lack of direction the game takes, and I'm not talking about load times.

Lack of direction? You didn't finish the game then since you sound like you gave up around the Citadel area. I guess there's a lack of direction enough to get a sequel that takes into account all the moral choices you made in the first game. ;)

UFC Undisputed 2009. The demo was fun, and so was the full game.... for about 10 minutes. Hella repetetive, but I suppose it was fun while it lasted. Shame that wasn't very long.

Not really, "as of late", but..

myherofrontsmboxart_160w.jpg

Imagine my disappointment once I passed the 3rd level.

I guess I only have myself to blame, all the good games had 4 screenshots on the back cover whereas this one only had 2 screenshots.

Uncharted 2, God of war collection and Infamous ( I smashed a controller to little bits because of this one )

My most recent regrettable purchase was Tony Hawk: Ride (360). The Board controller is just awful, you might as well just go out and skateboard for real. It'd be less painful than playin the game

Daikatana

Ahaha, nice. I never bought it, thankfully, but I can certainly see why a person would regret it.

As for myself, I kinda regret buying Resistance 2. I bought it at full price, and as soon as I was done the (mediocre) single player game, I shelved it. Unlike everybody else I know, I actually thought the multiplayer was average at best. Just a gigantic mess, and I never felt as though anything I was doing had any benefit to the team. It makes MW2 look methodical by comparison.

And Street Fighter 2: Turbo HD Remix is another one. Great game, but venturing online is a mistake unless you're looking to get your head inserted into your ass by the myriad of SF2 die-hards.