Neowin Digital Gallery

Welcome to the Neowin photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Try to put more details from your camera settings and also talk about what you have done with photoshop.

There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

The previous thread can be found here.

Thanks!

4231888639_bfd08a436e.jpg

4232656922_2d9ce20532.jpg

4232656464_5f2bb0d955.jpg

Happy 2010!

Welcome to the Neowin photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

Try to put more details from your camera settings and also talk about what you have done with photoshop.

There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

Thanks!

I could but where would the fun be in that :laugh:

Anyway I've got something to add (though I took it last month) - the back of a car in the snow :)

The small size of the photo gave me a first impression as if it was taken from space, and I'm looking at some clouds and ground from above.

Didn't get any fireworks last night... but I was trying out my new lens on the Delorean..

4234379394_e110d31512.jpg

What you guys think? Delorean Bokeh?

Thanks!

4231888639_bfd08a436e.jpg

4232656922_2d9ce20532.jpg

4232656464_5f2bb0d955.jpg

Happy 2010!

Dear Lord, tell me how!! What kind of equipment, post processing.. those are amazing!!

Dear Lord, tell me how!! What kind of equipment, post processing.. those are amazing!!

Just click the photos to see the info on flickr.

nikon D700

50mm f1.4

doesn't look like a lot of post processing

10 seconds

iso 200

f8

Mini_World___Looking_Through___by_Mr_Spoon.jpg Mini_World___Blades_by_Mr_Spoon.jpg Mini_World___Grass_Pocket_by_Mr_Spoon.jpg

Sorry no image details.

Shot with my Macro lens at about 105mm I should think. I actually had the aperture setting wrong, so instead of everything being pin sharp, it turned out like this, half bulrry, half not. I am quite pleased with the effect.

Had a go with a glass border too, which looks nicer, but doesn't fit with all the shots, so I stuck with the green one:

ff440dad399964bc970875f3dbfd5bab.jpg

It's no rocket science tbh. Fireworks do all the work for you, you just have to set the camera up for a long exposure. In post I only changed the camera profile in Lightroom because I shot everything in RAW.

First photo was shot with 14-24/2.8 and cropped a bit. Although I admit that I messed up most shots with that lens. Bad manual focus and not enough f-stops. The other two were shot with 50/1.4D.

It's no rocket science tbh. Fireworks do all the work for you, you just have to set the camera up for a long exposure. In post I only changed the camera profile in Lightroom because I shot everything in RAW.

First photo was shot with 14-24/2.8 and cropped a bit. Although I admit that I messed up most shots with that lens. Bad manual focus and not enough f-stops. The other two were shot with 50/1.4D.

still looks quite good though

4233182748_2c5dd97af7.jpg

everything in that pic looks good except for the foreground.
Background mountains sure look nice. I guess Foreground would have been great if it was during summer or spring.

Would you crop it differently then? My idea was to have to have the forground rocks to give a sense of how high up we were above the lake.

Or are you talking about not liking the whole lake area?

Would you crop it differently then? My idea was to have to have the forground rocks to give a sense of how high up we were above the lake.

Or are you talking about not liking the whole lake area?

IMO it just feels out of place. the mountains in the back are breath taking, while the foreground is uninspiring.