IMPORTANT: Pre-Upgrade preparation

As you all know, we're planning to upgrade the forums to Invision Power Board 3 shortly (as part of an upgrade that brings a completely re-written front page, but more on that elsewhere).

One of the features that IPB3 brings is Threaded PM's, allowing you to see a conversation laid out more like a topic view. Obviously this is somewhat different to the current system, and as part of the upgrade script, the existing messages have to be converted. I'm currently running the upgrade script on a copy of the database, to ensure we don't run into any issues when we upgrade for real. The script has been updating PMs to conversations for the past 2/3 hours, and isn't quite halfway through.

It would be a great help in speeding up the upgrade process if you could look through your inbox and sent messages, and delete any that you do not need to keep over the next couple of days, as there is little point wasting time upgrading unneeded messages.

Thanks all,

More on the upgrade coming soon...

can you make this an announcement, possibly?

See the forum title ;)

I considered sending everyone a message about it, but then I realised....

I don't think I have anything worth saving, so will probably delete them all. Well, there is one I might need to keep until the upgrade is released ;)

Done... Took a while since the inbox is very slow... i guess everyone is trying to get rid of their pm's.

As you all know, we're planning to upgrade the forums to Invision Power Board 3 shortly (as part of an upgrade that brings a completely re-written front page, but more on that elsewhere).

One of the features that IPB3 brings is Threaded PM's, allowing you to see a conversation laid out more like a topic view. Obviously this is somewhat different to the current system, and as part of the upgrade script, the existing messages have to be converted. I'm currently running the upgrade script on a copy of the database, to ensure we don't run into any issues when we upgrade for real. The script has been updating PMs to conversations for the past 2/3 hours, and isn't quite halfway through.

It would be a great help in speeding up the upgrade process if you could look through your inbox and sent messages, and delete any that you do not need to keep over the next couple of days, as there is little point wasting time upgrading unneeded messages.

Thanks all,

More on the upgrade coming soon...

I meant stickied throughout the entire forum, I don't know if this software has the capabilities to do it. It shows the topic throughout every forum and sub-forum...?

Going to do that right now. :)

Cleared it out, can't wait for the upgrade (Y)

Same here actually, I didn't like it when I first saw the upgrade but I can't wait to see it now. hihi