IMPORTANT: Pre-Upgrade preparation

700+ messages gone.... *shame* lol

Thank you to everybody who's helping us out with this. The less PM's we have to process, the shorter Neowin will be off-line whenever the upgrade finally hits.

Thank you to everybody who's helping us out with this. The less PM's we have to process, the shorter Neowin will be off-line whenever the upgrade finally hits.

Indeed, a test migration took about 10 hours, mostly on the PM's, and we now have half as many PMs in the system than we did at that point in time, so the migration time should now be around 5 hours (the maintenance will be longer however, as there are other things we need to do at the same time)

IT'S ONLY GONE DOWN ONCE SINCE YESTERDAY, SO I'M BETTING NOT!!!! WOOOOOOOO

Oh... I saw 6 earlier and now it's five... :(

Might be worth the time and effort to do a database query to see who the top say, 500 users pm count and pm/email pointing them this way.

Though I am surprised to hear that it's at half the number of PMs as before looking at the views the topic has seen. Amazing.

Might be worth the time and effort to do a database query to see who the top say, 500 users pm count and pm/email pointing them this way.

Though I am surprised to hear that it's at half the number of PMs as before looking at the views the topic has seen. Amazing.

The top 'offenders' are staffers, so I've moaned at them already. On top of the efforts of you folks, I wiped the inboxes of banned members (they can't read PMs, so why have them?) and a few others along those lines.

You're a Subscriber.... Go find out :p

I'm getting jealous! I wish Paypal was working for me, too bad it isn't. If not I would definitely be a subscriber.

The top 'offenders' are staffers, so I've moaned at them already. On top of the efforts of you folks, I wiped the inboxes of banned members (they can't read PMs, so why have them?) and a few others along those lines.

Lies... :shifty:

Indeed, a test migration took about 10 hours, mostly on the PM's, and we now have half as many PMs in the system than we did at that point in time, so the migration time should now be around 5 hours (the maintenance will be longer however, as there are other things we need to do at the same time)

Wow. That is brilliant news. Any rough numbers on how many total PM's there are out there?

It would be interesting to hear about the size percentage that the message database shrunk due to members cleaning house, before performing the conversion.

Edit: I now see that some stats have been posted (gotta read through the thread before posting requests like this).

Edited by AlfredSka