Neowin forums are back

This is a big bummer that you guys could not get the new version working. Couldn't you guys create a mirror server and test out the upgrade on that while the forum is still 2.0 here? In that way you can get it working even if it takes weeks. No problem is permanent. Everything has a solution.

At least you and IPS, Inc. tried your best to get this done.

But hey, we got an updated main site! It's not all bad news.

I think that they will be doing the switch eventually- though nice that it is back up.... once they can pinpoint just what the holdup was- I am guessing that the forums have so much data to go through that it would just take to long to convert it.

Great job though getting it back up even with the older theme.

Just to be clear, no decision regarding IPB3 has been made at this point. We need to discuss this as staff in the coming days: there's a lot of things to consider.

As I said there, I think it was the right decision to get the forums back online for now, even if it was a heartbreaking decision. I'm hoping everything will work out in the end.

Thank you to yourself and the other admin's that have worked hard over this period. I really enjoy using these forums and greatly appreciate all of the effort and hard work that you guys put it.

You guys deserve a big pat on the back!

Thank you to yourself and the other admin's that have worked hard over this period. I really enjoy using these forums and greatly appreciate all of the effort and hard work that you guys put it.

You guys deserve a big pat on the back!

QFT!

As I said in the other thread...I am glad that Neowin is back online. :yes: Hopefully IPS can help you guys work and fix the things that were causing the issues so we can get back IPB 3.0.

It's no hurry though. I like the Finity theme a bit better on IPB 2.x, rather than atlas on IPB 3. It seemed as there was just too much going on in IPB3.

As someone that was able to beta the new setup it was truly amazing and it does sadden me to see it will not be able to be setup sooner on the mainsite however I have faith in the Neowin dev team and I hope to see it up and running in the coming months. I am truly sorry that currently the work that was done was in waste.

I'm just happy to have the forums back online!

As all ugly people normally say; it's what's on the inside that counts... :p

But when you saw the pretty packaging that boxed the new forums, it's hard to get back.

I liked the simplicity of Atlas so much :(

I'm sorry to hear that everyone's hard work turned out the way it has. I hope you guys can pinpoint a cause, but I do thank you all for the hard work you've done, especially over the last few days.

Why isn't the forums theme matched the the main site layout theme ?

Might as well remove my black theme from the mainpage...

Also the site is still sluggish compared to the old layout. I Do prefer the new layout tho.

I'm sure we'll see IPB 3 rolled out eventually.

Having used IPB 3 on my own site, I can say it's quite a substantial upgrade from 2.x, both on the outside and inside, and thus it doesn't surprise me at all there were some major server issues with it.

Much kudos to the devs for their efforts.

In the meantime, we can live with a temporary theme mismatch. :p It happened before with Shift/Swift or Finity/Shift.

I know what it feels like to have a big project close to completion, with problems appearing along the final stretch. Coding can be a nightmare, but I have a feeling IPB3 is just having a seizure from dealing with millions of posts. Since you have already contacted IPB, I am sure they will help fix the problem now or in a later release.

To the Neowin Developers: Do not give up! Everything will be fine. :HUGS: