Neowin forums are back

I was being sarcastic. No one is losing anything by the (temporary) downgrade.

I'm merely disappointed that the IPB3 issues could not be fixed and you had to roll back.

Note to self: Buy a SarcMark license.

Your post didn't really come off as sarcastic. It came of kind of kind of ignorant.

Your post didn't really come off as sarcastic. It came of kind of kind of ignorant.

That's what I get for posting without a sufficient amount of caffeine in my bloodstream I guess. My bad.

I don't know if it will take time getting used to, but from what I saw I didn't like it.

I agree. I mean I don't wanna be a downer but I think IPB2 with the Finity theme looks better. A lot less wasted space, less blank areas, posts are separated better. When I tried the new theme it felt I dunno a step back.

But I know I'm in the minority here, perhaps I'll feel different about it in a few weeks. But I will say the new front page is a lot better than the old front page.

Ha ha, although as I chose to "hide" some forums, it's remembered my settings and now won't unhide them :p

If it helps, I don't mind choosing now to subscribe?

Ha ha, although as I chose to "hide" some forums, it's remembered my settings and now won't unhide them :p

If it helps, I don't mind choosing now to subscribe?

Supporting the site by subscribing is always a good idea. (Y)

so it didnt work out in the end as it should? :( shame, big shame :(

well i guess only ipb3 guys/developers are to blame then if it doesnt work as it should. isnt any software supposed to run perfectly before released? that would be another proof for releasing alpha/beta software as final ... kinda lame...

That's what I get for posting without a sufficient amount of caffeine in my bloodstream I guess. My bad.

A-Cup-Of-Coffee-May-Cause-A-Heart-Attack-2.jpg

:p

I agree. I mean I don't wanna be a downer but I think IPB2 with the Finity theme looks better. A lot less wasted space, less blank areas, posts are separated better. When I tried the new theme it felt I dunno a step back.

But I know I'm in the minority here, perhaps I'll feel different about it in a few weeks. But I will say the new front page is a lot better than the old front page.

I agree with you on all fronts. I thought there was too much wasted space all over. :/ But yes, the front page is a lot better.

it's really too bad. I was really looking forward to the new fourms. Hope you guys can take a break and try again (Y).

Major kudos to the staff who worked so hard to make a success of this upgrade. I am sure that they feel they've been kicked in the teeth. But like everything else, Neowin is always on the road to bigger and better things (upgrades included). The future will hold good things for us!

A big salute to you guys!

I really hope so...

Thats no advertisment for IPB either...;)

vBulletin has released v4.0 recently, but maybe there isn't any real options to switch to another software.

vBulletin has released v4.0 recently, but maybe there isn't any real options to switch to another software.

I believe certain staff feel 4.0 was a major disappointment. I remember reading it a few days ago.

I believe certain staff feel 4.0 was a major disappointment. I remember reading it a few days ago.

Ah, ok. Well I only see the front end of forums so I can't comment on anything else. But I guess there has to be some disappointment with IPB 3 too after what happened.

God Damn... Invision failed to make one of the biggest IP.Board working on IP.Board 3? :|

This sucks guys, all the efforts you pushed in Atlas, all the time passed on this, all wasted because the damn software is unstable?

I guess you should consider swaping engine then, there is lots of big boards on phpBB or whatever...

Anyway, I feel sad for you guys :( Hope you will find a solution.

At least, cheer up, Ignition is hot damn snappy and powerful, and it's all your own child.

Shame that some stuff didn't work out you guys really have been putting much effort into it! However I'm happy that I have my "Recent Posts" box back.... :p

I'm sure we'll see IPB 3 rolled out eventually.

Maybe, maybe not. From what I've seen it's not going to be an easy fix. Staying on version 2 is not really an option either. We might have to sacrifice some of the database or look for other options. Or it might work out.

Shame that some stuff didn't work out you guys really have been putting much effort into it! However I'm happy that I have my "Recent Posts" box back.... :p

That was still going to be there, once the upgrade had finally gone through; and it was even better :(

It's disappointing to see this happen, I hope you guys can eventually get to the bottom of the problem, and bring IPB3 back. I personally liked the new look