Neowin forums are back

Personally I love IPB3 and I hope the devs are able to fix the problem

Agreed. I've been an IP.Board user for years (I now refuse to use vBulletin as v4.0, along with the changes made to their corporate structure following their acquisition, turned me off rather quickly) and v3.0 is absolutely fantastic. Such scripts will always run differently depending on the hardware (and software) configuration "behind the curtain". It takes time and patience to take care of the kinks (trust me, I know), and the developers here have done a fantastic job of diagnosing the situation and proactively resolving it.

Agreed. I've been an IP.Board user for years (I now refuse to use vBulletin as v4.0, along with the changes made to their corporate structure following their acquisition, turned me off rather quickly) and v3.0 is absolutely fantastic.

I've been a vBulletin user for years, and I refuse to touch IBP until it fixes the bug where hovering over a thread title in the threadlist view produces the date the thread was started instead of a preview of the thread.

I've also been a vBulletin user for a number of years, I've maintained god knows how many in the past, and I'm still heading a couple of small ones out there, but ever since vBulletin 4.0 has been released, we've all kind of gone "Wait a minute..."

... And those two sites are now switching! Currently fiddling about with porting a theme to IPB3. It's not easy. But vBulletin 4.0 looks even more complicated.

I think I've tinkered with every kind of popular system, even skinned a unique system my friend made, and sold for a nice sum. vBulletin 3 was ideal. Great piece of software, and a joy to customise. All this new stuff is a pain though.

I've also been a vBulletin user for a number of years, I've maintained god knows how many in the past, and I'm still heading a couple of small ones out there, but ever since vBulletin 4.0 has been released, we've all kind of gone "Wait a minute..."

... And those two sites are now switching! Currently fiddling about with porting a theme to IPB3. It's not easy. But vBulletin 4.0 looks even more complicated.

I think I've tinkered with every kind of popular system, even skinned a unique system my friend made, and sold for a nice sum. vBulletin 3 was ideal. Great piece of software, and a joy to customise. All this new stuff is a pain though.

Great news. IPB is much better than vBulliten anyway. Also, great news on the forums being back!