aww poor neowin :(

Just seen this. It's a brilliant idea. Code needs a bit of a tweak though, maybe loading it after the ads appear.

I too am seeing this, however I have disabled adblock plus on neowin.net, and added neowin.net to the whitelist in Kaspesky Internet Security 2010

I'll try to work with Timan and put a delay in there - it's tough though, given that the adblockers have two motivations - to block ads, and to block them 'prettily', so they tend to delete whole elements etc. rather than just removing the ads.

Best way to support Neowin is to subscribe ;)

AND Subsriber's get access to the naughty forums ;) <<-- thats reason enough right there!

Best way to support Neowin is to subscribe ;)

AND Subsriber's get access to the naughty forums ;) <<-- thats reason enough right there!

your just trying to get us to subscribe, arent you? what if there are no naughty forums?!?!?!?

but anyway, the sad face message is also showing up instead of the ads on the news articles too... i dont know if its my internet connection, but this is definitely the first time i've seen it...

and the thing is, i have a couple of tabs with neowin pages on them, and the ads never load... the sad face keeps showing

im seeing this all the time now

neowinad.jpg

even tho i dont have an ad blocker???

hehe, when can we have review of adblocking programs at neowin? :p (kidding) All right, if the idea is to annoy people with adds, how about supplying add companies email addresses of all users registered with neowin??? this way neowin can generate more money LOL (don't we all love my nick name???)

Just sayin, 20 bucks Euro and im subscribed until Feb 24 2011. Well worth it :) (Looks like we get 2 years now for our 20 bucks)

I see it a lot, I think the ads are taking a long time to load

there's taking a long time to load, and there's not loading at all...

now neowin looks like the saddest website on the internet or something

geez im actually complaining about not seeing ads

I see it too but unfortunately i'm at work and the firewall automatically blocks em'

I'm going to subscribe anyway, i've asked 100s of questions on here and always get a great response. What exactly do u get for subscribing?

Interesting concept and it would have been meaningful and had some real potential of impact on people if it appealed not simply to their emotions but provided some context. Something like data on budget balance hosting-fees and ad income.

Does anyone have an Adblock Plus exception rule I can have to whitelist Neowin? I've added @@|*.neowin.net*, but I'm still not seeing ads!

... Never thought I'd complain about not seeing ads :rofl:

I subscribe and use adblock, I dont want to see anyones ads thanks. And even if I could see them, I aint clicking them!

Very good idea right there, means that even though the ads are blocked the space is used for an ad.

Also a general comment on Ad placement is that it's a lot better than previously with Finity where it took up space in the header. Meant the site didn't look as nice, looks a lot better now. (Y)

[offtopic]forster your sig is awesome[/offtopic]

Does anyone have an Adblock Plus exception rule I can have to whitelist Neowin? I've added @@|*.neowin.net*, but I'm still not seeing ads!

... Never thought I'd complain about not seeing ads :rofl:

http://www.devcha.com/2007/08/how-to-disable-adblock-plus-or.html

• Like 1

Depending on your ad-blocker you are most likely providing traffic to the tracker regardless, since often the ads are loaded but then removed when the page is rendered.