Neowin Digital Gallery

Would be handy as a newbie if people posted a bit of info about the shot , lense and settings maybe.

Like your picture jordan also.

that's why i post links to where the photos are hosted ;)

Don't really know who he is Jordan, but amazing shots. That last one could be a promo shot.

I agree there's barely any noise on those photos! amazing 5D mark II

man, you know hip hop artists are running out of names to use when...

to be fair at least it wasn't "lil' chipmunk" or "yung chipmunk"...lol

Bubba does have a point :p still chipmunk? Munk would've gotten a better "feeling" to it :p

to be fair at least it wasn't "lil' chipmunk" or "yung chipmunk"...lol

LOL good point, but a lot of those "lils" and "youngs" are dropping that now. *whirls finger in the air* Big deal, though :/

4357856456_6f5697dfce_o.jpg

DSC_0414

4357110107_af0f92fa9c_o.jpg

DSC_0450

A few more taken these days, nothing too inspired. My photograpy life has been dull, but I just rented a Nikkor 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 DX, should be here Tuesday. Using it at an all-state florida car meet on Sunday for all 8th generation Civics, can't wait :D

4345307318_6688a96aba.jpg

50mm f/1.8, taken at f/1.8, 1/180 sec, ISO200, RAW adjusted for color vibrance but nothing else

4305236729_422993946e.jpg

50mm f/1.8, HDR processed using 7 different exposures (-3,-2,-1,0,+1,+2,+3) in Photomatix, post processing in Photoshop CS3

4354713457_78629481a9.jpg

50mm f/1.8, taken at f/1.8, 1/20 sec, ISO 400, RAW adjusted +2.34EV. no other post-processing done.

Those "Chipmunk" shots are really nice.

I've been playing with flashes and here are some concept shots; I'm gonna work on these concepts and make actual shots (where, for example, you can't see the guy in the back).

4350176281_5c39a8a656.jpg

4351159541_755768d4dc.jpg

4352619270_3a01afac87.jpg

4354626467_a34eba0d10.jpg

4357356421_98da63ea80.jpg

Feel free to comment here or on Flickr.

Those "Chipmunk" shots are really nice.

I've been playing with flashes and here are some concept shots; I'm gonna work on these concepts and make actual shots (where, for example, you can't see the guy in the back).

4350176281_5c39a8a656.jpg

4354626467_a34eba0d10.jpg

Feel free to comment here or on Flickr.

I like these 2, I like the light bleed in the first one, though the glasses on the guy really ruin the shot though :p

And that second one looks really awesome, yet a bit blurred/out of focus

I like these 2, I like the light bleed in the first one, though the glasses on the guy really ruin the shot though :p

And that second one looks really awesome, yet a bit blurred/out of focus

Why do you think the glasses ruin the shot?

On the second one it looks slightly blurry because it was a long exposure shot and the model couldn't keep that steady.

Thanks for the comments.

Why do you think the glasses ruin the shot?

On the second one it looks slightly blurry because it was a long exposure shot and the model couldn't keep that steady.

Thanks for the comments.

Well not ruin, poor choice of words, but it just makes his face feel busy and it draws the attention to the glasses rather than the expression on his face. Just think of a horror movie, you'll never see the killer wear glasses :p

How long was the exposure? 22 seconds? ( Damned flickr can't say shutter speed:this )

Well not ruin, poor choice of words, but it just makes his face feel busy and it draws the attention to the glasses rather than the expression on his face. Just think of a horror movie, you'll never see the killer wear glasses :p

How long was the exposure? 22 seconds? ( Damned flickr can't say shutter speed:this )

The exposure is there on the properties on Flickr, in that case it was 11 seconds.

Camera: Sony DSLR-A200

Exposure: 11

Aperture: f/5.6

Focal Length: 60 mm

ISO Speed: 100

Messing around with a pic from 2007 and textures an that - I'm still not adept at it but have achieved something akin to what I was going for.

Original

OR.jpg

two versions (preferences from viewer appriciated before I post one or the other to flickr)

CO.jpg

BW.jpg

the only thing I wasn't able to figure out was boosting the brightnees/colour/saturation of the blood vessels in the eye (sposed to kind of mirror the creepers coming in from the other side)

I'm going to title it "Jeepers! There's Creepers (and Veins in My Peepers!)

The exposure is there on the properties on Flickr, in that case it was 11 seconds.

Ay caramba! Ya I was viewing he wrong photo sorry :p on topic, you don't think the photo would look creepier without the glasses?

@balddragon: Did you try wand tool in photoshop? Or Free form tool to Select the area of the veins? then Saturate/hue ?

Ay caramba! Ya I was viewing he wrong photo sorry :p on topic, you don't think the photo would look creepier without the glasses?

@balddragon: Did you try wand tool in photoshop? Or Free form tool to Select the area of the veins? then Saturate/hue ?

Managed to get photoshop to do what I wanted (initially the wand tool was just being an ###### but now we're friends again)

So tweaked a little - my only issue is that the full size is only 1558x880, I had to resize the image down to fit the frame as I couldn't find a free one large enough that it would still look ok enlarged to fit the image.

CO2.jpg

BW2.jpg

thoughts? I'm liking the colour version better though I do like the eye in b&w

Finally got around to testing out some macro shots with the Sigma lens.. (is there anything relatively cheap that i can add on to this lens to get me a little closer?)

4363717780_60b07b05b6.jpg

4362975645_7e23b978c5.jpg

4362975943_e8bfbf9859.jpg