Neowin Digital Gallery

except it's ugly from the front (it looks pretty sweet from the back), and I'm guessing FWD?

And a V6 accord is faster... way faster. 270hp.

I was referring to the 4 cylinder accord :yes:

Accord: 2.4 liter DOHC four-cylinder engine putting out 190 HP and 162 lb-ft torque

Kizashi: 2.4-liter DOHC four-cylinder engine putting out 185 HP and 170 lb-ft of torque

how do you get front row to all these shows all the time?

I get photopasses, so I'm able to go in front of the barrier right in front of the stage and in front of the people there watching and I can shoot there. I shoot for magazines and websites.

I get photopasses, so I'm able to go in front of the barrier right in front of the stage and in front of the people there watching and I can shoot there. I shoot for magazines and websites.

That's pretty cool. I'm guessing you're an established photographer in your area.

Now, here are some more photos from Alejandra's shoot the other day:

4382868619_68a9a3d03a.jpg

4383779705_4d11f15cb8.jpg

4386280654_d37d862600.jpg

4386894711_ab5971b4b1.jpg

4388700220_941fdc7080.jpg

Cool clouds!

I've got one here, a test shot for a photo I hope to porduce for submission to a photography competition (forensic photogs only). Needs to be tighter and possibly even shot from above instead of below and I'm going to float powder to make the torch beam come out in the photo and likely change the contaminant (make it like blood stained hands sliding down the wall instead of just spatter) - it's two pics spliced together (more details in the Flickr page).

It's called "Scene/Unseen"

4390407686_6c09e74fdf.jpg

Cheers

Very nice shot Bald. However since you say you're going to re-shot, Couple of ideas maybe.

1. Flash seems Harsh, casting a really bad shadow. Though don't know how much you can take this into account because of your line of work

2. The black hinges on the garage door are distracting not to mention all of that other stuff way on the right.

3. Maybe include crime scene article, eg instead of a wall, shoot a pair of shoes or a bloody kitchen knife in a set of knives. Or a person in a jail lineup flashed with that same light. (edit: something that tells a story)

4. Lend me that flashlight :p ?

Again I dunno if you're allowed to be more creative or not, are you supposed to be shooting more "work-like" pictures? Because at the beggining the photo did draw my attention, but then, when view large in flickr, It felt uninteresting.

Hope any of what I said is useful and good luck at the competition!

Very nice shot Bald. However since you say you're going to re-shot, Couple of ideas maybe.

1. Flash seems Harsh, casting a really bad shadow. Though don't know how much you can take this into account because of your line of work

2. The black hinges on the garage door are distracting not to mention all of that other stuff way on the right.

3. Maybe include crime scene article, eg instead of a wall, shoot a pair of shoes or a bloody kitchen knife in a set of knives. Or a person in a jail lineup flashed with that same light. (edit: something that tells a story)

4. Lend me that flashlight :p ?

Again I dunno if you're allowed to be more creative or not, are you supposed to be shooting more "work-like" pictures? Because at the beggining the photo did draw my attention, but then, when view large in flickr, It felt uninteresting.

Hope any of what I said is useful and good luck at the competition!

Cheers, Guppy (and it's Badl btw if you wanna shorten it - or just Malc lol)

Yeah, the flash is harsh. Did these images on the fly, didn't have time to set up the sb800s or other creative lighting, really just trying to see how the idea looks.

I intedned to shoot tighter at the torch lit area and should get rid of the bumpf on the right - dunno bout the hinges though, means finding another suitable area I can throw fingerprint powder water around without it being a right hassle to clean up.

I had thought about a low level shot looking up towards the fancy coloured bit with a marker board and maybe a (fingerprint powdered) knife but I don't know - I may try a few ideas like that but I really want it to fit the title "Scene/Unseen" in that the "cool" bit should be what is revealed under the torch with the rest of the image being "normal" - maybe even requires losing me from the shot.

I'll hopefully, get a coupl of hours to mess about this coming week and produce something worthwhile (watch this space! lol)

Cheers

Cheers, Guppy (and it's Badl btw if you wanna shorten it - or just Malc lol)

Yeah, the flash is harsh. Did these images on the fly, didn't have time to set up the sb800s or other creative lighting, really just trying to see how the idea looks.

I intedned to shoot tighter at the torch lit area and should get rid of the bumpf on the right - dunno bout the hinges though, means finding another suitable area I can throw fingerprint powder water around without it being a right hassle to clean up.

I had thought about a low level shot looking up towards the fancy coloured bit with a marker board and maybe a (fingerprint powdered) knife but I don't know - I may try a few ideas like that but I really want it to fit the title "Scene/Unseen" in that the "cool" bit should be what is revealed under the torch with the rest of the image being "normal" - maybe even requires losing me from the shot.

I'll hopefully, get a coupl of hours to mess about this coming week and produce something worthwhile (watch this space! lol)

Cheers

Oy Dislexic mofo :| :p I just realized your nick is BAD and not Bald, Every time I saw one of your posts I kept thinking "what does he mean by bald-dragon" :wacko: Yeah I kinda figured out why you were using the garage door once I read your flickr explanation on the shot. The idea is sweet, like I said in my previous post, it really got my attention but then up large I got distracted. Although on the lighting bit, I was think you should avoid using flash altogether if possible, like when you arrive at a scene do you setup lights? Just ideas , good luck :)

yea the ISO capabilities is great on the 5D Mark II.

Did a shoot today.

4390199526_c6f15d8ff4_b.jpg

Would you mind giving out your B & W workflow? I always bw on lightroom and my images come out noisy as hell :( if not it's all good :)

Shoot in RAW. That way you have more information to work with when you deal with the shadows.

Hmmm that may be a factor, I shoot mostly in JPEG. I thought it was just lightroom addding the noise. :wacko: