2010 Summer Football Transfers

Fulham get Salcido for ?1.8 million who was one of the best players at the World Cup.

We will get Koncheksy for ?3.5 million who is ****ing ****. We're quickly becoming a laughing stock. Actually, no, we already are.

Here we go again with the classless *****...

But Messi maintains that there can only be one outcome to the situation.

"Javier won't play for the club again, I can assure you of that, and I think the Liverpool coach knows that now," said Messi, according to the Daily Express.

"Javier's family are unhappy and the pressure of seeing that is making him depressed. Liverpool must act humanely and let him go."

mad.gif

In other Liverpool news..

Mario Gomez is a loan target for Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson...

The Reds' search for a strike partner for Fernando Torres has seen failed bids for PSV Eindhoven's Ola Toivonen and West Ham's Carlton Cole, although they are still interested in the latter.

And the search has now taken them to Germany, where they will try to strike a loan deal for Gomez, who is the most expensive player in German football.

The 25-year-old had been thought to be on the verge of joining Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid revolution, but that deal has been shelved until next summer, paving the way for a loan move elsewhere.

Here we go again with the classless *****...

mad.gif

Aye it's ridiculous isn't it?

Apparently Liverpool need to act 'humanly'. Messi makes it sound like we are keeping Mascherano chained to a tree and constantly beating him like the slave he claims he is.

Liverpool made Mascherano into the player he is today. At West Ham he was rotting in the reserves and couldn't get a game ahead of Hayden Mullins, and we took a huge chance on him and paid ?18 million.

Arsenal have wrapped up the signing of defender Sebastien Squillaci from Sevilla on a long-term contract.

Wenger confirmed: "We needed a centre-back of quality and experience if possible, and at the right price - he was all of that.

"He is a real defender and is good in the one against one, good in the air, and can score goals on set-pieces as well.

"I believe he will be suited to the English game.

"He will train with us tomorrow morning, but will not be involved on Saturday.

So its finally done... get a GK now plz Wenger..

Liverpool are reported to have been offered Real Madrid midfielder Mahamadou Diarra.

Diarra is thought to be surplus to requirements at El Santiago Bernabeu following the summer arrival of Sami Khedira from Stuttgart.

The 29-year-old has just a year to run on his current contract and Real are willing to offload him now rather than risk losing him for nothing next summer.

Liverpool could be in the market for a defensive midfielder should Javier Mascherano leave Anfield for either Barcelona or Inter Milan.

Former Lyon star Diarra admits he would be interested in a move to England as he wants to be playing regular first-team football.

"A chance to play in the Premier League would be excellent for me because I simply desire to play and not be on the sidelines," said Diarra.

^^ Yup.. only £17.2M.. guess the pressure from player and Barca (and maybe the board?) was too much for Roy to handle.. I guess you did a Henry to Barca. we sold Henry for far less than his worth coz we built Emirates Stadium just then and needed cash.. Same happened here I'm guessing.. Roy saying no but board saying we need cash.. sell him..

^^ Yup.. only ?17.2M.. guess the pressure from player and Barca (and maybe the board?) was too much for Roy to handle.. I guess you did a Henry to Barca. we sold Henry for far less than his worth coz we built Emirates Stadium just then and needed cash.. Same happened here I'm guessing.. Roy saying no but board saying we need cash.. sell him..

Roy Hodgson has nothing to do with the negotiations, it's all down to Christian Purslow.

Apparently, we got ?16 million up front and ?6 million in bonus payments. But I guess that will become clearer when the deal is completed.

quite surprised at the ?17.25m tbh :unsure:

Tottenham are set to test Aston Villa's resolve over Ashley Young by making a firm offer, skysports.com understands.

Spurs are yet to make any major moves during this transfer window, but their midweek qualification for the UEFA Champions League group stages now means they have extra cash to push through a big signing.

Boss Harry Redknapp has a number of options he is considering, but it seems England international Young is one of his main targets.

Young, though, would not come cheap - if Spurs can even persuade Villa to sell - but the London club are now confident they can get their man.

Contact

The transfer window shuts next Tuesday at 6pm, but it is understood that Tottenham are already pursuing the matter.

Spurs made contact with Villa earlier in the summer, but were put off by the Villa Park hierarchy. However, following Martin O'Neill's departure, the situation may now have changed.

Young has already declared himself more than happy to remain at Villa, but the chance to move back to his native London would likely be a huge draw for him.

It now remains to be seen whether Spurs can now agree terms with Villa over the coming days or whether the Midlands club - who are still to choose O'Neill's successor - will stand firm.

Unsettled winger Hatem Ben Arfa is in advanced talks with Newcastle over a move to St James' Park, according to Marseille.

The 23-year-old has refused to train for Didier Deschamps' side as he holds out for a transfer before the window closes on Tuesday.

The French champions said they have reached a deal with newly-promoted Toon, and are expecting Ben Arfa to agree terms.

"I think they will now agree," said Dassier in comments reported by L'Equipe.

"If that happens, I think we will quickly see Ben Arfa in Newcastle colours. I hope they agree."

Dassier admits he regrets the way Ben Arfa's career at Marseille appears to have come to an end.

"Unfortunately for Hatem, and this is not just from me, his father has agreed also, he has not received good advice," added Dassier.

"He is a good kid, but when I say kid, that is what I mean. His behaviour was very disappointing. There was an inability to get along and thrive in Marseille."

Despite his disappointment, Dassier wished Ben Arfa the best in the next stage of his career.

He added: "I hope he can express his quality and get back to normal life as a professional footballer wherever he goes.

Sky Sports Sources understand Fulham defender Paul Konchesky will undergo a medical at Liverpool this weekend.

Reds manager Roy Hodgson confirmed earlier this week he had spoken to his former club over a possible move for the left-back.

And 29-year-old Konchesky, a regular during Hodgson's time at Craven Cottage, now appears likely for a reunion with his former boss on Merseyside.

The stopper, a twice-capped England international, arrived at Fulham from West Ham three years ago.

Looks like we have signed Raul Meireles. Good player!

Liverpool have moved quickly to replace Javier Mascherano by agreeing a ?10.7m package with Porto tonight for the Portugal international Raul Meireles.

Meireles, one of Portugal's more impressive players at the World Cup, is understood to have agreed personal terms and, if everything goes to plan, the deal will be completed over the weekend, dependent on the 27-year-old passing a medical examination.

The transfer was rushed through this evening after Mascherano finally got his wish to leave Anfield, joining Barcelona in a ?20m deal that freed up the money for Liverpool to bring in a cheaper replacement.

Meireles is available for a low fee because he only has two years of his contract left and Porto have been trying to sell him rather than risk losing him on a free transfer in the future.

The player has been prominently linked with Manchester United over the past month but does not fit into the club's policy under the Glazer family of not signing players for big money if they are aged 26 or above, Dimitar Berbatov being the exception to the rule.

Liverpool do not operate with such restrictions and the manager Roy Hodgson will hope Meireles can make his debut in the league game at Birmingham City on 12 September.

www.guardian.co.uk

... and this bodes well

:)

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar looks set to join Schalke from AC Milan after the two clubs agreed a 14million euros fee.

The Dutch international is likely to be deemed surplus to requirements if Barcelona star Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to Serie A with the Rossoneri, with Milan looking for extra cash to fund the deal.

Huntelaar has never recaptured the form he showed in his time at Ajax after departing to first Real Madrid, then Milan, and looks set to link up with former Real team mate Raul at the Bundesliga outfit.

Even if Ibrahimovic's move to the San Siro collapsed, Huntelaar's agent Arnold Oosterveer confirmed that it was likely he will still depart.

"Milan told me we would decide this weekend what will be best for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar," Oosterveer said.

"He thought he could stay, but within two days the situation changed. There will be four strikers for only two positions, so that's not that attractive.

"Milan have let us know Klaas-Jan is able to leave.

"It would be a quick move as the transfer market is about to close. He still has a contract at Milan. So we have to decide what the best is for him."

---

Newcastle have announced the signing of Hatem Ben Arfa on an initial season-long loan deal from Marseille.

AC Milan have confirmed the signing of striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic from Barcelona on loan, with the option to buy him next summer.

The former Inter Milan player, who arrived at Camp Nou last summer in a big-money switch, has been heavily linked with a return to Serie A.

And a four-year deal worth ?24million (?19.7m) has now been agreed, with Swedish frontman Ibrahimovic set to join Milan on a year-long loan before signing a permanent contract at the end of the season.

The 28-year-old striker is due to undergo a medical on Monday before completing the deal.

"We have agreed a deal for a season's loan and then the right to buy for ?24m," said Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani.

"He will undergo a medical on Monday and sign a four-year contract."

Ibrahimovic was delighted to finally see the two clubs reach an agreement over his future.

"I'm really happy. Everything has been solved in a positive way," Ibrahimovic told Sky Italia. "Now I come back to the city of Milan but with another team.

"They are an important side and with a big tradition.

"The attack is fantastic. I hope to win the Champions League and everything."

Looks like we have signed Raul Meireles. Good player!

... and this bodes well

:)

:rofl:

solid pick up though! we got some good candidates to make up for the loss of mascherano

Glad we brought in Ben Arfa, we need someone like that in midfield.

Lets hope he can bring the goods!

Now lets set our sights on Robbie Keane!

Fulham boss Mark Hughes is hoping to sign Shay Given on loan before Tuesday's transfer deadline.

The Cottagers' current first-choice keeper, Mark Schwarzer, has been the subject of two bids from Arsenal and the veteran Australia international is eager to join the Gunners.

Although Hughes is willing to let the 37-year-old go, he insists Fulham must first find a replacement and Given has emerged as his prime target.

The Manchester City keeper has seen Joe Hart reclaim first-choice status after returning from last season's loan spell at Birmingham.

City boss Roberto Mancini would like Given to stay and provide competition for Hart but at 34, the Ireland international wants regular first-team football.

That could come at Craven Cottage, where former City boss Hughes succeeded Roy Hodgson this summer.

"Mark Schwarzer has made it clear that he would like to go to Arsenal so we are trying to look at other options," said the Fulham manager.