Starcraft 2 Beta

One thing that bugs me right now is that we cannot remove achievements from our showcase slots, we can only replace them. Can anyone post this at the official forums? I can't post since the forums are NA only. :pinch:

Any Protoss players around? Can we discuss tactics a bit?

I start with 9 probes, pylon, more probes probes, gateway, zealot, and so on... I basically use zealots, stalkers, immortals, observers, dark templars, colossuses . This is my usual setup. I've read that sentries are also a lot useful, and void rays too. But I really can't find any usefulness in my matches, or at least I don't have the time to. I build those too, just very rarely. Am I doing it wrong? :blush:

Any Protoss players around? Can we discuss tactics a bit?

I start with 9 probes, pylon, more probes probes, gateway, zealot, and so on... I basically use zealots, stalkers, immortals, observers, dark templars, colossuses . This is my usual setup. I've read that sentries are also a lot useful, and void rays too. But I really can't find any usefulness in my matches, or at least I don't have the time to. I build those too, just very rarely. Am I doing it wrong? :blush:

Toss4life here, haha. Here's my build order: 9-pylon, 10-gateway/zealot. Normally, I'd go for a 12-gateway but some people are just so damn fast with zergling rush or reaper harass. Of course, chrono boost your early units and probes. Aside from that, everything else is dependent on what your opponent is playing as and what he/she is doing. For example, early gas for Terran = reaper harass. Early gas for Zerg = roaches, etc.

Hey guys, quick update. My store still has keys, but ive been so busy with my other 2 jobs that I havent gotten out there yet.

I work this weekend over there so im gonna mass keys and get them for you guys. After this pretty much thats it. We are actually starting to run low on keys.. Not our store, just overall, so blizzard must of put a limit.

Either way, its glad to play with 25k people on.

But, sorry for the wiat guys, been a busy body.

Hey guys, quick update. My store still has keys, but ive been so busy with my other 2 jobs that I havent gotten out there yet.

I work this weekend over there so im gonna mass keys and get them for you guys. After this pretty much thats it. We are actually starting to run low on keys.. Not our store, just overall, so blizzard must of put a limit.

No problem, take your time. We will still be here :D. Thanks again!

thank you for you'r hard work , hope soon play with you :whistle:

If there is a key going I would very much appreciate one :) My girlfriend pre-ordered for me for my Birthday (it doesn't appear she got a beta key with the pre-order and she won't tell me where she ordered from) - and I really want to get some practice in! :p

I have never played a Starcraft game before - but the coverage this game has been getting really caught my attention. I have loved watching videos of some of the matches on Youtube etc - the sheer intensity of this game looks awesome. The SP campaign looks promising as well - I didn't think they could really pull off a decent SP with this style of game, but it actually looks like they may have done just that :)

I have never played a Starcraft game before - but the coverage this game has been getting really caught my attention. I have loved watching videos of some of the matches on Youtube etc - the sheer intensity of this game looks awesome. The SP campaign looks promising as well - I didn't think they could really pull off a decent SP with this style of game, but it actually looks like they may have done just that :)

better start working on that micro!

[edit]

also: happy birthday!!

No problem man! Thanks again for trying for us!

Ok, REALLY BAD NEWS...

Apparently we "ran out of keys" tomorrow when the announcement was made.

Whats also funny, we RAN OUT OF KEYS, @ the time of the announcement... lmao. We sold like 15 keys in the morning and all of a sudden, no keys. The manager checks the email, and it says the whole database is out of keys..

Em..... IRONIC? Yes I do think so. I think blizzard pulled them because you can still get one on Amazon.

Just had a friend pre order like 10 mins ago, got a key already...

Damn Blizzard.

So, SORRY GUYS! I had some printed out, but they found my stash :(.

Ok, REALLY BAD NEWS...

Whats also funny, we RAN OUT OF KEYS, @ the time of the announcement... lmao. We sold like 15 keys in the morning and all of a sudden, no keys. The manager checks the email, and it says the whole database is out of keys..

Em..... IRONIC? Yes I do think so. I think blizzard pulled them because you can still get one on Amazon.

Damn Blizzard.

Oh well :( at least now we know when it will be released :). Thank you for your efforts and GG! :D.

Ok.... so i finally got my Beta key... installed SC2 ...... GAME ONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Joy is....... :)

Now.... the wait for Diablo III is on!!!! :(

So did gamestop run out of beta keys? i preordered last week so i got my key.. seems pretty funny actually they are out of keys yet upsetting for those wanting one

Ok, REALLY BAD NEWS...

Damn Blizzard.

Thankyou for your generosity so far anyway :)

Any keys going?

also...

Is there a way to play PC to PC yet? or even against cracked AI....but with a timer limit for no rushing?

No Lan in the beta or full game.

And in the beta, you can only play vs an extremly easy AI which doesnt do much (the proper AI isnt implemented in the beta, as they dont want anyone testing vs the AI, they want real games).

No Lan in the beta or full game.

And in the beta, you can only play vs an extremly easy AI which doesnt do much (the proper AI isnt implemented in the beta, as they dont want anyone testing vs the AI, they want real games).

Thanks for the info bro.

As for the LAN...that sucks, BUT surely someone will mod that in within a few months? lol

also yeah the cracked AI sucks so badly.