Starcraft 2 Beta

Wouldnt mind a key, if anyone has a spare PM me :)

Do we need to start a third thread because people are filling this thread with junk key requests :/ ? If someone modifies the program to allow lan, blizzard will probably kick them from battle.net.

Thanks for the info bro.

As for the LAN...that sucks, BUT surely someone will mod that in within a few months? lol

also yeah the cracked AI sucks so badly.

That is because the cracked AI is using a messed up version from the original game however, with the new abilities and whatnot the AI simply does not have the power to do anything.

So did gamestop run out of beta keys? i preordered last week so i got my key.. seems pretty funny actually they are out of keys yet upsetting for those wanting one

yeah. We ran out the day and time blizzard announced Starcraft2 released date... How ironic.

It's still a closed beta so I'm happy on that aspect. But Jesus. No notice or anything. I feel bad but we hve 25k people so hopefully this is a good test.

Also they need to put servers up for patching. Not stupid ass torrenting ****

yeah. We ran out the day and time blizzard announced Starcraft2 released date... How ironic.

It's still a closed beta so I'm happy on that aspect. But Jesus. No notice or anything. I feel bad but we hve 25k people so hopefully this is a good test.

Also they need to put servers up for patching. Not stupid ass torrenting ****

Ugh, so they are using the WoW type of patching system? Boooooooo

also if u use the blizzard updater.. try disabling peer download... the download is usually faster just downloading from there server

also if u use the blizzard updater.. try disabling peer download... the download is usually faster just downloading from there server

The better thing to do is extract the torrent file from the downloader and then open the torrent file in your torrent client of choice.

Doing this will give you a huge speed increase because Blizzard's client is a piece of crap.

Yeah LOC they are.

Anaron thanks for the mirrors (Y). But by default they should include server or torrent. I hate it.

I did disable peers, but it got slower. With torrents I hold good 3-4 megs. I just hate the fact it takes 15 minutes to get all the peers sorted out.

The patching system isn't perfect, but they're trying to reduce the overall cost of sending so much data. The p2p options above are the best way to get this to work faster and as Sikh has noted sometimes disabling peers makes it slower.

Id team up with yeah KavazovAngel but I'm not in the EU but if anyone would want to team up for some FFA or 2v2 send me a PM. It really is difficult to find people who wont leave after match starts or people telling you how to play :p

I'll play as soon as i get a code, lol.

Sure! :D

I'm currently sitting in 19th position, gold league, but I am too "scared" to play without a proper mate, had 6 wins, but then got random-teamed up with two *****, they only defended themselves... No attacks, no help, no anything. :(

By the way, today I am awesome on solo! :rofl: ~20 wins and ~3 losses! :D

Sure! :D

I'm currently sitting in 19th position, gold league, but I am too "scared" to play without a proper mate, had 6 wins, but then got random-teamed up with two *****, they only defended themselves... No attacks, no help, no anything. :(

By the way, today I am awesome on solo! :rofl: ~20 wins and ~3 losses! :D

Could anyone link me to a direct download of the EU client? It says... 7 HOURS until it will finish downloading...screw that!

Could anyone link me to a direct download of the EU client? It says... 7 HOURS until it will finish downloading...screw that!

Try turning off per-to-per downloading, to download straight from Blizzard's servers. It improved my speed.

Try turning off per-to-per downloading, to download straight from Blizzard's servers. It improved my speed.

It actually got worse when i did that! :-(

Epic indeed. Just ~3 months left until I can get my hands on the Collector's Edition.

Epic indeed. Just ~3 months left until I can get my hands on the Collector's Edition.

Whats sad is I want 2! I want that crazy kickass flash drive. I love collecting cool flash drives plus I know I would use it and be proud when people ask me where its from what it is(for the non techy).

Also, I want 1 as a true collectors and sits there, but right now i dont have $100 to "waste". I mean this is the best CE thats come out in the past few years for PC, so its a definite buy. I would never pay $60 for just the game anyway. The Soundtrack will be awesome xD. Starcraft in the car.

Whats sad is I want 2! I want that crazy kickass flash drive. I love collecting cool flash drives plus I know I would use it and be proud when people ask me where its from what it is(for the non techy).

Also, I want 1 as a true collectors and sits there, but right now i dont have $100 to "waste". I mean this is the best CE thats come out in the past few years for PC, so its a definite buy. I would never pay $60 for just the game anyway. The Soundtrack will be awesome xD. Starcraft in the car.

Haha! I'd buy two if I had the money to spare. I'm not big on collecting things but if I could buy one to use and another keep (sealed and everything), I'd definitely do it. Who knows how much it'd be worth once StarCraft III is released. :p

Anyway, I think I'll replay the StarCraft/Brood War campaign. It's been so long since I last played it and lately, the lore behind StarCraft has peaked my interest. I'm in it for the MP action but I'm also in it for the story. I'll just throw this here: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/blizzcon-09-starcraft-ii/54293 :)