Starcraft 2 Beta

Won't be until later this year that's for sure. At least, what with Blizzard's past release schedule. Unless they announce something at E3 which I doubt like a late Summer release or early Fall which is very doubtful.

Release date will be announced at Blizzcon, so it'll be early Q4 2010. Allowing cataclysm to be released in Q1/Q2 2011.

awaiting jealously ;)

been cheking this thread from work like every half hour ti see if sikh was saying something :p

Release date will be announced at Blizzcon, so it'll be early Q4 2010. Allowing cataclysm to be released in Q1/Q2 2011.

Unlikely, Starcraft is expected to land this Summer and Cataclysm in Autumn/Winter.

Lol killmaster, you a noob? I got rolled and I'm a natural micro. Just my mentaility was set on custom games and not real game haha.

I went to winning 2 2v2 matches against gold. Haha. Tyrek is very good. He helped me realize that I need a counter against mutas. Been practicing a lot.

I'm up for it tonight.

As far as keys go, I should have some tonight after i'm done.

Unlikely, Starcraft is expected to land this Summer and Cataclysm in Autumn/Winter.

Yep. No way in hell Blizzard would release Starcraft II and Cataclysm so close together.

I might as well toss my name into the hat for a beta key request...been waiting for this damn game since it was first announced, played the original all through university (which probably attributed to my shoddy marks in the first year). Had opted in via my battlenet account but was never picked :cry: .

I had preorded it last week through Best Buy Canada because they claimed I would be given a beta key within 1 day. That turned out to be a huge load of b.s. Still waiting.

If anyone plans on preordering through Best Buy, don't count on getting a key... :angry:

Lol killmaster, you a noob? I got rolled and I'm a natural micro. Just my mentaility was set on custom games and not real game haha.

Tyjek is the one who got Aithco to platinum, and playing any game against him is a face roll.

Since I haven't played yet and haven't really been keeping up with the game all that much compared to Diablo III, please tell me SC2 offers more than 1v1 multiplayer matches? lol I just don't want to get utterly raped when I play.

Started as a Protoss with a 3:0 win/lose ratio, and now I am 3:8 or 3:9. Playing on wireless net and getting constant lag spikes and disconnects is not funny!

I think I am quite good against Terrans, but need to work a lot more on my tactics against the Protoss and the Zerg.

I went to winning 2 2v2 matches against gold. Haha. Tyrek is very good. He helped me realize that I need a counter against mutas. Been practicing a lot.

I'm up for it tonight.

As far as keys go, I should have some tonight after i'm done.

Sounds like the beta is really fun. Thanks again for helping people get into the beta.

Looks like EB doesn't live up to their promises either, I might have to do as above and try somewhere else.

Since I haven't played yet and haven't really been keeping up with the game all that much compared to Diablo III, please tell me SC2 offers more than 1v1 multiplayer matches? lol I just don't want to get utterly raped when I play.

Of course. You can do 1v1 games as well as 2v2 and 4-player FFA. You can't do 3v3, 4v4, etc.

So does anyone in the beta play 1v1/2v2 league games? I started out in the Platinum league for 2v2 but got rolled after a nice winning streak. Now I'm in the Gold league at position 20-something. One thing I've noticed is that Platinum players are much better than Gold players.

Of course. You can do 1v1 games as well as 2v2 and 4-player FFA. You can't do 3v3, 4v4, etc.

So does anyone in the beta play 1v1/2v2 league games? I started out in the Platinum league for 2v2 but got rolled after a nice winning streak. Now I'm in the Gold league at position 20-something. One thing I've noticed is that Platinum players are much better than Gold players.

I play 1v1 but get steamed rolled all the time in the bronze league...rofl.gif

Does anyone know when they're going to provide another AI difficulty option besides very easy :p ?

wouldnt count on seeing it till retail release.

Does anyone know when they're going to provide another AI difficulty option besides very easy :p ?

You can download some stuff to get different AI difficulties to practice with.

You can download some stuff to get different AI difficulties to practice with.

those only work through the launchers and if you run modded ai , you can no longer play online you will crash out of the game. ive already tried it.

those only work through the launchers and if you run modded ai , you can no longer play online you will crash out of the game. ive already tried it.

Well, isn't the point of playing the AI in the first place to practice with?

So, you run the launcher with modded AI to practice, and put it back to play with real people...

the launchers dont work with the new patches so i hear. blizzard fixed the whole they used. they get no units , no cursors nothing just the fog of war then it crashes. you can get around it by removing patch 9-10 but its up to that person if they want to patch the ai and use the launchers , and play that way.

I play 1v1 but get steamed rolled all the time in the bronze league...rofl.gif

I started in Silver, but I too am now in the awesome Bronze league. Though, I am back on the winning streak! : :laugh:

Blizzard wont release there 2 major games so close together. In WoW, the lich king is dead but there will be one more raid implemented (just like Sunwell in BC) and then they will begin setting the scene for Cataclysm release in Q1 2011 with a friends and family alpha after SC2 release followed by a invite beta for it. At blizzcon we can expect to get the SC2 release date, information on the new raid in WoW and more Cataclysm details, and of course alot more Diablo2 information, possible 1-2 more classes with gameplay footage.

If those were the two release dates that you stated, then the Friends and Family alpha/beta test would be overlapping the SC2 release, which would steal some of the hype they're going to be making for SC2.

erm, in SC2 you get a massive Terran single player campaign (which can be played in offline mode, so you do not need a internet connection), there is also 'multiplayer tutorials' which aim to give new players the knowledge on how to micro there units properly and basic macro techniques (there isnt much information on this at the moment expect for that they're putting it in the game), There is also a custom game mode, which allows you to play against a computer instead of another player with a difficulty setting (and apparently Blizzard is extremly happy with there computer AI and have stated that the impossible mode AI is absolutly awesome and not many people will be able to beat it (note: the AI does not cheat or use map hacks apparently, it scouts you and alters its build on that)), There is also a 1v1 and 2v2 multiplayer ladder and it places you in your own league in your own class, You play 5 placement games and then it determines what league/class you should start in (Judging by the beta, there will be alot of players who are completle noobs to the game, alot of people have been complaining about the match making techniques in the beta but they are forgetting that in the beta blizzard has changed it to simply finding you the quickest game rather than the most balanced).

After you've finished the single player campaign and the multiplayer tutorials, you should be good enough to play in the bronze league and not get owned all the time (or should i say, play as Terran, as you'll have more deeper insight into there builds and techtree considering the singleplayer is terran only).

(in beta, you can only play 1v1, 2v2, Free for all and custom games against a stupidly easy AI, so if you intend to play the beta.. i'd suggest setting up afew custom games against the AI first).