Starcraft 2 Beta

Finally got promoted to 2v2 Platinum League. Instantly went to rank 9 after being rank 1 in 2v2 Gold League for so long. :D

Promoted after we lost lol! Hopefully, we can handle the heat of platinum players though. Those guys are pros.

Promoted after we lost lol! Hopefully, we can handle the heat of platinum players though. Those guys are pros.

We'll handle them alright. What I need to do is work on my 1v1. I'm not as good as I thought (as indicated by your friend's 3-0 record on me). I'll beat him in the 4th match though.

Lost all 5 noob games. God I suck. Maybe I'll unpreorder this. :(

You mean, the novice games? Those games are slow - literally. If you're having trouble with that then StarCraft II might not be your game. Of course, you can always practice. (Y)

You have to play 5 "noob" games before you can head into the regular stuff online? Well, guess I'm screwed then, since I suck at RTS games I'll lose a couple and never play it again :D

We'll handle them alright. What I need to do is work on my 1v1. I'm not as good as I thought (as indicated by your friend's 3-0 record on me). I'll beat him in the 4th match though.

You mean, the novice games? Those games are slow - literally. If you're having trouble with that then StarCraft II might not be your game. Of course, you can always practice. (Y)

I suck. I haven't played an RTS in a decade. And with no tutorials/guides/etc, um yeah... AI is too easy.

I admit, it's tough even for me - a seasoned RTS gamer. I played the original back in '98/'99 alongside other classic RTS games like Command & Conquer: Red Alert/Red Alert 2. I continue to play RTS games today. Games like Dawn of War 2, World in Conflict, etc. The only way I became "good" was through practice. Back in my StarCraft/Brood War days, I'd get decimated online. The only games I really won were the easy maps with near-infinte resources (against the AI). It wasn't until I got back into the game sometime later and actually paid attention to the mistakes I made. From there, it was smooth sailing. I became better and better.

Oh man. I wish I had pre-ordered and received a beta key now :p. I've been watching HD and Husky for a while now, hopefully it will help since I have a general grasp of the game now.

I miss DT rushing noobs in SC:BW now :cry:

haha i lost all but 1 of my 5 initial "see where u rank" games but its okay. i won 2 in a row now :p watching those some of those vids scare me. those guys are too good.

I've finally managed to get it installed! Initially my beta key came from Sikh and for reasons I don't know why, my copy was in Korean. To cut a long story short, after three weeks of emails between Blizzard EU support and numerous patches being downloaded through my slow 1MB connection, I finally have the game installed in English :p . Initial impressions are good though I have to relearn all the key shortcuts. I'm upgrading my internet connection from 1MB to 10MB next week so hopefully I be able to join with you guys. Until then, back to playing by myself :p .

Scirwode

I've finally managed to get it installed! Initially my beta key came from Sikh and for reasons I don't know why, my copy was in Korean. To cut a long story short, after three weeks of emails between Blizzard EU support and numerous patches being downloaded through my slow 1MB connection, I finally have the game installed in English :p . Initial impressions are good though I have to relearn all the key shortcuts. I'm upgrading my internet connection from 1MB to 10MB next week so hopefully I be able to join with you guys. Until then, back to playing by myself :p .

Scirwode

YES A GOOD UPGRADE lol. Btw, its UK ENGLISH, gurr. Everytime you say english you confuse me and probably all of us because we are thinkng "but he already said a few pages back he gave you his English installer".

What you mean is English(EU)! Noob lol.

Yeah shortkeys need to be relearned/they changed osme too, so be happy you got on after some major hotkey changes like drone and scv, threw me off lol.

Btw, Hope to see your ass on soon!

I continue to play RTS games today. Games like Dawn of War 2, World in Conflict, etc.

If Starcraft played liked those two I could win >_> I heart me some WiC and DoW2

I popped more than 350 Current APM few hours ago. It lasted around 20-30 seconds. It was crazy! But I still lost the game. :pinch:

By the way, Cannon rush for the win! I won around a dozen games today using that tactic. :rofl:

Got 2 beta keys!!!!

The first invitation came like a month ago, and the second (to invite a friend) came a week ago...

Great game, awesome quality... Totally blizzard.

Got 2 beta keys!!!!

The first invitation came like a month ago, and the second (to invite a friend) came a week ago...

Great game, awesome quality... Totally blizzard.

They're not worth giving out since the beta is closing down on the 31st...

The beta ends on the 31st. :cry:

http://www.vg247.com/2010/05/17/starcraft-ii-beta-to-end-on-may-31/

It'll be back for a couple of weeks before the game's release on July 27. :)

Still, it can be fun.

I got a friend-referral key yesterday and played my first two matches earlier today (I'm used to SC/BW and never played on original BNet) and actually managed to win a match (second one; first one was a definite learning experience...as in learning what *sand* tastes like).

I'm also coming off a graphics-card upgrade (swapped in HD5450 for HD3450; planned upgrade, not hardware failure). Now I can actually play at Ultra....and learned why (with AMD hardware) Ultra is a Bad Idea - no AA! (The problem with AMD hardware and no AA, in my case, is not "jaggies", but oversharpness/too much detail. Yes; there actually is such a thing.) Therefore, I've actually backed down to High.

Horsepuckey.

If you want *any* idea as to what SC2 is like, you still have two weeks before the wipe on the 31st. Also, the beta will briefly resume in mid-June for one last bug-stomp before it ships (after another wipe).

I came in yesterday, and I'm actually having fun playing on B2 (and played on original BNet a grand total of *never*; due to lack of desire to play anything other than campaign, skirmish, and LAN with original SC and BW).

And I normally consider online multiplayer (including most MMOs) down there with trips to the dentist and surgery - necessary evil.

Its only closing for 2-3 weeks, while they upgrade there software/hardware. Then its reopening for the remaining weeks for stress tests.

Bah, I'm constantly getting my ass handed to me :(

Hey...I'm 1-2 in my three matches, and both of my losses were ugly and painful. (I'm still finding sand in my nose every time I sneeze.) I'm still having fun learning, though.