Official WWDC thread

Dual processors are offered, with up to 8GB of memory (yes, you read that correctly). Jobs says you could transfer the entire content of a DVD in a second off RAM.

Crucial.com here I come :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.apple.com/powermac/

Keep refreshing people!

# Single/Dual processors. Up to 8GB Memory. Can talk to mem @ 6.4GB/s.

# System - G5 System Controller - dedicated bandwidth to each subsystem. IBM is fabricating it. 6x faster than G4, 8GB bandwidth, 1processor doesn't slow down the other one. 400mhz DDR memory, AGP 8x Pro, 133mhz PCI-X slots. Hypertransport. Serial ATA. 1.5GB/s bandwidth. independent interfaces to each drive. Rest of the i/o - high performance. optical digital i/o and analog i/o, fw800 ,usb 2.0

"We need a much more advanced enclosure," Steve notes. And now, the unveiling. It rises out of the floor. Think of the current G4 tower, but more squared. An all-aluminum enclosure. A weird sort of mesh on the front, with no logos or anything, but a few ports.

OMFG GET THE PHOTOS IN!!!

The product: Dual & single processors, up to 8 GB memory. Fast enough to transfer an entire DVD to memory in 1 second. 4x SuperDrive. GeForce FX5200 Ultra chip in low end models, Radeon 9600 Pro in high-end model. New case design - all aluminum enclosure.

Enclosures! 9 fans!.

OUCH!!!!!

a single white Apple logo on the side, mesh on the front and back, smaller handles, four separate thermal zones, [14:27 ET]

Uh-oh: Nine fans in this thing. But they're all independently controlled, and in fact, it's a lot quieter. At normal use, it's 35 dBA, which is twice as quiet as the current G4 tower. Handles are still there, but they don't stick out quite as much. They're also the same aluminum as the rest of the enclosure.

Thank **** for that. ****ing amazing

The mesh on the front acts as an intake, some advanced **** going down here ;)