Official WWDC thread

Now a video featuring an actual panther that some guy behind me here at the Apple Store describes as "corny as hell." Steve is now commenting on how "our competition" is saying they won't have Longhorn ready until 2006. Accompanied by an amusing video of a lazy-looking cow chewing his cud in a field with some rather pathetic, sad-sounding music. This is, for those who don't know, a reference to "Longhorn," the code name for the next major release of Windows, now expected to be released in 2005 or 2006.

iChat AV has a companion product ? a camera called iSight.

iSight:

The eyes and ears of iChat AV. FMV at up to 30 FPS, 640x480 with 24-bit color, auto-exposure and auto-focus, dual-element microphone, and one FireWire cable brings video and audio.

ok how about you guys just give us the link to where you're getting this info instead of posting new info every minute or less? lol

Where's the fun in that? :p

Besides, I've got 5 live feeds and 3 chat rooms going, I can't be assed to post all that :p

iSight features: full-motion video up to 30 fps, 640x480 resolution, auto focus, built-in element microphone, and a single FireWire port. iSight features three stands and mounts on top of portables, displays, iMacs, and eMacs

i'm waiting on the apple store page for them to reopen to see if they've announced anything, but at this rate i can just keep refreshing this thread hehe

Xcode: a completely new set of developer tools, there ya go Timdorr, just for you! :p

ow the next big topic: Xcode. It's a completely new set of developer tools for Mac OS X. A single word was followed as their "bible": Speed. GCC 3.3, the latest and greatest. Using 101,391-line segment of Finder code as a demonstration. On a Dual 1 GHz G4, the build took 377 seconds in Xcode. In Code Warrior, it took 223. Code Warrior's faster, but the gap is narrowing.

Dual 1GHz G4, oh dear :s

Holy crap, iSight at $149, it aint cheap! Add in $24 for iChat AV for Jaguar users and that's a pretty sum!

yea but if its a decent quality webcam (and it sounds like it is) thats a pretty good deal. sure you can get <=$50 webcams but they seriously suck for image quality

wish i where there :(

# The number one thing is speed. Xcode features a new GCC 3.3 compiler and Distributed Builds. [14:03 ET]

# Xcode: a completely new set of developer tools. [14:02 ET]

yea but if its a decent quality webcam (and it sounds like it is) thats a pretty good deal.  sure you can get <=$50 webcams but they seriously suck for image quality

I guess, as long as they don't try and charge the UK ?150 I won't mind.

Edit, regards Xcode:

But here's a killer feature: Xcode uses distributed builds to use idle resources on your network, automatically. By adding one additional host, the aforementioned sample build time dropped to 208 seconds. By adding another three hosts, it went down to 96 seconds. "If you've got a team of developers, you should run out and buy one of these," Steve says, pointing to a slide of a rack filled with Xserves. Laughter and applause.

That's pretty cool!

Comparison. Jaguar: 29-some seconds to compile. in Panther 3 seconds.

Predictive compile. Compiles while you are editing! removes half the compiling time.

Zero link. Linking out of the equation.