HBO's Game of Thrones

On 22/07/2017 at 9:37 PM, The Evil Overlord said:

There's one useless and pointless scene I felt needed cutting, purely because it just felt like a scene made specifically for a cameo.

Just sterile, and had little value to the story, I felt.

agreed, oh and there just HAD to be a song in it for him. ugh i cringed.

i dont mind him, but wtf man, it cheapened the series imo.

I wouldnt have minded if he was just a foot-soldier or something, but a song noooo, surprised he didnt whip out a lute and start a concert, MY North fans are the best! how y`all doing out there! This one goes out to my brothers! 

Ive forgiven them though due to 

Spoiler

this weeks ep omfg the dragon! :D awesome CGI

• Like 2

Was anyone else going ....

Spoiler

Nope .. nope ... nope ... NOPE!

When Jon Snow placed his hand on Drogon?

Another excellent episode!

42 minutes ago, John. said:

I was! I was also yelling at Sam to shut up and listen!

Spoiler

Sam doesn't know R+L=J. He might know who Rhaegar Targaryen was. No, he probably does. But he doesn't care that Rhaegar had his marriage annulled. He probably thought, "who bloody cares about the Mad King's eldest son?". That line was strictly for the fans.

In the books, Lyanna Stark swore her brother Ned to secrecy. We (book readers who support the R+L=J theory that HBO legitimized last year) assumed Jon's parentage was the secret, but her being married to Rhaegar was just as dangerous a secret. Maybe Ned died protecting both. So now we, the fans, know that Jon Snow is a legitimate Targaryen. Daenerys is his full aunt. Jon + Daenerys is a perfect match. It's the song of ice and fire. Targaryens were into incest, and, well, there you go. I was actually hoping Dracarys burned him alive on a whim, and we learned he too is immune to fire, only I don't think he is. But imagine if he were and Daenerys witnessed it firsthand. She'd be asking all the right questions, and she'd probably have a good idea as to how to get them answered, and/or Jorah Mormont would. But here's the thing. Happy endings aren't a thing in Westeros. I do not expect a happy ending for this show, or for any of the good guys. But I secretly want Daenerys and Jon to wed, his parentage to be revealed, Sansa to be Lady of the North, the Lannisters save Tyrion all killed and IDGAF about anyone else. They can all take the Black for all I care. Including Gendry. None of the Baratheons were any good except maybe Shireen, and you saw what happened to her. Good Baratheons got it worse than good Lannisters (namely Myrcella and Tommen). Sigh.

Anyone else lose a little faith in Daenerys after she pulled an Aerys Targaryen (Mad King) early on in the episode? Also, I thought she was born in Westeros, but that was called into question. She was born at Dragonstone during the storm, right? In the books, she remembered King's Landing and the Red Keep. Book 1 is pretty clear on that. But Daenerys could have stayed on her side of the Narrow Sea. She was doing quite well for herself. The Dothraki had never sailed before. They're land warriors. She could have stayed where she was and left the Lannisters alone and not really been 'out' anything. So my support for her is waning. I'm actually starting to like Cersei as queen. She's wicked as hell, but she's turning into Tywin, and Tywin was a bastard too, but Tywin was arguably the smartest player in the game, except he underestimated Tyrion. Cersei won't make that mistake. If you read the books, there's a bit more to her. I don't like her as a person, but I like her character. I'm not gonna lie, I'm rooting for her, to an extent.

I'm also hoping Arya gets to cut her throat. As for Arya — she's gone full darkside. Is there a happy ending for her? Will she settle down with a guy (or a girl — she was interested in a boy in the first book/season, but no one since) and start a family, or will she die crossing names off her list? Or will she live and just always be angry and moody? I don't think she ever really had a chance. Taking the Black isn't even an option because she's female. Nah, I'm expecting her to eat it and the show to make me swear off it for six days.

Predictions... I'm not the first to say it, but I didn't see anyone say it before I thought it, I think Cersei will die at the end of this season. We only have 2 episodes left, and with Arya tied up in Littlefinger's intrigue it's less likely now, but a few episodes back, I was saying the season would end how it began, with Arya cutting throats, namely Cersei's. I'm a little less sure now. The story isn't leaning that way now. Arya's conflict now is with Sansa, and the Stark bannermen. I bet she runs her mouth and gets in a fight, and wins, with repercussions that harm Jon and/or Sansa. As before, Arya really has no place. Speaking of Jon, if we can only get Bran and Jon and Sam in a room together, Jon can stake a claim to the Iron Throne and propose alliance/marriage to Daenerys, though they're both just a little too proud. Besides, no one but Bran and Sam and possibly Daenerys will accept Jon Snow as Rhaegar Targaryen's legitimate son. No one cares about Rhaegar Targaryen anymore but some of the book fans. Then again, the show is bringing Gendry back, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who forgot about him. For anyone to try to claim he's Robert Baratheon's bastard... who cares at this point? He's not going to dethrone Cersei. That would be stupid as hell. He's best as Jon's smith.

1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

So Jon can receive ravens, but he can't send one back saying "i'm doing such and such".

He's too busy teleporting across Westeros 

16 minutes ago, anthdci said:

and what an episode it is.

Man shhhh I got 5 hours before I can watch it!

Just now, John. said:

Man shhhh I got 5 hours before I can watch it!

:laugh: ill not give any spoilers, but man those 5 hours are going to drag. Only trouble is now the nearly 2 week wait for the last episode.

Question:

If Jon Snow has returned from the dead, does that mean he's immune to the white walkers?

7 minutes ago, PsYcHoKiLLa said:

Question:

If Jon Snow has returned from the dead, does that mean he's immune to the white walkers?

we don't know that either way. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing ends with the night king killing jon then bringing jon back only for jon to kill him anyway.

38 minutes ago, anthdci said:

:laugh: ill not give any spoilers, but man those 5 hours are going to drag. Only trouble is now the nearly 2 week wait for the last episode.

Last episode? That was real?? 

18 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Last episode? That was real?? 

season 7 episode 6 is available. that only leaves episode 7 left of this season. Then we have to wait for the 6 episodes of season 8, next year.

22 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

So Jon can receive ravens, but he can't send one back saying "i'm doing such and such".

yer, theres no raven return signal up north obviously...tsk tsk! :p 

Its grim up north (obscure KLF reference :P)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anthdci said:

season 7 episode 6 is available. that only leaves episode 7 left of this season. Then we have to wait for the 6 episodes of season 8, next year.

Aw man, you have no idea how much this irritates me, I've collected the whole thing on blue ray, the mis matching box sizes annoyed me already, but now they're not even bothering to make 10 episodes per season anymore? SMH

1 hour ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Aw man, you have no idea how much this irritates me, I've collected the whole thing on blue ray, the mis matching box sizes annoyed me already, but now they're not even bothering to make 10 episodes per season anymore? SMH

tbh due to the lower episode count, it feels a bit more rushed this season, not a bad thing ofc :) 

2 minutes ago, Mando said:

tbh due to the lower episode count, it feels a bit more rushed this season, not a bad thing ofc :) 

Personally, I think it is, they've managed to get the previous 6 seasons out on time....

• Like 2

Just now, The Evil Overlord said:

Personally, I think it is, they've managed to get the previous 6 seasons out on time....

the wait for S8 is gonna be painful.

Ive avoided the leaked episodes tbh. I like watching them at the best quality and on Sky :)

2 minutes ago, Mando said:

the wait for S8 is gonna be painful.

Ive avoided the leaked episodes tbh. I like watching them at the best quality and on Sky :)

Depends on the size of the .mkv :shiftyninja:

Also missed your post on the deleted thread....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Depends on the size of the .mkv :shiftyninja:

Also missed your post on the deleted thread....

nah GoT is one series i refuse to steal :) infact i dont do it with any movie or Tv show these days :)

huh what deleted thread?

Last season dragged for me, I'm glad they got rid of 3 episodes of filler and gave us more dragon action this season. :D

8 minutes ago, Mando said:

nah GoT is one series i refuse to steal :) infact i dont do it with any movie or Tv show these days :)

huh what deleted thread?

I would like to legally watch GoT. But I'm living in Canada the place Bell asks you to buy an expensive cable package you don't really need to watch GoT.