Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Why wasn't it very good? I liked it better than bf2 :p

I got motion sickness due to the terri-low FoV. :(

That and it was a bit too silly even for me!

Anyway interview time!

To summarize:

- They waited on showing the single player this time because they wanted to prove to people that this is a true Battlefield game.

- PC players will get a true PC Battlefield title. It's not a quick port of the console versions.

- Full team working only on the PC version.

- Support for DX11 because 'if you spend money on your PC you should get something back'.

- PC version will have more players than the console version in multiplayer along with rendering features that the console versions couldn't handle.

- PC version will support 3D through nVidia tech.

Highlighted the important bits! ;)

Why wasn't it very good? I liked it better than bf2 :p

It was fun but was very cumbersome, horrible hit-detection and had its fair share of problems - It needed a polish big-time which it seems to have received with BC2.

As Spookie said, I think people are excited about the PC version. A Frostbite-powered DX11 Battlefield game. I'm sure all the BF2 junkies would be eager to try it.

I doubt it - BC is nothing like BF2

And personally I hate DICE for ****ing up the BF series with BC

I miss the original but I like BC for what it is :/

The first wasn't very good, regardless if it was a console exclusive.

Oh have 7 mins of SP footage on me! Grab it before it gets pulled.

Damn that looked really good.

I was going to ask if it was the console or PC version but I saw the prompt for the buttons on the 360 controller so I really hope it is the 360 version and not someone using a 360 controller on the PC. :laugh:

It's not suppose to be. BF3 is still in the works for the end of the year apparently no details on it though.

Yeah but BF3 would no doubt have been out by now if they didnt have to focus on the BC series :D

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/10/09/breaking-battlefield-3-leaked-info/

80players and aimed for late 2008 release

yeah sounds to me like they paused it since its 2010 now

I was going to ask if it was the console or PC version but I saw the prompt for the buttons on the 360 controller so I really hope it is the 360 version and not someone using a 360 controller on the PC. :laugh:

PC footage is still under NDA apparently. :(

Damn that looked really good.

It looked good alright. I figured it was the X360 version. I didn't watch enough of it to see any buttons but I noticed the jaggies and poor texture filtering. One of the reasons I want to get it on the PC is better image quality (AA & AF cranked all the way up). Plus, it has DX11 support for even better image quality.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! [x99999]

Just to keep you guys in the loop, me and Sethos have said to each other we would hold out a few days to see what happens with the Squad 4 pack. That was before we saw this. So now I am definitely willing to hold out for a few more days just to find out for sure. Definitely worth it money wise. (Y)

i pre ordered the limited edition too..hopefully its sick.

im tired of mw2 and no dedicated servers for pc

servers in bc2 aren't going to be true dedicated servers meaning no custom maps/user content

havent really seen much info on pc system requirements besides whats on steam

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
    • Memory: 2GB
    • Graphics: 256 MB Video Card (GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900)
    • DirectX?: DirectX 9, 10, and 11 support
    • Hard Drive: 15 GB

• Recommended:
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad or higher
    • Memory: 2GB
    • Graphics: 512 MB Video Card (GeForce GTX 260/ ATI Radeon 4870)
    • Controller Support: Support for Logitech G15 and G19 keyboard LCDs in multiplayer

this looks good on paper and all but i wonder what kind of real world numbers the frostbite engine is getting? anyone care to chime in

Just to keep you guys in the loop, me and Sethos have said to each other we would hold out a few days to see what happens with the Squad 4 pack. That was before we saw this. So now I am definitely willing to hold out for a few more days just to find out for sure. Definitely worth it money wise.

I hope it's out before the day of the beta :(

I'd hate to pre-order the single license only to find that the 4-pack is out on the next few days after

I'd hate to pre-order the single license only to find that the 4-pack is out on the next few days after

We are hoping that too, but at least myself and Sethos are willing to wait a bit after the Beta just to make super sure, as honestly it would not surprise me at all if for whatever reason they announce the 4 pack after the Beta.

Do not get me wrong, I am definitely with you though for sure, so here is to hoping they are smart/cool about it all and announce the damn 4 pack soon either way. (Y)

Just to keep you guys in the loop, me and Sethos have said to each other we would hold out a few days to see what happens with the Squad 4 pack. That was before we saw this. So now I am definitely willing to hold out for a few more days just to find out for sure. Definitely worth it money wise. (Y)

I'm willing to hold out for a few more days too. :)

Are these 4 packs really much cheaper then if 4 people bought the single?

Are these 4 packs really much cheaper then if 4 people bought the single?

Well, I guess it'll be around $33 instead of $49, which may not be that much difference if you really think about it

So if the beta already starts, we can still pre-order and then join the beta right away?