pasty2k2

How he made a 1:34 video out of a question mark...

Still, interesting, they sure know how to hype it.

Chasethebase

How he made a 1:34 video out of a question mark...

Still, interesting, they sure know how to hype it.

Yeah that's what I wonder sometimes :p

Crompee

I really loved the Pok?mon games when I was younger and I know I would still love them, but I'd find it really hard to play them nowadays because I'm out of the loop as to the names of Pok?mon and just everything about Pok?mon nowadays. I remember the first 150 and some from the Gold and Silver games, so I guess I'd feel lost if I picked up one of the newer games :/

I'm the same but i think its also being older now. I dont grow as attached to the pokemon and i dont enjoy grinding there levels up/grinding patches of grass for new pokemon. Back when the first games were released, i loved doing that to 'explore' and find new pokemon.

gazebee_

I'm stoked for this, the screens look amazing!

SidVicious

Only played Pok?mon Yellow....but Black & White looks interesting.

Minifig

HeartGold, using a Rom, using a hack, that shows that it EXISTS in the current game..

It just hasn't been completed.

Not my video.. :huh:.
Tech Star

snip

That looked pretty good. Only problem I saw is how the trees that can be cut was hidden by the other trees.

Chasethebase

Wow, the 3D is real 3D... Now can we move diagonally now?

SkyDX

I would play HG and SS with the alternate camera, just the occasional black distance areas kill it for me :unsure:

The Teej

It has nothing to do with "a 3D version wasn't completed", I bet they've just moved the camera around away from the isometric view - the reason for the black distance areas is because that isn't usually seen because you're in isometric view. I'm curious to see if they could alter the far clipping plane to get rid of those black distance areas, though.

c3ntury

If we're talking 3D like Glasses and all that, .. forget it.

They would be using technology which offers 3D technology on a small screen (so its not suitable for 48" TV for example) without any glasses etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Brian

I'm personally holding out for Pokemon Shade/Colour/Tone-less.

Explore
rofl.gif
murkurie

:rofl:

Sigurd

Serebii have posted a scan from CoroCoro with picture of the 3 starters

9suufm.jpg

• Like 2
Explore

I cannot say my thoughts. I want to see the evolutions first.

Kondrath

I almost prefer the Bidoofs to the real ones, lol. Hopefully they look cooler when they evolve...

Explore

Looks good smile.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By indospot
      The original Fire Emblem game is getting localized after 30 years
      by João Carrasqueira

Today, Nintendo announced that the original release of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light is making its way outside of Japan for the first time since its original release 30 years ago on the Famicom. The game is coming to the Nintendo Switch eShop on December 4.

The game was announced through a tweet that plays with the fact that Marth, a main character in the original Fire Emblem game, was featured in the 2001 release of Super Smash Bros. Melee, despite the franchise being exclusive to Japan at the time.

Fire Emblem debuted in the West with the release of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade (originally known simply as Fire Emblem worldwide) on the GameBoy Advance in 2003, but the previous titles were never officially brought over to other markets. However, the original Fire Emblem was remade as a DS title, and that saw a worldwide release, so this isn't exactly the first time you can experience the same overall story.

The Nintendo Switch release will be mostly like the original game, but some changes have been made to make the title more accessible for modern audiences. There's a new ability to rewind turns in battle, fast-forward for movements on the battlefield, and save states so you can pick the game up where you left off.

To celebrate the history of the franchise, Nintendo is also releasing a Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary Edition, which includes a game box replica, an art piece based on the original cartridge for the game, an art book, and a "mini Nintendo Power retro collectible". The game itself will be included as a download code - presumably it was hard to justify producing a physical game card considering the game is 30MB in size.

• By News Staff
      Some Nintendo Switch games are up to 33% off for Prime Day
      by João Carrasqueira

As part of the many sales going on as part of Amazon's Prime Day, some Nintendo Switch games are being discounted by up to 33%. Usually, video games tend to get discounted significantly over time, but Nintendo likes to keep its games at their launch price for long, so some of these sales are interesting.

Among the discounted games, there's The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which is one of the crown jewels of the Nintendo Switch's library of games. Fire Emblem: Three Houses has also received a lot of praise and it's equally discounted today. While some of the deals going on today do require a Prime membership, some discounts are available for everyone. Here's the list of deals:

Game Regular price Discounted price Requires Prime? The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild $59.99 $39.99 Yes ($44.99 without Prime) Super Mario Party $59.99 $39.99 No New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe $59.99 $39.99 No Splatoon 2 $59.99 $39.99 No Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! $59.99 $39.99 Yes ($44.49 without Prime) Pokémon Let's Go, Eevee! $59.99 $39.99 Yes ($49.94 without Prime) Yoshi's Crafted World $59.99 $39.99 No Mario Tennis Aces $59.99 $39.99 No Fire Emblem: Three Houses $59.99 $39.99 Yes ($49.94 without Prime) If you're not just looking for games, there's also a pretty significant discount on a bundle of a Nintendo Switch Online family membership and a Switch-branded SanDisk 128GB microSD card for $39.99, down from $69.98. The Switch-branded microSD cards are usually much more expensive than regular ones, but with this bundle, you're basically getting the card for $5, since the Switch Online membership costs $34.99 on its own. You can find the bundle here.

As an Amazon Associate, Neowin may earn commission from qualifying purchases.

• By indospot
      Steve from Minecraft is joining Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
      by João Carrasqueira

Today, Nintendo held a new YouTube presentation to show off the next fighter to join the roster of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as part of the Fighters Pack Vol. 2 expansion. As it turns out, Nintendo and Microsoft are once again cozying up to each other, as the new character to be added to the brawler is Steve, from the blockbuster game Minecraft.

In fact, Steve isn't the only Minecraft character joining the fight. Alex, Zombie, and Enderman are all going to be added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, though the technicalities of how these characters will be implemented weren't detailed. It's likely that each character will be treated as an alternate costume for the same character slot, as we've never seen multiple characters being counted as a single addition to the roster.

Playing as the new characters, you'll see familar elements from Minecraft, such as the placement of blocks, which allow players to gain height or trap enemies in structures. It's also possible to craft explosives, swords, and other offensive items. Additionally, there also appear to be multiple stages, or variations of a stage, being added, building on the idea of different biomes and the ability to craft pathways.

The brief video didn't go into details of the character or stages, though the game's director explained that implementing Minecraft characters was a challenge due to the nature of the game, as existing stages had to be reworked to allow the placement of blocks. A new presentation will be held on October 3, just ahead of Minecraft Live, to show off the news in greater detail. We should also hear about a release date by then. This is the second Microsoft-owned character after Banjo and Kazooie were added last year.

• By indospot
      The Crown Tundra expansion for Pokémon Sword and Shield arrives on October 22
      by João Carrasqueira

The Pokémon Company today revealed additional details about the second part of the expansion pass for Pokémon Sword and Shield, called The Crown Tundra. The Expansion Pass was revealed at the start of the year, with the first part, the Isle of Armor expansion, being released in the summer. The Crown Tundra expansion will arrive on October 22, roughly three and a half weeks from today.

In a YouTube presentation, CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara showed off a new trailer for The Crown Tundra, giving fans a better look at some of the content in this snow-covered area. The presentation confirmed that all legendary Pokémon from previous games will be returning in the expansion, specifically through a new feature called Dynamax Adventures. In this mode, players can team up locally or online to explore dens, where they need to make their way through a series of Dynamax battles and potentially find one of these legendary Pokémon at the end.

The trailer also revealed a new feature in the expansion, the Galarian Star Tournament. After adventuring in The Crown Tundra, players will be able to participate in a tournament, teaming up with various characters found in the original Sword and Shield games, as well as in the Isle of Armor expansion. Other characters will team up as well, with different combinations depending on who the player teams up with. It's unclear what rewards will potentially come from this, however.

To celebrate the release of the second part of the Expansion Pass, players can obtain special Pikachu wearing different hats worn by Ash in the Pokémon anime series. These Pikachu will be distributed through Mystery Gift passwords over time, and the first one is available today, featuring the hat from the original series. More codes will be posted on this page, and you can claim them using the Mystery Gift option in Pokémon Sword and Shield, even if you didn't buy the Expansion Pass.

The presentation also revealed news about Pokémon HOME, the cloud storage service that allows players to store up to 6,000 Pokémon, trade, and see additional information about Pokémon, moves, and abilities. Later this year, the service will add support for the mobile title Pokémon GO, allowing players to transfer creatures from that game into Pokémon Sword and Shield.

As a reward for transferring Pokémon from GO into HOME, players will be able to activate the Mystery Box in Pokémon GO, which allows them to capture the creature Meltan. At the same time, a Mystery Gift will show up in Pokémon HOME, containing a special Melmetal (Meltan's evolved form) that is capable of Gigantamaxing, which is the first time this creature can be legitimately obtained in the games.

As mentioned above, the second part of the Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass, The Crown Tundra, will be available on October 22. If you have yet to buy the base games, however, a new edition including the Expansion Pass will be available in retail stores on November 6. You can read our review of the game if you're on the fence about buying it.

• By Brandon H
      Neowin's Community Minecraft Server
      Server hosting is provided by BisectHosting

Discussion of connecting with pirated copied (including requests for offline mode for this reason) will result in you receiving a warning. The usual forum rules for piracy apply here.

Server Address:
      mc.neowin.net (204.44.126.159)
      Currently Running Vanilla 1.16.3

Server Rules
      Be nice, polite, and respectful No Griefing, this is your only warning Do not build on others door steps without permissions, explore and find your own land Do not be annoying Do not build at spawn without permission of an admin Do not modify any other players builds without permission Have fun, if you don't have fun you will get slapped Label all builds in creative  

If you wish to join our server please post here with your Minecraft username; you must be an active member of the Neowin community.

Our server is powered by donations. Payments are made quarterly. Please help donate to the server to keep it running.