Chasethebase

Ahaha really, check out the actual details of the game, so far it looks brilliant, much better than Gen IV.

And looking at it, it may be a "true sequel" to DPPt, because it uses sprites from those games, and is still on the DS, like how Gen II was on the Game Boy.

I like this, no more Zubats annoying the hell out of me. :D

EDIT: Noticed you wrote article wrong, it's old ones you can't see before you complete the game.

Andrew

Wrote it wrong? I copy & pasted :laugh:

Also their ridiculously long title didn't fit so it's shortened

Olemus

EDIT: Noticed you wrote article wrong, it's old ones you can't see before you complete the game.

That's what it says o.O

Chasethebase

I must have read it wrong myself. *headdesk*

Ignore me then. laugh.gif

Either way, I think it's great, gives you that feeling of a completely fresh game to the series, you'll approach it like you did when you first played Red/Blue. "What type is it?" etc. I remember I used to think that a lot when I used to play the games. Can't wait for this one then.

+John.

I prefer it this way. As Chasethebase said, no more bloody Zubats and Geodudes in the caves.

lemonbear

digimon was better

METAL DARK GREYMON FTW

Chasethebase

I've pretty much decided my team, as always on run throughs.

Water starter

Fly user

Electric type

Fire type

Filler

Filler

I don't use HM slaves. :p

Harreh

So I'll just trade from gen IV...

Chasethebase

So I'll just trade from gen IV...

That's probably restricted as well, because it'll work like Pal Park does from Gen III to Gen IV. You won't be able to trade, just transfer.

c3ntury

I just keep 2 moves on each pokemon free for HM's. Easy.

Alan-

Pokemon was ruined for me when they went above the original 150 (?).

+1 and original 151 if you count Mew which was get-able without the use of a GameShark.

Conjor

Pokemon was ruined for me when they went above the original 150 (?).

+100

An awsome feature that would deffinitly cause me to buy the newer pokemon games (I havn't since Ruby / Saphire) would be the ability to ONLY see pokemon from the original until you beat the game. I would love running through a new game with the oldies.

Tech Star

Actually the new Pok?mon are a result of the tv show & the new seasons or "Generations" as it's called.

The developers don't have anything to do with their creation.

Actually, the developers make it and then they create the anime around the game.

Chasethebase

+100

An awsome feature that would deffinitly cause me to buy the newer pokemon games (I havn't since Ruby / Saphire) would be the ability to ONLY see pokemon from the original until you beat the game. I would love running through a new game with the oldies.

What I did once was play through Diamond with Cyndaquil that I traded over, and then caught only Gen I/II Pokes, was a fun run.

Still buying one of these versions.

• 2 weeks later...
Chasethebase

Also the games have now been confirmed to be the fastest selling DS games on record, with over 1 million pre-orders already and expected to hit 1.5 million before it launches.

Loads more info around the web including videos and such. Just go searching. :p

Corris

I'm actually really looking forward to this, I know we wont be getting it here till a bit into 2011 but I look forward to getting to grips in a new area with only new pokemon, will make a change form the ones I've played through and always end up with similiar pokemon.

LightShadow

These games seem more awesome and awesome by the minute. When they come out, I'll be getting White (Zekrom FTW).

What starters are you guys interested in, I can't decide between the Fire Pig and the Grass Snake. But if I get both Black and White. I'll choose one or the other on each version.

Chasethebase

More trailers.

• 3 weeks later...
Nagisan

Jeez, they are still making new Pokemon games? Last Pokemon game I played was Silver, last one I actually owned was Red, Blue and Yellow. I still remember going through that one pitch-black dungeon (designed to keep you from progressing past that point until you beat a certain gym leader) for my friends and I while it was still pitch-black (just knowing when and where to move to get through it). :p

TaiCrunch

So White has Zekrom and Black has Reshiram? Oh that makes this decision so hard. I really want Zekrom, but I want to check out that new city that's exclusive to Black.

eenie meenie...

Kondrath

I've been playing White... So far, it's the worst pokemon game that I've ever played.

1. Pokemon designs are uninspired. When choosing my starter, I had to google for a few minutes to see which one became less-ugly over time. While traveling, I'm not catching any pokemon since they're all so ugly :p ... Really, though.

2. Button configuration is a complete downgrade compared to HG/SS. Start, Select, L, and R are seemingly unused so far and yet you can only assign the key items to the Y button. Really annoying. And if you want to open up your menu (X button), it auto-closes your key item. No more auto-run. Have to hold B button the entire time.

3. Loading times to enter buildings are about 2 or 3 times longer than in HG/SS or any previous pokemon game. It does this useless "zoom" onto your character and then a slow fade, and then a black screen, until finally you're inside of said building.

4. Item bag navigation is quite awful and harder to navigate compared to previous pokemon games. It takes longer to find items you need and the button layout is inconvenient.

5. Music. The music, in my opinion, is the worst music ever to be featured in a pokemon game. There are absolutely no "classics". It literally sounds as if they took the previous soundtrack's midi file, selected it, and then hit "randomize notes". Or another way to put it is when a TV show like "Robot Chicken" parodies the Super Mario music. You can tell that it's supposed to sound like Mario, but it's not quite identical. Even the BPM is the same, but the melody just sounds like junk. That's how Pokemon Black and White are. Kind of a mockery to the other great themes it used to have.

6. (Non-game-breaking complain). Nurse joy talks too much. It seems a lot slower than other games. Now she even bows down to you before you can go, and right when you think she's done, another text bubble comes up... "We hope to see you again!". I know that it's the "classic" nurse joy, but Nintendo's gotta' cater to the "instant" generation! I love how there are sometimes NPCs who can also heal your pokemon. All you see is one or two dialogue boxes and then BAM, you're healed! No "goodbye and have a good day" text afterwords. Nurse joy should be like that. Why does it even ask me if I want to heal my pokemon? Of course I do! Why else would I be talking to you, Nurse Joy?!

7. One thing that I thought was cool was how in tall grass, you can encounter two pokemon at once. The first time this happened, I wanted to capture one of them, so I weakened the one I wanted and ignored the other one. Once I was ready to throw the ball at the one I wanted, the game gave me a stupid message. "WHAT?! It's impossible to aim at two pokemon!". It won't let you capture one unless you kill the other. That's annoying.

8. One nice thing is that battle animations are faster. This is the first game that I've actually left the animations turned on.

9. The C-Gear (or Poke'Gear) forces you to use the touch screen. There are no button controls.

10. The PC pokemon boxes are a little harder to navigate. It's like HG/SS used Windows 7, and Black and White went back to XP.

11. Your pokemon don't follow you anymore :(

I can't remember what else I'm annoyed with, but all-in-all, it's the same old pokemon but with the removal of previous innovations. It's not a bad game if that's all you ever knew, but compared to previous games, it just doesn't compare, in my opinion. Too many annoying things...

• 2 weeks later...
Chasethebase

1. Classic case of this.

2. Never noticed the menu close the key item, bike has always stayed out. But pressing X when within a menu quits it entirely rather than having to "B" through each menu. Also you can keep using an item until you run out or are done instead of "Select, use, select, use."

3. Never noticed a black screen, just the new effect, not noticable to be honest.

4. Not really, not had any issues myself.

5. Strong disagreement here, the soundtrack is great. Love the new music and general sound quality in comparison to Gen IV

6. Lol, people expect things to be lightning fast these days, just slow it down a notch...

7. Makes sense though, this mechanic was also in DPPt (When you were with a companion), so it isn't new.

8. Agreed, even some old Pokemon look better now.

9. Not used it, don't see a reason to unless I'm going to be playing with friends, none of which have it yet.

10. I found it the same, just select Move Pokemon and drag around a bit.

11. Meh, it was cool, but I wasn't bothered.

I'd say you're picking things out of it to make reasons to hate on it because it doesn't meet your standards of what Gen I or II were. In actuality, these games are far above any previous generations, with an overhauled EXP system to boot, and are like what Gen III was to Gen II. Basically it's because you're not getting the same feeling from the games as you did back in Gen I, this is for reasons explained in the first comic.

For me, the weakest of the bunch was easily Ruby and Sapphire, but that's opinion.

Also there's tons to do after the Elite 4, which is great, and trainers you can battle every day, as much as you like! (Sports Domes, Raimon City) Their levels are based on yours, and you can battle them before the E4 BUT there's more trainers afterwards.

Kondrath

Haha, I wish I could like it, but I really don't. I quit after my 5th badge. That's the first Pokemon game I've ever quit :p ... I also disliked sapphire but not as much as White/Black.

Thanks for taking the time to read what I wrote though, and even comment back. I don't really have anything to say in response, though, lol. I'm glad people like it, but I still dislike it.

There was ONE song I sort-of liked, because it was about 70% ripped off from Lionel Richie's "Hello", LOL. I can't remember which city it was...