HTC Desire

Been running LeeDrOiD again as of late and it's (Y) Paul is taking soo long to update MoDaCo.

I'll change over to an HD rom once they have the camera working and they have a rom which overwrites nand (S-OFF) to prevent having to load half the HD rom on an SD card.

+1

But it doesn't ever seem to cause performance issues so I let it go

Ya mine runs fine while its warm, but it does become quite uncomfortable after an hour of gaming on it. Not too concerned just wish it was a little cooler.

Been running LeeDrOiD again as of late and it's (Y) Paul is taking soo long to update MoDaCo.

I'll change over to an HD rom once they have the camera working and they have a rom which overwrites nand (S-OFF) to prevent having to load half the HD rom on an SD card.

If you use the hack posted on the XDA forums to change the MTD partitions, you can specify the size of the phone's internal partitions yourself, and then the whole of the HD rom could fit on the internal memory

What keyboard is everyone using? There's Swype, Swiftkey and Smart Keyboard Pro that seem really nice. Only thing I don't like about Swiftkey is the ugly default theme.

Also not being able to customize smilies in Swype and Swiftkey is a bit of a bummer.

At the moment I am personally using the Droid 2 multitouch keyboard. Haven't been able to get into the Swype beta although I hear good stuff about it.

Stuck with Smart Keyboard Pro, it's awesome :yes:

Swype is cool, but mix my slang, drunkeness and annoyance at learning curves and I cba with it laugh.gif

At the moment I am personally using the Droid 2 multitouch keyboard. Haven't been able to get into the Swype beta although I hear good stuff about it.

Swype is good, but no matter which version i try it always screws up multitouch (im on the official BETA program BTW).

As a result im using the HTC_IME mod on my device which isn't a "swype" keyboard but its pretty good at prediction and correction which makes it pretty damn quick.

HTC Desire won the best handset award at the Mobile Choice Awards! Take that iPhone!

punk.gif

I really do love the Android operating system, was really happy to see Winamp make an appearance today.

HTC Desire won the best handset award at the Mobile Choice Awards! Take that iPhone!

Fantastic

The HTC Desire is the best selling, and in my opinion one of the best Android handsets of all. Happy to see that Android is getting some recognition at last, I get tired of the press constantly ragging on about nothing but the iPhone.

punk.gif

I really do love the Android operating system, was really happy to see Winamp make an appearance today.

Indeed, and Winamp is not bad. I've completely switched to it from Cubed, which handled playlists very poorly.

Scirwode

EDIT: Nevermind....only took what? 3 hours to install FroYo (official Telstra ROM). That was the most frustrating and annoying upgrade I've ever had to do....

LeeDrOiD 2.2d with the undervolt/overclock kernel and setcpu = amazing battery life.

Downclocks to 245mhz in sleep/screen off, uses the smart ass govenor to fluctuate between 245mhz and 1113mhz during use depending on work load.

LeeDrOiD 2.2d with the undervolt/overclock kernel and setcpu = amazing battery life.

Downclocks to 245mhz in sleep/screen off, uses the smart ass govenor to fluctuate between 245mhz and 1113mhz during use depending on work load.

What's your battery life now? What radio?

I asked this question before but wasn't able to get an answer but it's really bugging me when my phone goes off at work. Basically when i set my phone to vibrate before i leave for work something causes it to switch back to ring. It seems to happen around 8am and at first i thought it was Timeriffic but i uninstalled that and it's still happening.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or is there some kind of log somewhere where i can see what could possibly be triggering this?

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question. I've Googled already, but no luck so far.

One pet-peeve I have with my HTC Desire is that the phone turns on whenever I tap the power/sleep button. On my old iPhone I had to hold the power button before the device booted. Can I do this with my Desire as well? Sometimes I turn off my phone, and it accidentally turns on again in my pocket. A bit inconvenient at times.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me. :)

Since switching to LeeDrOiD I have also noticed that the ROM seems to perform a lot better in general than MCR, with less random slowdowns.

Quick question. I've Googled already, but no luck so far.

One pet-peeve I have with my HTC Desire is that the phone turns on whenever I tap the power/sleep button. On my old iPhone I had to hold the power button before the device booted. Can I do this with my Desire as well? Sometimes I turn off my phone, and it accidentally turns on again in my pocket. A bit inconvenient at times.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me. :)

It's just how the phone was designed. One quick press of the power button, and the phone turns on.

The camera now works on DesireHD Rom's running on the Desire :D

htcdesirehdromwithcamer.jpg

The rom I have flashed at the moment: RCMixHD v0.12 1.32.405.6

HTC Sense has improved a lot, from the applications such as the camera, right down to the widgets and customization options.

I can see things like the HTC Hub been great once more content is added, its nice been able to change skins without flashing them to the phone.

You can also use htcsense.com, although I carn't seem to actually locate my phone once I have set that up. Apart from that and 720p video recording not working at the moment (SD works fine) the rom is fantastic.

If you love the Sense UI you have to give this rom a try, I don't think I could go back to a normal sense rom now :)

The camera now works on DesireHD Rom's running on the Desire :D

htcdesirehdromwithcamer.jpg

The rom I have flashed at the moment: RCMixHD v0.12 1.32.405.6

HTC Sense has improved a lot, from the applications such as the camera, right down to the widgets and customization options.

I can see things like the HTC Hub been great once more content is added, its nice been able to change skins without flashing them to the phone.

You can also use htcsense.com, although I carn't seem to actually locate my phone once I have set that up. Apart from that and 720p video recording not working at the moment (SD works fine) the rom is fantastic.

sounds nice. could you go a little bit more into details? i hear the video camcorder is not working yet (?). what about the other things? is there a desire HD rom for the desire out which includes all features included in the desire too (friendstream, the facebook app, etc. etc.) ?

If you love the Sense UI you have to give this rom a try, I don't think I could go back to a normal sense rom now :)

sounds nice. could you go a little bit more into details? i hear the video camcorder is not working yet (?). what about the other things? is there a desire HD rom for the desire out which includes all features included in the desire too (friendstream, the facebook app, etc. etc.) ?

The camcorder works perfectly on 800x480 widescreen or any of the lower resolutions, the only thing that has problems is 720p video recording.

If you select 720p you will just get a black screen, however in my opinion anyway the quality on 720p videos was not really much better than 800x480 anyway so you haven't really lost anything there.

This rom has all the HTC Stuff you would expect to find in a Desire Sense Rom, and all the new stuff from the Desire HD. You have to have a 512mb minimum ext3 partition on your SD card to flash the rom, everything to just too big to fit on the Desires internal storage.

Home and friends stream:

home-htc.pngfriend-stream.png

New personalize options and HTC featured apps:

new-options.pnghtc-featured.png

71 HTC Widgets can be used:

htc-locations-widget.pngnew-htc-widgets.png

HTC Hub and HTC Locations:

htchub.pnglocations.png

HTC Skins & Car Panel:

htc-skins.pnghtc-carpanel.png

I better not flood this thread with 100's of images, however if you want to see some more I have uploaded a fair few here.