HTC Desire

I've decided not to bother. Can't be bothered with it all, just going to keep it rooted with the usual sense rom so I can use setcpu :)

Thanks though!

lol, gr8 nickname :D

id say its worth to take some 5-10 minutes to make an ext4 partition for the dhd rom to install. running the desire hd rom on the desire makes it deffo an iphone killer in my eyes and running it with 1130mhz is perfect for mine.

everything is perfect now, adblock, swype, now im gonna do a backup :)

id say its worth to take some 5-10 minutes to make an ext4 partition for the dhd rom to install. running the desire hd rom on the desire makes it deffo an iphone killer in my eyes and running it with 1130mhz is perfect for mine.

I run my phone with RC HD Remix, and run the CPU at the full 1,305 MHZ that the ROM allows for with the smartass CPU gouverner, and despite what the ROM developer warns, my phone doesn't freeze or crash (apart from on the BBC's website, and that's not because of the phone)

If there was a step by step guide I'd do it without hesitation, but it's having to learn all these different things... how to flash stuff to the phone, how to create a partition, what order to create the partitions in, how big to make them, etc etc. Plus I'd have to backup my SD card and then put everything back, so that'd add about an extra half an hour onto the whole thing :p

I'm an IT geek so I'm sure I'd be able to manage it, but it's not worth the effort when I'm pretty happy with what I've got. SetCPU has about doubled my battery life - no lie :D

If there was a step by step guide I'd do it without hesitation, but it's having to learn all these different things... how to flash stuff to the phone, how to create a partition, what order to create the partitions in, how big to make them, etc etc. Plus I'd have to backup my SD card and then put everything back, so that'd add about an extra half an hour onto the whole thing :p

I'm an IT geek so I'm sure I'd be able to manage it, but it's not worth the effort when I'm pretty happy with what I've got. SetCPU has about doubled my battery life - no lie :D

There are guides to do almost all of it, besides most custom recoveries can do the partitioning for you without any advanced knowledge. It's honestly not as difficult as it's made out to be.

There are guides to do almost all of it, besides most custom recoveries can do the partitioning for you without any advanced knowledge. It's honestly not as difficult as it's made out to be.

I might have another go. Which DHD rom would you recommend?

I might have another go. Which DHD rom would you recommend?

I am using RC Mix HD personally, I haven't tried the other DHD ROM yet, but this ROM seems very stable

I am using RC Mix HD personally, I haven't tried the other DHD ROM yet, but this ROM seems very stable

Installed it, seems good! Just restoring my backups now :)

So far it's been really easy but quite a lengthy process. I wish I'd bought a faster sd card now, class 2 is just crawling :(

All up and running now thanks :)

I'm confused about how Apps2SD works though, the "Move to SD" option is still grayed out in the applications settings, is there another method to move these apps to the sd card?

All up and running now thanks :)

I'm confused about how Apps2SD works though, the "Move to SD" option is still grayed out in the applications settings, is there another method to move these apps to the sd card?

It automatically places apps onto the EXT partition on your SD card. If you install Titanium Backup from the Android market, it should tell you how much of your EXT partition is being used (and I would recommend getting a Class 6 card, it's much faster for Apps 2 SD)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick noobie question. I've always backuped with Nandroid but I've never actually used it. Lets say I was using LeeDroid 2.2f, switched to RCMixHD, and it screwed up; do I just restore a Nandroid or do I have to install the LeeDroid 2.2f back first?

Quick noobie question. I've always backuped with Nandroid but I've never actually used it. Lets say I was using LeeDroid 2.2f, switched to RCMixHD, and it screwed up; do I just restore a Nandroid or do I have to install the LeeDroid 2.2f back first?

Do a full wipe, and then restore the backup, no reflash is needed :)

As for RCMixHD, I have switched back to LeeDrOiD, i noticed that I was getting a lot of force closes, quirky application behaviour and occasional random slowdowns with RCMixHD (even though I had performed a full wipe before installing it), and although the new sense features are nice, I prefer stability

Do a full wipe, and then restore the backup, no reflash is needed :)

As for RCMixHD, I have switched back to LeeDrOiD, i noticed that I was getting a lot of force closes, quirky application behaviour and occasional random slowdowns with RCMixHD (even though I had performed a full wipe before installing it), and although the new sense features are nice, I prefer stability

That's pretty awesome! I've done my share of flashing, I'm on LeeDroid 2.1a right now. Coming back to the scene I'm a little confused with all the talk about kernels, S-OFF...

How does this one perform? last Data2EXT ROM I tried was horrendously slow and laggy

its much faster than the rcmix hd rom as, as in description (THE CORE ROM FITS TO STANDARD DESIRE CLASSIC NAND 250 MB /system) ... so no need to have some system parts on ext partition (and losing performance because of that).

i see that rom is on 1.1 already, im still using 0.4c but its pretty good. i bet the 1.1. is even better.

about stability i cant say anything, i never had any issues with any custom rom i used so far.

its much faster than the rcmix hd rom as, as in description (THE CORE ROM FITS TO STANDARD DESIRE CLASSIC NAND 250 MB /system) ... so no need to have some system parts on ext partition (and losing performance because of that).

i see that rom is on 1.1 already, im still using 0.4c but its pretty good. i bet the 1.1. is even better.

about stability i cant say anything, i never had any issues with any custom rom i used so far.

If the core ROM fits on the nand partition, what have they cut out to make that happen? the DHD ROM's system files far exceed 250MB in size?

If the core ROM fits on the nand partition, what have they cut out to make that happen? the DHD ROM's system files far exceed 250MB in size?

all i miss is the pdf reader. nothing else is cut out. all widgets are there (i guess some space is automatically saved as some widgets are in the htc hub now, they were not in 2.2). and it only "just" fits. i have 1.92mb free in system after flashing this rom but people on xda forum said its no problem.

rom includes all widgets, themes, also the friendstream, blocked calls, fm radio, the locations etc.

all i miss is the pdf reader. nothing else is cut out. all widgets are there (i guess some space is automatically saved as some widgets are in the htc hub now, they were not in 2.2). and it only "just" fits. i have 1.92mb free in system after flashing this rom but people on xda forum said its no problem.

rom includes all widgets, themes, also the friendstream, blocked calls, fm radio, the locations etc.

Interesting. May have to have another poke at it at some point

Woo Hoo!

It's arrived :D - I was looking at the white one but I prefer the brown look :D

1. Download Android 2.2.

2. Connect to Facebook, Twitter and the like.

3. Settings.

4. Download all the Apps I have been waiting for.

Can anyone think of anymore I should do?

I don't want to root it thank you.