Apple Announces WWDC 2010 Dates: June 7-11

301 members have voted

1. 1. What will see at WWDC 2010 besides iPhone Updates?

• Upgraded Mac hardware (Mac Pro, Mac Mini)
    • Mac OS X 10.7
    • New versions of iLife/iWork
    • Safari 5
    • iTunes 10
    • Next iteration of iPad
    • Updated Apple TV
    • Cloud computing
    • Updated Apple Cinema Displays
    • One more thing (specify in this thread)

Because I'm going to get a Windows Phone 7 phone and obviously I'd rather have the best phone out there :p

If you like the iPhone better, why get Windows Phone 7? Maybe you need to stop drinking the MS koolaid and snap out of Ballmer's Reality Distortion Field. :rofl:

You might be forgetting that phones like this are more than just the phone - some of us look at the desktop software it syncs with. The iPhone doesn't sync with the Zune software and that is tonnes better than iTunes in my opinion. Also, the Windows Phone 7 should integrate a bit better with Windows, Office and Windows Live. Judging by some screenshots and information, it might even integrate better with Facebook than the iPhone 4 does.

i'll give you windows/office/live but LOL @ zune software. I've only actually met 2 people IRL who have a zune.

Because I'm going to get a Windows Phone 7 phone and obviously I'd rather have the best phone out there :p

Don't get one then...

If you like the iPhone better, why get Windows Phone 7? Maybe you need to stop drinking the MS koolaid and snap out of Ballmer's Reality Distortion Field. :rofl:

This post explains my very valid reasons ;) Whilst it appears the Windows Phone 7 itself is not going to be quite as good as the iPhone, the Zune software is utterly fantastic.

i'll give you windows/office/live but LOL @ zune software. I've only actually met 2 people IRL who have a zune.

Have you actually tried the Zune software? You've only met two people who have a Zune? What country do you live in, as it's only been released in the US? Also, what does it matter if you've only met 2 people who own a Zune? Most people go for an iPod touch over the Zune because they've not seen or tried the Zune. Also, a lot of people go for phones now instead of MP3 players and Microsoft doesn't yet have a competitive phone with the Zune integrated (the KIN doesn't count as competitive to the iPhone).

Pretty disappointing keynote for me. I was hoping they would show something Mac related (OS X 10.7, OS X 10.6.4 or Mac Pro updates) but alas... all iPhone / iOS..

There doesn't appear to be much going on with Apple when it comes to their computers anymore. I have an iPhone 3GS 32GB and a MacBook Pro 17" but the new iPhone 4 to me isn't that great. I mean Video Chatting, seriously? That is their ace in the hole? Their 'one more thing' announcement? I had a phone in 2003 that did Video Chatting, it was a flop no one wants to see other people on their phone or hold their phone out at arms length all the time or have other people hear your conversation. It just doesn't work.

I thought the higher resolution display and the A4 chip was a good choice for the new phone but beyond that.. meh I don't see a reason to upgrade, at this point I'm much more likely to buy an Android phone, if anything the keynote makes me want an Android phone more now than ever.

Don't get one then...

Why? As I've explained, buying a Windows Phone 7 will provide me with a much more enjoyable experience than buying an iPhone will. I'm just commenting on the fact that I wish the Windows Phone 7 had some of the features the iPhone has and that the iPhone 4.0 looks extremely good.

Pretty disappointing keynote for me. I was hoping they would show something Mac related (OS X 10.7, OS X 10.6.4 or Mac Pro updates) but alas... all iPhone / iOS..

There doesn't appear to be much going on with Apple when it comes to their computers anymore. I have an iPhone 3GS 32GB and a MacBook Pro 17" but the new iPhone 4 to me isn't that great. I mean Video Chatting, seriously? That is their ace in the hole? Their 'one more thing' announcement? I had a phone in 2003 that did Video Chatting, it was a flop no one wants to see other people on their phone or hold their phone out at arms length all the time or have other people hear your conversation. It just doesn't work.

I thought the higher resolution display and the A4 chip was a good choice for the new phone but beyond that.. meh I don't see a reason to upgrade, at this point I'm much more likely to buy an Android phone, if anything the keynote makes me want an Android phone more now than ever.

I live in the US.

The Zune software itself might be great, never tried it, but nobody has Zunes themselves.

Put it this way. I worked at radioshack for 2 years. We had a case of iPods and Zunes. Somebody broke in and stole all the iPods and left the Zunes. I'm sorry, but that's just hilarious.

and lol @ the kin, too.

Why? As I've explained, buying a Windows Phone 7 will provide me with a much more enjoyable experience than buying an iPhone will. I'm just commenting on the fact that I wish the Windows Phone 7 had some of the features the iPhone has and that the iPhone 4.0 looks extremely good.

Well apparently not as enjoyable as you thought it would be considering you think iPhone 4 / iOS 4 will be better.

PS Isn't your "Let's all praise Zune Software"-thread enough? Do we really have to go into that here again?

Great post Vice, really sums up my thoughts. WWDC has become the iPhone conference basically, ignoring most other Apple products. Overall, video chat shouldn't have been the big "drop the bomb" news that they tried to make it out to be. Other phones can do it as well and over WiFi only is no surprise considering AT&T's network. I don't really expect it to take off.

Overall, if you have a 3GS not that much of a reason to upgrade. For now, I'm happy with my BB Bold 9650.

o8wt87688j638bfdcijt.jpg

So the iPhone 4 16gb for $199 is that on a contract or sim free?

Im very interested if its not on contract, got a feeling it will be though.

I hope that Apple does some other minor announcements (like 10.6.4 or other hardware upgrades) afterwards.. They may not have required a mention during the keynote, but they may still be coming.

I, too, am disappointed that Apple seems to be focusing 80% of their efforts on everything iPhone/iPad these days... It's all because of that App Store. It's making them tons of dough.

o8wt87688j638bfdcijt.jpg

Im very interested if the price is right.

That's almost certainly on AT&T contract. I may be wrong but I don't see that being an unlocked price.

[...] but nobody has Zunes themselves.

Some people do. I do and so does one of my friends and we're both in the UK. That isn't "nobody."

[...]

Put it this way. I worked at radioshack for 2 years. We had a case of iPods and Zunes. Somebody broke in and stole all the iPods and left the Zunes. I'm sorry, but that's just hilarious.

[...]

Uhm, no it isn't as that was before the Zune HD was released and iPods used to be better than the Zune, before the Zune HD was released.

Well apparently not as enjoyable as you thought it would be considering you think iPhone 4 / iOS 4 will be better.

You are not reading my posts. The Zune software, 'Metro' UI and Zune Social will make it more enjoyable for me than using an iPhone and iTunes would.

PS Isn't your "Let's all praise Zune Software"-thread enough? Do we need to start here again?

What? I'm commenting on the iPhone here and comparing all its offerings with that of the Windows Phone 7. Maybe you should stop bashing anything which is even slightly anti-Apple and actually look at posts/issues in a fair way, like I do? Have you ever heard of the following phrase?: "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything."

o8wt87688j638bfdcijt.jpg

Im very interested if its not on contract, got a feeling it will be though.

Those prices are with 2 year contracts on AT&T. That to me is bad.

Really disappointed we didn't see anything Mac OS X related (Safari 5, v10.6.4, anything for that matter).

THIS^

Is there any other days they may talk about that stuff?

Well honestly as a Canadian on the Rogers network, that's actually pretty good. Up here you need a 3 year contract for that price (last I checked). Sometimes you can pull some strings to get a better deal, but a lot of people don't bother.

Still, I don't see people's obsession with having contract-free cell phone plans while still getting subsidies on the phone itself. If I'm going to buy a phone and have a plan on a network, I don't intend on changing it up for at least 2 years.

I wonder who it will go to in the UK.

Now that O2, Orange and Tesco are selling it!.....T-mobile and 3 had some stock of iphones too

:o

off the chain new iPhone.... lol WHOA!! :woot:

video is on Apple site now.

I thought for a min that I might be able to buy one for a good price without a contract, wishful thinking it appears now :whistle: