Apple Announces WWDC 2010 Dates: June 7-11

301 members have voted

1. 1. What will see at WWDC 2010 besides iPhone Updates?

• Upgraded Mac hardware (Mac Pro, Mac Mini)
    • Mac OS X 10.7
    • New versions of iLife/iWork
    • Safari 5
    • iTunes 10
    • Next iteration of iPad
    • Updated Apple TV
    • Cloud computing
    • Updated Apple Cinema Displays
    • One more thing (specify in this thread)

I don't know why do they need to release it in September. Basically it is the same as the iPhone minus some features.

One of the main reasons I can think of is so that they can give all their current stock out for free to people who buy new Macs during their back to school promotions (like the one going on right now).

And the iPod Touch (sans first gen) is going to be able to upgrade to iOS 4 for free anyway so everyone who gets one of these "soon to be outdated" models will still have the latest OS when it comes out. I think it's a good trade off.

Interesting thought here guys. Does anybody see the inclusion of iAd's and the timely release of information that OS4 will be free for ipod touches? I hate to nit pick when I'll be getting something for free, I just can't figure out why people are making more of a fuss about iAd's.

DEFINITELY getting the new iPhone!! Looks amazing.. I was going to sell my 3Gs with 2 cases and chargers, until my wife seen Farmville is coming... Now she says "you aren't selling it.. I am going to use it." lmao

Steve Jobs mentioned something about a "Bunker" case for the new iPhone 4. Are there any pics of this somewhere? I really have no clue what he was talking about.

Really impressed with both the iPhone 4 and iOS 4. The build quality looks and sounds incredible, but I'll have to hold it in an Apple Store first. Likewise about the Retina Display... Sounds great, but nothing compares to actually seeing it in the flesh.

Steve Jobs mentioned something about a "Bunker" case for the new iPhone 4. Are there any pics of this somewhere? I really have no clue what he was talking about.

Really impressed with both the iPhone 4 and iOS 4. The build quality looks and sounds incredible, but I'll have to hold it in an Apple Store first. Likewise about the Retina Display... Sounds great, but nothing compares to actually seeing it in the flesh.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

Scroll to the bottom and look for "Bumper", not "Bunker". That was a mistake almost all the liveblogs made.

Was considering selling my 3G to finance an iPhone 4, but I?m pretty content with the 3G. Having a jailbreak that Apple can?t remove is pretty nice, add on to it the fact the Android is now installable, I think I?ll stick with it for a few years.

One of the main reasons I can think of is so that they can give all their current stock out for free to people who buy new Macs during their back to school promotions (like the one going on right now).

Yep. The september event pretty much coincides with the end of the back-to-school free iPod touch promotion. It's when they update their consumer media devices (iPods, AppleTV, probably iPad this time) because it's before the holiday shopping season.

yeah I heard Bunker also.. I like it, but why not cover the entire phone? I mean the entire phone is glass now for God's sake!! It needs protection!!! I know other companies will come out with better cases but still

If the back is like the front I'll be very happy. One thing I hate about the iPhone is the plastic back and scratches. 3 years with two iPhones (first one and 3G) and never had a scratch on the screen.

Going to get one on release date :D

Image taken w/ the new iPhone, not sure why Gizmodo put their watermark on it...anyhow here it is:

photo_01.jpg

That picture looks great for a 5MP camera. Background is a bit grainy but the foreground is awesome, so is the depth of field. Me want. NOW!!!

I just need to ask this question: Why call it FaceTime?
No idea. I would have called it Apple Greet or something. FaceTime shoulds like something you do when you are on drugs.

I wanted them to go multi-carrier. :( I can't buy it for at&t due to the fact they changed their data prices to be so flippin expensive. :( Looks like I am either buying the Evo 4G or a Windows Phone 7 Phone (when they come out) on Sprint and keep my iPod Touch with me if I want to play iOS games.