[E3 2010] Sony Press Conference

Then you do not do the PSN + and you just BUY it. What is so hard about that?

You do not get it because you are looking at it wrong, it is a SERVICE. It is a service to try out new games, to get exclusive demos first, and to get into Beta's as well. Tell me how is that not a service?

So do you not rent movies on Live because you do not get to keep it? To me it is the same exact thing except it is now subscription based. You are paying for a subscription to RENT games for the duration of your subscription. What is so wrong with that?

Can I still be a Netflix member and watch movies on Instant Queue if I no longer pay for their service? NO, I cannot. It is the SAME exact thing.

But that's right, I own a PS3, so if I do not like it, I don't have to get it. You do not even own a PS3, have been in this thread saying multiple times now "they need to give me a reason to purchase a PS3" so then do not purchase a PS3 either. Also pretty simple.

The biggest thing they linked to the service was exclusive content for games. Agreed? Well, why on earth would you tout the content if you don't get to keep it. That's extremely weak in my book. This "service", if that's what you want to call it, really does nothing. That's because it's not a service, it's entirely content-based. And if I pay for content, I want to be able to keep it, especially since I download it -- I don't stream it, I download it, I pay to use it.

Do I rent movies on live? No, absolutely not. I do not. If I were to use the Zune implementation of Xbox Live, I would buy the content. But, again, you are comparing apples to oranges. This isn't movies. I pay to go to a theater and watch a movie for a one-time fee. I don't pay to utilize content for an existing game. If I want the content, I buy it. And that's what you're doing with this "service" -- you're paying for it.

It is NOT the same thing. Quit freaking bitching and implying I'm trolling. People go into the Xbox Live threads and bitch about the service, and they have the RIGHT to, whether or not they own a 360. They don't want the service. So they DON'T buy it. I think this is a weak "service." I have every right to express my opinion as you, I don't give a crap if you own a PS3. I love playing PS3 games with my roommate. I think it's a great console. But I want a reason to own one. I really do. Right now, they don't have it. Sue me for expressing my opinion, my God.

Twisted Metal looks really nice, IMO... should be a very fun split-screen game.

Looks fun as heck. Graphics and animations are old school, but graphics are not important. Gameplay is.

Looks fun as heck. Graphics and animations are old school, but graphics are not important. Gameplay is.

Yeah, graphics aren't great, but it looks really fun.

Dragging the team leader behind you, nice... looks kinda like CTF in a way. Very cool.

Wow I was sure they had something else. The big secret was something already leaked? I wish we freaking had less leaks to actually heighten anticipation for a show.

Microsoft > Sony > Nintendo IMO. But not by much.

I was let down by Sony (and MS), but overall it was good. GT5 made the show.

So it's over.

There were some big downers at their event (no PSP2? Nothing too major for the original except for a marketing campaign?), but it was fairly strong. I wasn't too impressed by the Move stuff, and I hate the renting bonus content concept for the PSN+ service. There were some great games, though, especially the new Twisted Metal and LittleBigPlanet 2. Portal 2 having Steam could be absolutely huge depending how they implement it.

All the conferences were pretty mediocre this year compared to last, IMO. I'd probably give Sony a slight edge if you owned all three consoles or none.

Wow I was sure they had something else. The big secret was something already leaked? I wish we freaking had less leaks to actually heighten anticipation for a show.

Agreed. Pretty much everything gets leaked nowadays. Twisted Metal was leaked a week ago too wasn't it?

So it's over.

There were some big downers at their event (no PSP2? Nothing too major for the original except for a marketing campaign?), but it was fairly strong. I wasn't too impressed by the Move stuff, and I hate the renting bonus content concept for the PSN+ service. There were some great games, though, especially the new Twisted Metal and LittleBigPlanet 2. Portal 2 having Steam could be absolutely huge depending how they implement it.

All the conferences were pretty mediocre this year compared to last, IMO. I'd probably give Sony a slight edge if you owned all three consoles or none.

The Move ended up being about $30 more than I was thinking. I was hoping the bundle included the nunchuck.

Agreed. Pretty much everything gets leaked nowadays. Twisted Metal was leaked a week ago too wasn't it?

Yea it was known, but nobody guessed they would have saved it for last.

Microsoft > Sony > Nintendo IMO. But not by much.

I was let down by Sony (and MS), but overall it was good. GT5 made the show.

Nintendo were the best by far with the 3DS. They actually announced things that we didn't know about.

Same.

Agreed, if you include the 3DS. If you're just going off the stationary consoles, I'd say Nintendo was about the same as Microsoft, maybe a bit worse (IMO).