Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010

Looking good. I hope they do another gaming tournament, like they did with NFS Shift last year, just so I can win in my city and go to Thorpe Park again. :p

Everyone says the same thing every time a new Need for Speed game comes out, Oh there going back to roots and it looks so good and so on, but the game sucks every time, i am tiered of EA making a cool trailer for a new game and everyone goes its so cool then you hear them bitching the game sucks when they get it and then when a new game comes out its like the forgot about the last one they played and starts all over again. Never again EA, never Again. I am tiered of you taking my money for your over priced, buggy games.

65311250.jpg

:woot: :woot:

Any word yet on PC system requirements? I know we're still a couple months away but was just wondering. I loved Most Wanted so much and can't wait for this one. :)

Everyone says the same thing every time a new Need for Speed game comes out, Oh there going back to roots and it looks so good and so on, but the game sucks every time, i am tiered of EA making a cool trailer for a new game and everyone goes its so cool then you hear them bitching the game sucks when they get it and then when a new game comes out its like the forgot about the last one they played and starts all over again. Never again EA, never Again. I am tiered of you taking my money for your over priced, buggy games.

The most wanted games and NFS: Shift were good. And this game basically looks like a remake of the classic hot pursuit games so it looks like its gonna be fun to me. Loved those games.

Not sure where you get the idea that they say that every time as they haven't had a proper "Hot Pursuit" game since Hot Pursuit 2 back in 2002. All the others haven't been anything like the originals, where as this looks to be going back to what the originals were all about (cops chasing speeders).

I'm really excited about this game. My only concern is that, while Criterion makes fun games they are really, really repetitive. Burnout: Paradise was as repetitive as they come, no variation whatsoever, gameplay never really evolved throughout the game. Hopefully they manage to do something about that, mix things up and open up new stuff as the player progress. ( Not just piling on cars in the same races and environments )

I've never had much trouble getting NFS3 to work on XP, and if I remember correctly you could substitute the Direct3D dll from NFS4 and get it working much better. Oddly NFS4 was always a much bigger pain to get working on XP for some reason and Porsche Unleashed always had that annoying swap file problem. I think deleting gimme.dll was one of the workarounds for that.

Porsche was the last game in the series I played before they turned it into a Fast and the Furious ghetto ricer clone.

OK, that demo video has erased most of my interest in the game. It looks like a dumbed-down version of Burnout (i.e. it stops the action every few seconds to warn you of an impending hazard which you can see or hear clear as day anyway), only with cops and real cars.

that slow-mo action is like detective mode in Batman AA. :p

it should be like Nos.

they could have just carried over NFS MW's Speedbreaker, which depletes with usage & refills when not in use.

The current list of cars:

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

Audi TT RS Coupe

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 (cop only)

Chevrolet Camaro SS

Dodge Challenger SRT8

Dodge Viper SRT10

Ford Shelby GT500

Koenigsegg CCX

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera

Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV

Lamborghini Reventon (cop)

McLaren MP4-12C

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

Nissan GT-R SpecV (R35)

Pagani Zonda Cinque

Porsche Cayman S

Porsche Panamera Turbo :pinch: they could've included a M5 :shifty:

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars

http://nfsunlimited.net/news/view/18566 links with photos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Planned to buy this for xbox, but now that I found out that there is no splitscreen mode... I will be skipping this one... Gotta find Most Wanted for xbox....

Planned to buy this for xbox, but now that I found out that there is no splitscreen mode... I will be skipping this one... Gotta find Most Wanted for xbox....

if no splitscreen... Then how does it work?