Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010

I'm so freaking ecstatic that this series is finally coming back to it's roots! :drool: :happy:

So am I! :D

Criterion sure can make one hell of a racing game, and Need for Speed was my favorite racing series back when the games were still good.

I wish it wasn't open world. I won't be getting it just because of that. I have never been able to get into any open world racing game, even Burnout Paradise. It's the only Burnout game that I could never fully enjoy.

Looks good, loved the original Hot Pursuit back in the day. I just wish NFS would just figure out what it wants to be already. Really enjoyed Shift too, are there now two branches? One sim and another arcade or what?

Looks Epic! Finally a game with amazing environments and good police chases.

I'm impressed as well, this game will definitely be worth waiting for. (Y)

It better be better then Hot Pursuit 2. God that game... That game was just HORRIBLE.

The original Hot Pursuit, now that was an AMAZING game. I STILL play it to this day occasionally. (Not much throughout the year, but I have a running tradition that I play it every Christmas Morning. Started 12 years ago...)

Hot Pursuit 2 was just, ugh...

Wow, will buy this the first day it comes out probably. Very glad to see Hot Pursuit remade. Now we need a remake of Porsche Unleashed!

PERFECT!!!! Excatly what I wanted to see (Y)

Definately a buy!. I used to play NFS:HS almost everyday when I was around year 12-tafe. Still play it occasionally, if I could put XP back on my PC. lol

Looks good, loved the original Hot Pursuit back in the day. I just wish NFS would just figure out what it wants to be already. Really enjoyed Shift too, are there now two branches? One sim and another arcade or what?

If you look in the Need for Speed entry on Wikipedia, there are now four branches. :huh: Classic (this game), Sim (Shift), MMO (World), and Arcade (Nitro). I wasn't aware the latter game existed until reading up on it.

Criterion recently twitted: "Porsche 918 Spyder. Unveiled Geneva March 2010. Playable in NFSHP 3 days later. A hybrid supercar that does 200mph.".

porsche_918_spyder_hotpursuit1.jpg

The 918 is powered by both a 500-horsepower V8 and a pair of electric motors (one for each axle) producing an additional 218 hp. Check out this promo video.

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/news/view/18494

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Screen shots

5.jpg

8.jpg

more- http://www.nfsunlimited.net/hotpursuit/screenshots