Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010

I grew up playing Quake 2, Unreal Tournament, Counter Strike 1.3, Return To Castle Wolfenstien, Medal Of Honor Frontline & Allied Assualt and a few I forgotten. I spent all my days and summers playing this, I almost never saw the sun. If you notice those are all FPS games.

There was only one other game I played that much and it was Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, among a few other NFS titles. I loved that freaking game. When I saw this watching the E3 coverage I was blown away. I was like f*ck yea! I can't wait. This is probably on top of my wanted list from E3.

a guide for those who want to play NFS3 HP in XP, Vista or Windows 7 -

WINDOWS 2000 / XP / VISTA COMPATIBILITY GUIDE FOR NEED FOR SPEED III: Hot pursuit.

The following procedure will make your Need For Speed III: Hot Pursuit game RUN NEAR PERFECT UNDER WINDOWS 2000 / XP/ Vista.

Game will run almost just as good and in the same speed as under win95/98/me. And I 've tried to make it as much detailed as possible, so non-advanced users can follow it.

So, let's start:

NOTE: You must not have the game already installed in your computer in order to follow this procedure. If you already have the game installed, please uninstall it (don't worry, we will install it again, but in such way it will make it compatible)

1. Go to "(My) Computer" --> Right click your disc drive (the one the game disk is inserted into) and then click on "open" --> go to "SETUP" folder --> go to "ENGLISH" folder (or whatever other language you wish to choose as the installation language)

2. Right click on SETUP.EXE file (it's the one that has an icon with a grey computer and a box infront) --> click on "Properties" --> click on the "Compatibility" tab. Enable the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option. Select "windows 95" from the menu below. Then enable the "disable visual themes", and "turn off advanced text services for this program" options. Make sure that the "Run in 256 colors" and "Run in 640x480 screen resolution" options are disabled. Click apply and Ok.

3. Close all open windows, eject and reinsert the disc, and install the game. Make sure you make a FULL installation of the game.

4. Reboot

5. Now you can run the game under windows 2000/xp/vista, but only in software render mode (the game cannot take advantage of the 3D acceleration of your graphics card, and thus graphics appear primitive). To enable 3D acceleration go, Start --> All programs --> Electronic Arts --> Need For Speed III --> 3D Device Setup. On the window that opens, under the "3D graphics renderer" section, make sure that "Direct3D Device1" is selected from the menu (or if you don't see that, select anything else available except "software renderer"). and then OK. If a warning appears, just click yes/ok and then Ok again.

I have tried this on an two computers, with a NVIDIA and an ATI cards, and it's perfect. It even works on Vista, with minor lockups during loading and exit

http://www.ntcompatible.com/compatdb/details/need_for_speed_3_hot_pursuit_windows.html

This is definitely the E3 of racing games, I've seen plenty come from it and plenty that look amazing!

Trackmania 2, this, F1 2010, GT5... the list goes on!

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010 E3 Stage Demo

Creative Director Craig Sullivan from Criterion Games was a guest at Gamespot's E3 2010 Stage Show, he spoke about the upcoming Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and shared some new details.

NFS Hot Pursuit will have an open world, where cops can chase the racers. Additionally you'll get their hands on high-end cars pretty early - but unfortunately there won't be any tuning and customization, because the focus lies on pursuits and escaping, rather than showing off your car.

So it seems the game is heading directly into the arcade-direction...but see for yourself - Craig Sullivan is also showing the game in two example races:

veyron (cop) vs koenigigigisegggggg

video- http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6266155

http://www.nfscars.net/article/view/605.aspx

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010 'partially' inspired by FPS games.

EA’s Marketing Vice President Keith Munro commented in the interview printed for the July issue of EDGE Magazine that Hot Pursuit 2010 was, in part, inspired by the Bad Company and Call of Duty franchises.

Munro commented:

“We’ve also taken inspiration from shooters – Bad Company and Call of Duty, for example. That really inspired the in-cockpit action you saw in Shift, to make people feel what the real driving experience is like. We talked about it being first-person driving instead of first-person shooting – the impact you feel in a race car is not dissimilar to taking a bullet in Battlefield. That inspired the in-cockpit action; it’s violent and aggressive.

Another thing we took away from Battlefield and CoD is how smart and addictive the online play is. You’ll see a lot of that in Hot Pursuit – a big focus of that game is social connection. Hot Pursuit is [Criterion Games’] interpretation of what the best NFS game would be.”

e216main0.jpg

Whether this means there is a cockpit or not, is still under debate, however, trying to read between the excessively fast blurring lines may only give you a migraine.

http://www.nfscars.net/article/view/604.aspx

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010 Named Best Racing Game @ E3

As Seen here, HP2010 beat out MotorStorm: Apocalypse, Gran Turismo 5 for Best Racing Game at E3. Sure, there was not much competition, and it is not surprising after such a strong trailer video and game play demo videos. Hot Pursuit will be quite an anticipated game for this winter season, and expect quite a substantial amount of new information, screen shots, and videos to come in the passing months as we wait for the release, or even more so a demo.

http://www.nfscars.net/article/view/603.aspx

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/needforspeedhotpursuit/video/6266155

from that gamespot video, the driving physics looks like a "pivot physics model", the ones in old Colin mcrae rally, grid, burnout ...games

i just hope the cars have some mass. :D

i hate burnout paradise handling physics, the cars have no feeling to them, especially the handbrake

I think I skipped half the NFS games. Burnout Paradise is the best racing game ever, so I'm up for seeing anything Criterion makes past this point.

Even Most Wanted? That was one of my favourite NFS games man.

My god this looks great. I cant wait to get my grubby mitts on this :shiftyninja:

One thing I'm seeing is that crash animations look the same no matter how you bust the racers..

I hope they add more..

Even Most Wanted? That was one of my favourite NFS games man.

I got 3, 4, PU, Underground 2, Most Wanted, and Carbon.

I kept thinking about snagging more but I never did.

a guide for those who want to play NFS3 HP in XP, Vista or Windows 7 -

http://www.ntcompatible.com/compatdb/details/need_for_speed_3_hot_pursuit_windows.html

Erm... Who wrote that?

NFS3 will work perfectly on Windows XP without any tweaking whatsoever. However, it does not work on Vista correctly.

On Vista, it runs slow. No FPS drops, skipping or anything. It's like the game is running in Slow Motion.

I played it on XP for years and didn't have a problem ever installing, and installed it recently on my laptop and it works flawlessly.

I've tested this on 3 different Vista computers, and the slow down exists on all them.

In fact as compatibility issues go? Here's an easier way (This patch works, I use it myself on Vista)

Additionally you'll get their hands on high-end cars pretty early - but unfortunately there won't be any tuning and customization, because the focus lies on pursuits and escaping, rather than showing off your car.

Don really care about that..as long as i can change colours of the cars.

• 4 weeks later...

So who is developing this game? Is it BlackBox? or Criterion? And if it's criterio did they develop it from the start? Confusing stuff :D

So who is developing this game? Is it BlackBox? or Criterion? And if it's criterio did they develop it from the start? Confusing stuff :D

i believe it would be Criterion games, the same developer behind the Burnout Series. Of course, the damage of the cars in this game won't be to the level from Burnout Paradise due to license restrictions.