Windows Live Essentials 'beta' out now!

I don't like the screenshots. Looks like it overrides Aero on the main window. That's a big NO-NO for me. Breaks desktop consistency while also losing window shadows. :(

I don't like the screenshots. Looks like it overrides Aero on the main window. That's a big NO-NO for me. Breaks desktop consistency while also losing window shadows. :(

What are you talking about? The whole window still looks the same as the current stable version. It still has the default glass border with shadow from Aero.

Is it something like 10:24am.. is it.. Redmond? Where Microsoft is based right? So they still got like.. all day until it is released.

Wanna bet it'll be delayed to later in the day? :shifty:

How can something with no official release time be delayed to a later time?

Anyways, if history serves us right, it will be released later in the afternoon PST.

Is it something like 10:24am.. is it.. Redmond? Where Microsoft is based right? So they still got like.. all day until it is released.

I always have to LOL at the Europeans who gripe about the release times of products from American companies (especially Microsoft and Apple, who happen to be on the west coast). Should American companies base their release schedules on the time zones of Europe? Of course not, that would be stupid. Just as it would be stupid for Americans to gripe about the release times of products coming from Europe (what was the last European software product that people were eargerly awaiting anyway, other than maybe some big Opera release?).

I am really fed up now! First they said end of June, then this week, then tomorrow and now today! Damn you Microsoft!

It is the end of june, it is this week, it is tomarrow from yesterday, today at lunch time Pacfic Time is still today :rofl:

• Like 2

It is the end of june, it is this week, it is tomarrow from yesterday, today at lunch time Pacfic Time is still today

It's a long awaited release, Wave 3 was released back in November 2008, so its almost after 2 years.