Windows Live Essentials 'beta' out now!

LOL

what its true?

omgzzzz a secuity update for the bluetooth stack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i luvs u microsoft, lol

that would be weird.. haha.

Thread cleaned

Please keep this thread strictly to updates about the availability of Windows Live Essentials wave 4 and nothing else.

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: IT LEAKED TODAY!!! OMG!!!

The leak time has gone now; now Microsoft will release it. In fact, I don't care of leaked builds as they have limited functionality.

Via the Windows Team Blog, Piero Sierra posted this in the comments of this post: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2010/06/22/windows-live-messenger-full-or-compact-view-you-decide.aspx

@MarcoIsAFool - The beta will be available in a few days, and when it is will not have a scale limit and will scale very fast (if history is any indication.) So your prediction should be off by a few million users right off the bat. As for Jabber/XMPP - as previously announced we are working on Facebook chat integration, which we do via XMPP. This feature will not be on for the Beta, but will be turned on shortly afterwards. Once this is working we can work on connecting to other partners via this mechanism.

"* Did you know? Our data shows that 30% of current Messenger users run it with the Messenger window maximized! Wave 3 Messenger doesnt look very good when maximized, which is why we decided to add multi-column support for these users."

How do they know that? :shiftyninja:

Or was it a survey they did..? :L

Via the Windows Team Blog, Piero Sierra posted this in the comments of this post: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2010/06/22/windows-live-messenger-full-or-compact-view-you-decide.aspx

@MarcoIsAFool - The beta will be available in a few days, and when it is will not have a scale limit and will scale very fast (if history is any indication.) So your prediction should be off by a few million users right off the bat. As for Jabber/XMPP - as previously announced we are working on Facebook chat integration, which we do via XMPP. This feature will not be on for the Beta, but will be turned on shortly afterwards. Once this is working we can work on connecting to other partners via this mechanism.

:|

I really hope that isn't correct.

Facebook Chat support is what I was mainly looking forward to with the beta this week :( I wonder how long 'soon after' is... probably a month or two...

Facebook Chat support is what I was mainly looking forward to with the beta this week :( I wonder how long 'soon after' is... probably a month or two...

Same, thats all i want the beta for is Facebook Chat. That is one of the main features for me with this update.

Same, thats all i want the beta for is Facebook Chat. That is one of the main features for me with this update.

Fb chat is not the greatest thing out there lol.

Probably in Beta 2.

Fb chat is not the greatest thing out there lol.

Which is why we would like it included in the Windows Live Messenger beta - that way we can finally chat to our Facebook friends with no technical issues getting in the way.

Probably in Beta 2.

No one has confirmed that a second public beta is scheduled. They will most likely just have the one public beta like before.

Which is why we would like it included in the Windows Live Messenger beta - that way we can finally chat to our Facebook friends with no technical issues getting in the way.

No one has confirmed that a second public beta is scheduled. They will most likely just have the one public beta like before.

I personally miss this :(

wlm3yf.jpg

wle.jpg

According to TechCrunch we'll be getting the beta tomorrow here

Windows Live Essentials, a suite of online and desktop services that includes hotmail, messenger, sync, movie maker and photo gallery – will go live for everyone tomorrow.

Source: TechCrunch

• Like 2

IT'S CONFIRMED! TOMORROW! LIVE ESSENTIALS 2010!

Go to Live Essentials Preview site. And it states that the new Essentials beta will be released tomorrow :D

EDIT: Keep an Eye Here!

It states, the button will lead to the download tomorrow :D