Windows Live Essentials 'beta' out now!

Not to feed the fire... but...

OOOH TABS

You, sir, along with everyone else on the Neowin team has a very strange sense of humor. A very sadistic one.

* and, can tabs be disabled?

• Like 1

You, sir, along with everyone else on the Neowin team has a very strange sense of humor. A very sadistic one.

But you wuv us, yarp?

Staff is starting to annoy me... either SHARE the download so we can ALL update, or don't post screenshots! :angry:

Alright alright, I'm done. You'll have your time, soon enough :)

Staff is starting to annoy me... either SHARE the download so we can ALL update, or don't post screenshots! :angry:

Lol, it's only software; chiiiiiilllllll :p

Lol, it's only software; chiiiiiilllllll :p

Honestly, the context of the postings does give it kind of a smug feel. Not saying anything definitively, but his views are understandable.

• Like 1

Its all fun !

Everyone will have it sooner or later !

Think of it like looking on the net for that GPU you always wanted... and then... one day..

Honestly, the context of the postings does give it kind of a smug feel. Not saying anything definitively, but his views are understandable.

Hm, I kind of understand what you mean, but I don't have that build of Messenger and - as much as I really want it - I just understand that they've got it through other means I don't have access to and accept that; I don't get annoyed with them posting screenshots because it's human nature to flaunt what you have over others :p Some will do that, others won't, but there's no need to get stressed/annoyed/angry over it :)

Think of it like looking on the net for that GPU you always wanted... and then... one day..

... you get ran over by a few police cars that carry the GPU you want before it's publicly available? :D

If anybody has 15.4.2847.0621, it's best to share with A-Patch to give them a head start. ;)

Little known secret: I'm the lead developer of A-Patch.

Feel free to contact me via PM with a link.

Thanks.

... you get ran over by a few police cars that carry the GPU you want before it's publicly available? :D

:laugh: Sounds about right

Little known secret: I'm the lead developer of A-Patch.

Feel free to contact me via PM with a link.

Thanks.

:laugh: Nice try

Jesus Christ, what are all you guys getting worked up over? It is just another IM client, the days of "omg must have" have well passed for me, and you would think some of you would be a little more mature. It'll go RTW/final eventually and then everyone will have it.

Pssst, some things never change.

Yeah, most of you are probably setting yourselves up for disappointment anyways.

Yea I checked out the leaked version and was not overly impressed with any of the new features, infact I found them more of an annoyance

The only good thing was the tabbed convos

Yessir!

Yeah, most of you are probably setting yourselves up for disappointment anyways.

Disagreed. The new messenger offers some very nice new functionality and usability over previous ones. Just because there's no "groundbreaking" stuff, doesn't mean it won't good. I'm loving the small things - transitions, nice UI, new designs... it all just fits together nicely now.

Edit: Oh, and the new Windows 7 stuff is awesome :D

I don't see the point to get all excited and manic over something that'll probably have some annoying bugs in it, personally. :pinch:

It's pretty unbuggy, kthx

Jesus Christ, what are all you guys getting worked up over? It is just another IM client, the days of "omg must have" have well passed for me, and you would think some of you would be a little more mature. It'll go RTW/final eventually and then everyone will have it.

Pssst, some things never change.

It's the best one out there for Windows Live and is very anticipated... they haven't updated in a long time.

Wow! 30+ pages here. Happy to see all the excitement and interest!

It's the most famous web service, there are lot of exciting updates and this is a long overdue update. That's why people are anxious to try it.

lol something funny, when i installed the leaked build, then it wouldnt work

so i flipped, and system restored to the previous build..

i got the features of WLM Wave 4 onto wave 3 (the like, jumplists).. "show my webcam" disappeared

the sounds also are from wave 4 lolz.

Yea I checked out the leaked version and was not overly impressed with any of the new features, infact I found them more of an annoyance

The only good thing was the tabbed convos

The leaked build was very unfinished. It was labelled as 'leaked' for a reason - they hadn't added all of the features and hadn't finished some features; it was leaked during development, so why judge what to expect from a final product by looking at a leaked version of it? :/

The leaked build was very unfinished. It was labelled as 'leaked' for a reason - they hadn't added all of the features and hadn't finished some features; it was leaked during development, so why judge what to expect from a final product by looking at a leaked version of it? :/

Fair enough, main things I didnt like were:

Messenger - massive messenger screen by default not just buddy list

Mail - much more difficult to send a picture as an attachment rather than a photo email