Windows Live Essentials 'beta' out now!

I think i got a bad install or something. Mail works and picture works but on WLM everyone is offline. I login on a different messenger and everyone is online.

neither does mine, then again, it doesn't show any of my facebook friends as online either even though they are

Off course not. The beta is good and Sync only has 2 GB which is enough; if you have been reading around, you will know that Micorosft realized that no one is actually using the 25 GB storage, so really 2 GB is just fine for your files. However, Device to Device sync is of unlimited storage.

As far as other applications are concerned, messenger could have been a lot more better, I mean 2 years of time and we just got integration to other services and that's all? I mean Messenger is the only application that I care and use the most.

I don't use WL Mail, as I use Outlook.

I find Sync a good application and very easy to use. It is very simplified.

Overall, I would rate the Wave 4 beta, 7 out of 10.

However, Device to Device sync is of unlimited storage. <-- You sure about that? That would be very cool.

I just noted that this is not for Windows XP! My Office computer has XP in it! And it means I cannot use sync my files with my homes computer having Windows 7!

I mean what's MS is thinking? Over 60% PCs cannot use Windows Live Essentials just because they don't have Vista or 7?

well im not getting any new updates from facebook on the messenger social because i removed it but it shows old updates and i want them removed :angry:

has anyone been able to use facebook chat through windows live messenger ?

If you would read this thread, you would know that this feature is not included in this beta

If you would read thread you would know that this feature is not included in this beta

oh okay.. darn back to messenger 2009 than till they add this feature :no:

When I open a photo from Windows Explorer a Wave 3 styled window shows up without any edit tools. I must click "Open in Photo Gallery" to get Wave 4 look and edit tools. What "genius" could do it that way !? Sometimes I really think that some idiots are designing this software ...

i like it.

but i hate how the massager now refuse to remember your email unless it keep the password also,that is just pathetic Microsoft realmad.gif

I just noted that this is not for Windows XP! My Office computer has XP in it! And it means I cannot use sync my files with my homes computer having Windows 7!

I mean what's MS is thinking? over 60% PCs cannot use Windows Live Essentials just because they don't have Vista or 7?

soon enough my friend.

people are moving to win7 like crazy!

There seems to be a bug with the display pictures. If you play a game (DX based), after you're done playing the window previews are blank, and the display picture frames are all blank.

After receiving endless requests during the Mesh Beta of increasing the storage space, they finally "update" the program with this new Sync label and give us...less storage.

Way to listen, Microsoft. :rolleyes:

soon enough my friend.

people are moving to win7 like crazy!

The problem is that I spend my whole day at office and my computer has Windows XP in it and I am not allowed to upgrade! In fact, my computer has 512 RAM in it! So I am disappointed that I cannot use Wave 4 with XP!

Does the beta have a full offline installer? I hate and refuse to install software that uses web installers.