Windows Live Essentials 'beta' out now!

Now it seems that no one in my contact list can see me online nor can get my messages!

what the hell microsoft? this beta is at an alpha quality at best!

Well, I managed to install it on my laptop, but not on my work's desktop. Here's the error:

471473554.jpg

Any ideas?

Get the Windows Install Cleanup utility, erase the windows live messenger entry for all users, try to install the beta again.

Now it seems that no one in my contact list can see me online nor can get my messages!

This is a known issue and I am having the same issue as well. What I did to fix it is to toss all of my

contacts into a category (or multiple categories) and then right click the category name and choose

'Appear online to everyone in this category.'

It appears that there is a scenario where everyone on your list is set to 'Appear offline'. Once it's

set, you should be good to go.

Good Luck!

what the hell microsoft? this beta is at an alpha quality at best!

Get the Windows Install Cleanup utility, erase the windows live messenger entry for all users, try to install the beta again.

Gonna try on monday, I'm not going to connect to work's machine now just to install WLM. LOL

No problems on my laptop and desktop here at home. Weird... :blink:

^ Yea, I'd try the Windows Install Cleanup utility sanctified suggested, good chance that will catch it.

i found this:

0x80040609,. %x09.06.04.80. HasMessages. A folder cannot be deleted because it still contains messages. (MAPI_E_HAS_MESSAGES, ecFolderHasContents)

0x80070643 is a generic error.

Anyone know if its possible to get the individual *.msi files? I have messenger too customized to go to a beta/buggy release, but i would like to test out the Photo Gallery without installing messenger.

Edited by Chester0

^ Yea, I'd try the Windows Install Cleanup utility sanctified suggested, good chance that will catch it.

Anyone know if its possible to get the individual *.msi files? I have messenger too customized to go to a beta/buggy release, but i would like to test out the Photo Gallery without installing messenger.

at the beta site there is a link right by the main download that you download to choose what you want to install

I'm still having this problem that the video call option is greyed out and the video message option is missing,it's not there on my messenger.I tried to repair and uninstalled and reinstalled like 3 times and they doesn't show.I did the audio and video setup and it sees the webcam but i still can't video call,i really hate this :(

I like the app, but hate the massive intrusive ads.

I only have a small ad on the bottom-right corner of the main window, and a text ad on the bottom of the chat window. Where are you seeing massive ads? :o

Yes, Azies, where are these massive intrusive ads you speak of? :s

Ci7 - What do you want changed? Them pictures are the same. What's wrong with it remembering your ID and password?

Ci7 - What do you want changed? Them pictures are the same. What's wrong with it remembering your ID and password?

basically i don't went it to remember my password

just the address

there is no way now

The installer doesn't support it. Already tried. ;)

at the beta site there is a link right by the main download that you download to choose what you want to install

Yea i know, the problem is with what i do not want to install\upgrade. (Messenger)post-89302-12775101968628.png

@Ci7: Yea that is rather annoying they removed that

Yea i know, the problem is with what i do not want to install\upgrade. (Messenger)post-89302-12775101968628.png

@Ci7: Yea that is rather annoying they removed that

I meant, the installer doesn't support installs on safe-mode. :huh:

One thing, Just saw that Microsoft posted on the help boards that they are releasing a version to fix some FB bugs etc next week. So will they be updating to fix other problems to? I wonder if it will require a new download/upgrade within or something.

EDIT: Good news for the Facebook bug!

"We have tracked down the root cause of this problem and we're currently working on a fix. This feature should start working again over the weekend.

Sorry about any problems this has caused."

From Dare on the forums. So we just be getting a fix and be able to post Facebook statuses from it! :D

Source

i deleted facebook from my services and it is still showing the updates prior to removing the services.. meaning i have facebook updates that are old and they were supposed to be deleted.. is this a known bug too?

Hey guys,i noticed another bug..When i sign out from messenger and exit,its process still running.If i dont terminate it and open messenger again,it will sign in automatically.The funny is that if i close it again and check task manager,now there are 2 processes of messenger still running.If i do it for third time happens the same,forth time etc.Anyone else can confirm this?I noticed it on my two laptops.

for me my adblock or Kaspersky is blocking the ads on messenger... :o Not that im complaining hehe

Can anyone change badges? On the badges screen. It shows about 5 featured badges. And when I click on them nothing happens. So I can only use the Beta Badge... Anyone else getting thsi?

Does anyone know how to change your nickname? I can only find options for full name... So I change mine using the older version on my other computer, lol.

Does anyone know how to change your nickname? I can only find options for full name... So I change mine using the older version on my other computer, lol.

Go into the Options and click "Edit Name". There are no more nicknames just full names.

Nope, got removed from WLM 2010. And is getting discontinued as stated earlier in the thread. So anyone else about the Badge problem?

basically i don't went it to remember my password

just the address

there is no way now

I believe there is. If you don't tick that box and just sign in with different IDs, they should be saved in the drop-down list which is the email address field?

with the nickname issue i just split up my internet name so my first name is Unimatrix and my surname is Xero lol