Windows Live Essentials 'beta' out now!

I believe there is. If you don't tick that box and just sign in with different IDs, they should be saved in the drop-down list which is the email address field?

Yes it does. But then it does not let you forget the ID, to forget it, you have to add the password and click remember ID and password. Then sign in,sign out then click Forget me.

Hey guys,i noticed another bug..When i sign out from messenger and exit,its process still running.If i dont terminate it and open messenger again,it will sign in automatically.The funny is that if i close it again and check task manager,now there are 2 processes of messenger still running.If i do it for third time happens the same,forth time etc.Anyone else can confirm this?I noticed it on my two laptops.

Confirmed...

WLMail is really starting to annoy me now, I had it set to sync everything, every 15 mins. But everytime a dialog box would pop saying something failed. When infact nothing did, all my accounts synced perfectly. As well as my feeds and calendars etc etc. For now I have disabled the sync feature and do a manual sync, still errors out but less annoying.

And when I close it, it doesn't close at all. The wlmail.exe process is still up and running, I end up killing it via CMD.

Weird, because I just tried this and it behaves normally for me...

I dont know,it happens on W7 32 and 64 bit.It seems that the new messenger is very buggy for public release.I've send some feedbacks and this is strange,but the dropdown list has version 15.2.2804.607 and not 15.3(both have the last two fields same).

I dont know,it happens on W7 32 and 64 bit.It seems that the new messenger is very buggy for public release.I've send some feedbacks and this is strange,but the dropdown list has version 15.2.2804.607 and not 15.3(both have the last two fields same).

Dropdown list? Where? And were you using a previous Wave 4 build? Since it may not have upgraded properly. Since mine says 15.3

No i wasnt using a previous build and i made a clean install.I mean when you submit a feedback,there is a dropdown list where you chose which version of messenger experiencing problem.That list has 15.2.2804.607 and not 15.3.2804.607.Why they didnt change it?

I connected facebook service and i wanna ask,should i see the friends that are online?Cause i dont see anyone else except those who are already online in messenger...

Get the Windows Install Cleanup utility, erase the windows live messenger entry for all users, try to install the beta again.

I have this same problem.. I erase every Windows Live entry for all users, cleaned registry with ccleaner afterwards, and I still have this error :(

This is going to sound odd, but ever since I installed the Essentials beta, Firefox has been running like utter crap for me... I thought it was the Bing toolbar, so I uninstalled that, but it's STILL running like crap... has anyone else had this problem?

I had the Windows Install Cleanup Utility on my PC (for a previous problem) and never thought to try it...

Worked like a charm for me !!!

I can live with all the little 'glitches' - having all my 'Social Networking' in one place is a real boon for me...

Thanks to all who suggested it !!!

This is going to sound odd, but ever since I installed the Essentials beta, Firefox has been running like utter crap for me... I thought it was the Bing toolbar, so I uninstalled that, but it's STILL running like crap... has anyone else had this problem?

got the same issue

There is still the Default Manager add-on and Photo Gallery plugin that could be installed. Maybe they are causing issues. I don't know as I rarely use Firefox.

Hey guys,i noticed another bug..When i sign out from messenger and exit,its process still running.If i dont terminate it and open messenger again,it will sign in automatically.The funny is that if i close it again and check task manager,now there are 2 processes of messenger still running.If i do it for third time happens the same,forth time etc.Anyone else can confirm this?I noticed it on my two laptops.

The same thing happened to me though not with Messenger but with Mail.

I love the ribbon, can access more things easier without old menus :p

Another bug, when using tabbed chats and aero preview on 7. It only lets u preview the last chat window you visited. So say I was talking to Bob in one window and Rob in the other. If I last viewed Bob's convo. When I preview the Rob one in Aero Peek/Preview it just shows the loading circle... Bit annoying.

Am i the only one here who prefers the old menus and bars compared to this "ribbon interface"? Seems poorly implemented, i find it ugly, and it doesnt easily help me find anything. Especially on windows live mail, they really made t he program ugly.

I think that about all software that has the ribbon so they can jump on the "me too" wagon.

Gonna try on monday, I'm not going to connect to work's machine now just to install WLM. LOL

No problems on my laptop and desktop here at home. Weird... :blink:

Well, tried it again using Windows Installer Clean Up and nothing... It doesn't install.

Argh...

Is there anyway to disable the photosharing? It's totally obnoxious now, not only does it happen when you try to ctrl+v images, but now it hides the URL you sent through Messenger and uploads it through the Photo Sharing instead, really annoying.

Is there anyway to disable the photosharing? It's totally obnoxious now, not only does it happen when you try to ctrl+v images, but now it hides the URL you sent through Messenger and uploads it through the Photo Sharing instead, really annoying.

In wave 3 it was A-Patch that did that

really buggy, can't change my title in the new messenger and can't respond to messages, i press send but they don't get the messages :(

I've uninstalled it and gone back to the previous WLM, i'll try it again when the next beta is out.