Trillian 5 for Windows Public Beta!

With native I also mean, that Trillian do what all other windows in Windows do. In example: Trillian doesn't mind (all) the Visual effects in Windows. If I unset "show window contents while dragging" Trillian doesn't mind.

My Trillian does this, (does the same as any other window) I just tested it.

Cant use without Astra network, because "changes to your connections will not be saved to the server"? Ew.

You can still use it without that. I turned it off, all it means is that the settings are not saved on the server (for logging in with your account elsewhere).

You can still use it without that. I turned it off, all it means is that the settings are not saved on the server (for logging in with your account elsewhere).

Only annoying thing with logging out of the Astra account is it'll sit there telling you it's disconnected in the contact list.

captureta.png

The Facebook Plugin could use some improvement, but overall it has made me purchase the license and ditch WLM Wave 4.

Some things I'd like to see (posted on their seemingly inactive forums)

• Tab highlighting, when new messages are posted (like how WLM does it in Wave 4). Because I have disabled a lot of those annoying balloon pop-ups notifications, and taskbar highlight (IRC + Taskbar activity highlighting?, erm NO!).
  • Group tabbed messages by service, seriously, that this doesn't already exist? :s
  • ability for the IRC plugin window to include server status messages too, instead of it having to be a separate screen
  • native irc formatting and colors (I have no idea how to set it to look like mIRC)
  • why can't we have window controls on the Trillian contact list?

I'll probably think of more :p

Liking what I'm seeing so far, although I won't be a heavy user.

Sure kicks the crap out of that sorry ass Windows Live Messenger client.

Really needs a dark theme. They need to hurry and finish that part up.

Yea hehe, I love dark theme too..

Is there any way to have a better chat view. I hate bubble chat !

Yea hehe, I love dark theme too..

Is there any way to have a better chat view. I hate bubble chat !?

In the chat window, on the top toolbar, click the 'more' menu, and click 'chat views' Theres only one other one you can choose right now (simple). Astra had a couple more and this is beta, so I'd assume we'll see the rest of the chat views by the final version.

Wanted to try it until I found out that it forces you to create an "Astra" account and store all your login details (optional, on by default) and contact lists (not optional) with them.

Where do you go to turn off the storing of the login details?

I don't like that they're keeping this information already. I'm impressed by their client though. Very clean and lightweight. Shame they want you to tunnel everything through their proprietary account.

Something else I just noticed is that one of the features I quite like in the Contact List (automatically resize) is a pro feature. Seems a bit of a stupid feature to take out of the free client.

Does the Webcam works with MSN contacts ? Or even video conference ?

Thanks

Doesn't look like it. I'll probably have to continue relying on Skype for video chat for the forseeable future.

Doesn't look like it. I'll probably have to continue relying on Skype for video chat for the forseeable future.

Thanks for the reply, its to bad. It should be compared to MSN if it had the same features, this way is useless.

Im gonna wait for full compatibility with MSN users. I see this software for some years maybe 10? And yet continues very simple but not compatible...its bad, cause Trillian is merely for "geeks" or some advanced users, and we will always have to have full compatibility and full features with other IM?s.

Thanks again