Trillian 5 for Windows Public Beta!

I never do group chats, but try right-clicking on an open message window using the WLM protocol and select "invite to conversation."

Hm... It looks nice, I do like it. And the syncing of chats was something I wanted from the Astra Alpha, so when they get that working it will be really great. There do seem to be some odd usability choices though. Hopefully they'll hammer out some of the quirks in the Beta...

Ha, awesome... I read that post and thought I remember Trillian having spellcheck (purchased Astra, but haven't used heavily since 3.1)... thanks for the link Neobond.

Yeah, it does. In Astra it caused some weird flickering issues for me with the text... Hopefully that will not be the case for Trillian 5 (I didn't have the flickering problems until 4.1 IIRC)... It was annoying enough that I disabled it.

Hi this is a really great piece of software.

But does anyone know how to keep the Facebook and Twitter icons hidden. Normally they are until I open them from Trillian. Once I close the window they stay on the taskbar.

EDIT

I realised that if you hover over them they appear ^^

awesome, why is this the first i've heard of this plugin lol

The plugin system needs a lot of work. Hopefully that's in the plans for Trillian 5... The last version of that plugin was released in 2007 though and in my experience caused problems in Astra. Not sure about Trillian 5, I might try it later.

The plugin system needs a lot of work. Hopefully that's in the plans for Trillian 5... The last version of that plugin was released in 2007 though and in my experience caused problems in Astra. Not sure about Trillian 5, I might try it later.

What kind of problems? I used it with astra as well and did not seem to have any sort of problems with it at all.

A lot of problems with redrawing window contents, and it needs a better way of displaying of the parties' online statuses.

Currently, the only way to see it is in the contact list, uncolored.

Anyone know when there will be an update?

They are usually pretty good about putting out updates. Seeing multiple in a month is not uncommon (on the Windows platform, anyway; the others are slower). Maybe they are working on some bigger changes that are taking longer.

Wow this looks so nice... I might have to give it a try again. Everytime I try Trillian I go back to Pidgin just because it's so quick and lightweight... but this is just too beautiful to withstand!

Damnnn loving this program, just switched from WLM.

2 questions:

1. Any way to disable notifications for certain networks? I don't want sign-on notifications for FB Chat. edit: found out, it's in the last options tab in fb settings.

2. Any way to get rid of that xxxx@xxxx.com connecting to xxxx@xxxx.com in your chat windows (might only be applicable for WLM)?

What kind of problems? I used it with astra as well and did not seem to have any sort of problems with it at all.

The text entry box fickered with each key press, resized oddly, and in some cases froze. It was very annoying. It started with 4.1 I believe. There's another spell checker that someone pointed me to that does work though and was developed by Cerulean Studios. The ASpell one though had a lot of problems for me.

The text entry box fickered with each key press, resized oddly, and in some cases froze. It was very annoying. It started with 4.1 I believe. There's another spell checker that someone pointed me to that does work though and was developed by Cerulean Studios. The ASpell one though had a lot of problems for me.

Can you provide a link?

I love the GUI, but I cant use it since it seems none of my contacts see the files i try to send them and also no video chat for me is a no-no.

I love the GUI, but I cant use it since it seems none of my contacts see the files i try to send them and also no video chat for me is a no-no.

Webcam support would be really nice, and I agree it is an area they have really been slacking. It is one of the last "big" features that trillian really needs, and I think we will see it at some point in the 5.x development cycle for this reason. Anyway, it is not a deal-breaker for me. I think T5 is the best all-around IM client on Windows for the time being.