Trillian 5 for Windows Public Beta!

The only advice I can give you there is try a different browser, and if that doesn't work email CS about your problem. Obviously the site recognizes your user name, so I don't know why it would decide that an upgrade costs the same as a full license (it said $10 for me when I got to that screen).

No. I obviously don't know the difference between 10 and 25.

No, it certainly seems you don't, otherwise you would have complained the moment you got charged an extra $15. Now I can understand why you were being so heated about the Pro beta features only being available to Pro customers.

Wait, no I don't, because the above picture proves you already HAVE a Pro 5.0 license. You really did something wrong, or got caught when their servers were a bit messed up, because I don't know how you did that. My upgrades have always cost just $10, and I've been using Trillian since 2.0, and I pre-ordered 4.0 and still paid only $10.

The only advice I can give you there is try a different browser, and if that doesn't work email CS about your problem. Obviously the site recognizes your user name, so I don't know why it would decide that an upgrade costs the same as a full license (it said $10 for me when I got to that screen).

I've tried Opera and the same thing comes up for that, except the page looks like a complete mess. I'll send them an email and see what they say.

I've tried Opera and the same thing comes up for that, except the page looks like a complete mess. I'll send them an email and see what they say.

That'd be a good idea. I've had good customer experience with them, and I remember seeing on the CS forums a screenshot of someone who bought 5.0 as a pre-order as well, and I'm quite sure it was just $10.

Wait, no I don't, because the above picture proves you already HAVE a Pro 5.0 license. You really did something wrong, or got caught when their servers were a bit messed up, because I don't know how you did that. My upgrades have always cost just $10, and I've been using Trillian since 2.0, and I pre-ordered 4.0 and still paid only $10.

I only had to pay $5 to upgrade from 3 to Astra :p

I only mentioned that possibility because I use Firefox, and in your screenshot you were using IE. I didn't really think it'd matter, but you never know.

@_@ What the eff. Was that during that epic sale where new users could buy Astra 4 for just $10?

No, while Astra was in beta I paid $5 for a 3-month support period Pro license extension, and then when it went gold they let everybody who was current in their subscription keep their Pro license.

Don't have a 5.0 license here, and I never purchased one either. And I'm pretty sure CS doesn't auto charge your credit card for upgrades.

I only mentioned that possibility because I use Firefox, and in your screenshot you were using IE. I didn't really think it'd matter, but you never know.

Yeh opera is my default browser and I would use it if it works =(

Been using it for some hours now... although it has some bugs (crashing when saving custom status messages) it's much better than any of the previous versions...

It actually made me switch from pidgin to trillian :o

Don't have a 5.0 license here, and I never purchased one either. And I'm pretty sure CS doesn't auto charge your credit card for upgrades.

Yeh opera is my default browser and I would use it if it works =(

My apologies then. I was under the impression you had already purchased 5.0.

My apologies then. I was under the impression you had already purchased 5.0.

No lol. And nor did I know that it was a $10 flat rate. I just assumed you had to buy a brand new license, even though mine is still active.

Yes it is; go to the skin preference and set it to "no skin."

Perhaps its just me, but am I the only one who only has the option of "No Skin"? Is tehre supposed to be another one?

Yes it is; go to the skin preference and set it to "no skin."

It is still skinned. They just made an Windows vista/7 similar Skin with aero support. On aero basic, Windows Classic or Windows XP look, Trillian looks foreign because it is not native.

No, they didn't, it is unskinned.

Here I'm using the Clearscreen visual style. You can clearly see that the window borders and caption buttons are the same.

post-1972-12808489151375.png

It is still skinned. They just made an Windows vista/7 similar Skin with aero support. On aero basic, Windows Classic or Windows XP look, Trillian looks foreign because it is not native.

Its very native, better than most apps. When I change themes trillian's colors even change. Like WHen I just changed from the default aero to clearscreen sharp, all of trillian's colors turned the proper grey (trillian button, menus, toolbars ect..)

It is designed to be native in win7/vista with aero. Using legacy stuff like basic and classic of course it doesn't look right.

Its very native, better than most apps. When I change themes trillian's colors even change. Like WHen I just changed from the default aero to clearscreen sharp, all of trillian's colors turned the proper grey (trillian button, menus, toolbars ect..)

It is designed to be native in win7/vista with aero. Using legacy stuff like basic and classic of course it doesn't look right.

This is true, but it have nothing to do with native. Trillian is skinned, not native. Maybe there are some elements who react on Windows theme changes, but not all.

The Titlebbar (and the buttons), border is drawing Trillian by self, not windows. so: It is not native.

With native I also mean, that Trillian do what all other windows in Windows do. In example: Trillian doesn't mind (all) the Visual effects in Windows. If I unset "show window contents while dragging" Trillian doesn't mind.

So it doesn't look bad at all, and its smoking fast surprisingly. I will give it a try (not paying for it) but will give it a try and see if I like it better than digsby over time.

The Titlebbar (and the buttons), border is drawing Trillian by self, not windows. so: It is not native.

No, Windows is definitely drawing those or they wouldn't change when you change visual styles. I'm not going to continue this arguement though; you're not 100% satisfied with beta software. I no longer care.

So much languages (theres even LOLCAT, czech) and still no polish? No Gadu Gadu, Tlen support? Then thankies. Cant use without Astra network, because "changes to your connections will not be saved to the server"? Ew.