What game do you credit for turning you into a "Gamer"?

Microsoft Basic, (Qbasic), does this count?

gorilla.bas and snake.bas? Of course they count.

Hmmm....probably the Prince of Persia PC game (the old, old one) where you had to use the manual to solve a riddle at the end of the game (only one potion out of like 30 would win the game, the rest was poison that would kill you, the manual told you how to pick the right one based on a few variables).

After that, it was Sim City 2000 which I played for quite awhile. Then I moved up to Unreal Tournament which was the first game to get me into FPS games, and I spent more hours playing that then I did either of the previous 2. Then Diablo 2 and so on.

Millenium 2.2, Deuteros and Captive on the Atari ST

Happy days!

@Monkey13 - LOL! I remember getting my 464 on Christmas Day and being stupidly addicted to Harrier Attack and Roland on the Ropes too!! Damn!!

Looks like we had very similar gaming histories. Just sub Amiga for Atari ST. Good times.

I would say it's a combination of two different platforms. At around the same time, I started playing Super Marios Bros. on the NES and games like Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D and Duke Nukem on the PC. Between those they pretty much got me really interested in gaming, but the game that cemented me as a gamer was Doom in 1993.

I played lots of educational style games when I was little, but probably the first "serious" game that sucked me in was Halo CE.

Just remembered, I also really loved the Spyro games on PS1.

I had a Gameboy, Game Gear and my PC. lol. For the Game boy, I was playing some old school games like Double Dragon ,Ninja Turtles and Ghostbusters. The Game Gear I had Sonic, Ninja Gaiden and a bunch of other stuff. What started me on PC was Red Alert, then when Starcraft came out, I was hooked.

For me, it wasn't until I had played Quake 2, that I truly called myself a gamer. To this day, I don't think there's any other game that I've pumped more hours into than Quake 2.

Counter-Strike: Source. By far.

I had played a lot of games for ages before that, but that game made me properly "into" gaming.

Chuckie Egg on the Acorn Electron... my dad was better at playing it than I ever was. No matter how much I practised once the big duck came out of the cage it was all over for me.

Also spent lots of time on Uridium on the c64, tough game.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein, before that I'd mainly play the games my Mum, played mario etc. maybe a few games around mates house on goldeneye but I was always a casual gamer till RTCW then I was hooked.

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!! I LOVED THAT GAME WHEN IT CAME OUT!!!!!! TALK ABOUT GREAT TIMES!!

Nice. (Y) Although I played games before Pitfall, such as Pong, it was the first game were I was just blown away by being in another "world" so to speak and I realized I could go on an Adventure. Speaking of which...

post-69293-12813611494542.jpg

Heres another game that rocked for all us old school gamers!! I love how the dragon looked like a fat duck chasing you around.

Totally 110% agreed. This was also one of the games that had a huge, huge impact on me as well. And laugh.gif I always thought it was a fat duck as well. :yes: