[Football] Winter Transfers 2011

Liverpool fans are so happy about having owners who are willing to spend those 50m that they aren't even thinking what they're spending it on.

Adam for ?14m?!

Carroll for ?35m?!?!

And to think that I was concerned about them building a quality team with our money..

+1.. crazy amount of money spent on players that are not worth that much..

its being reported Adam isn't happening...

Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Luis Suarez on a five-and-a-half-year deal from Ajax for a fee of ?23m. The Uruguayan, 24, will wear the no.7 shirt.

Luiz's deal will also include a friendly in Lisbon between Chelsea and Benfica.

More excited about him than Torres :unsure:

Guess we can go back to being enemies of football after today :devil:

Torres sold for as much as Kaka to Real Madrid? What planet are we on?

We were also paying a club with 'istory

2r78rhc.jpg

Anyway:

Charlie Adam staying at Blackpool after heated exchange with chief exec.

Teams on transfer day really like throwing their money away. 35 million for Carroll !? He has had a half decent start to the season and now injured and he is being rated at 35 million.

DONE DEAL The first of our golden trio is done, people. Liverpool have confirmed that Andy Carroll has signed for the club from Newcastle on a five-and-a-half-year deal for a club-record fee reported to be ?35m.

crazy...just crazy

DONE DEAL The first of our golden trio is done, people. Liverpool have confirmed that Andy Carroll has signed for the club from Newcastle on a five-and-a-half-year deal for a club-record fee reported to be ?35m.

crazy...just crazy

It's only crazy now.. If he goes on to be one of the best ever for Liverpool, then it will be seen as a good deal.

It's only crazy now.. If he goes on to be one of the best ever for Liverpool, then it will be seen as a good deal.

yeah but still its a big IF, I would love to see 5 years in the future and see where he is...probably Chelsea :p

yeah but still its a big IF, I would love to see 5 years in the future and see where he is...probably Chelsea :p

It's a very big if. But is there anything wrong in ENGLISH clubs paying(over the odds) for ENGLISH players?

I'll leave off any sarcasm icon, so you cant see if im serious or not.

The most important thing is, we have sold a forward who didn't want to be there anyway, and replaced him with 2 that do want to play for us. I have no time for players that think they're bigger than a club, so I am glad to hear that he's been sold if he was so desparate to leave. Kind of rings BS though to his claim that he chose Liverpool because of the atmosphere, fans, ETC.

2321: DONE DEAL Liverpool have confirmed that Fernando Torres is now a Chelsea player after the Merseysiders accepted a British transfer record fee for the Spanish international. That fee is thought to be ?50m.

2321: DONE DEAL Liverpool have confirmed that Fernando Torres is now a Chelsea player after the Merseysiders accepted a British transfer record fee for the Spanish international. That fee is thought to be ?50m.

0,,10268~9382107,00.jpg

2326: Fernando Torres, by the way, has confirmed on his website he has signed a five-and-a-half-year contract at Chelsea.

2324: DONE DEAL And now Benfica have released a statement to the stock exchange confirming the sale of David Luiz to Chelsea for a fee of around ?21m plus Nemanja Matic

awesome bit of business there Chelski opening up the cheque book, wait was that a moth :p

Fernando Torres has admitted his delight having finally completed his ?50 million transfer from Liverpool to Chelsea, a club where he feels he will play "at the level I am supposed to" at the "kind of team I like to play for".

Sounds like the arrogant gobshite was getting a bit too big for his boots. Good riddance I say. I want players with the right attitude playing for Liverpool.

Arsenal have signed Japanese teenage forward Ryo Miyaichi on a 'long-term' deal but will loan him to Feyenoord for the rest of the season.

The 18-year-old, who had been playing school football in Japan, made an impact on Gunners boss Arsene Wenger during a training spell with the club.

Wenger was impressed by the starlet's potential, and expects him to hone his skills at Eredivisie club Feyenoord.

Wenger told Arsenal's official website: "We're delighted that Ryo Miyaichi has joined us.

"He trialled with us in the summer and has raw ability which has attracted many clubs around the world.

"We wish him luck in Rotterdam with Feyenoord and we look forward to helping him with his continued progression when he returns to Arsenal."