[Football] Winter Transfers 2011

Despite ac milan coming first their last five games bar the last game have not been that great....

Atletico Madrid reject £52m bid from Chelsea for striker Sergio Aguero & defender Diego Godin

:|

money bags fail.

aguero has a huge release fee in his contract..

thats probably the issue here

he recently signed a new deal that has a lower clause in it, it was the reason he signed it

he recently signed a new deal that has a lower clause in it, it was the reason he signed it

he recently signed a new deal that put it up didn't he?

it's something like ?75m now!! :o

he recently signed a new deal that put it up didn't he?

it's something like ?75m now!! :o

no what I read is he wants to go sometime and doesn't want clubs out priced so in return of staying he had it lowered

Sergio Aguero has secured a new contract with Atletico Madrid that wipes ?13million off his release clause and leaves him open to a summer move.

Chelsea and Manchester United have long admired the Argentina hot shot but Atletico's always insisted they would not do a deal for under his ?51million valuation.

However, after months of wrangling, sources in Spain say that Aguero made it clear he would only commit to a new contract if the clause was reduced to ?38m - a figure which approaches the levels English suitors were prepared to pay last summer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1344305/Manchester-United-Chelsea-target-Sergio-Aguero-release-clause-drops-38m.html#ixzz1C6MYXTaS

Well either the bid is fake or the release clause is wrong because the clause itself dictates that any bid of equal or higher value must be accepted. So if there was a bid, why wouldn't they just go 38 for Aguero and deal with Godin seperately? It's just paper bs.

Van bommel to Ac milan..... not really sure what to say about it. i guess their recent drop in form has them unsure. OR they got him on the cheap since he is not a first team player at bayern.

He was free and he was a first team player. It's just that he is very old and only have 6 months left on this contract. Plus they got somebody else.

He was free and he was a first team player. It's just that he is very old and only have 6 months left on this contract. Plus they got somebody else.

free seems ok, my comment was in terms of ac milan. Bayern dont really need him now.

Van Bommel is still a really good player, I would play him first team at West Ham (probably because anyone is better then what we have!)

Van Bommel is still a really good player, I would play him first team at West Ham (probably because anyone is better then what we have!)

i wouldnt be comparing ac milan or bayern to west ham any time soon, or even later.

:p

Atletico Madrid reject ?52m bid from Chelsea for striker Sergio Aguero & defender Diego Godin

Most Aguero stories are now just lazy journalism. This one however is quite imaginative. You have to give them credit for making that up, it's probably as funny as our "bid" for Torres during the summer.

Atletico Madrid reject ?52m bid from Chelsea for striker Sergio Aguero & defender Diego Godin

Yup apparently Chelsea have denied this categorically, and a few other so called transfer bids!

Most Aguero stories are now just lazy journalism. This one however is quite imaginative. You have to give them credit for making that up, it's probably as funny as our "bid" for Torres during the summer.

... and your £35 million bid for Torres this January :p

Fernando-Torres1.jpg

week6.jpg

Liverpool have rejected an offer for star striker Fernando Torres from Premier League rivals Chelsea.

The 26-year-old has struggled for form so far this season but has scored nine goals in 25 appearances for the Reds.

"Chelsea have made a bid for Fernando, which has been turned down. The player is not for sale," a Liverpool spokesman told BBC Sport.

The offer is believed to be in the region of ?35-?40m and comes after a previous bid by the London club in May.

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti refused to talk about the bid but said he is happy that "the club are trying to do everything they can to improve the squad".

With the transfer window open until 2300 GMT on Monday, there is still time for the Blues to increase their offer for the Spaniard should they wish.

Ancelotti said: "I don't want to speak about this, you will have to ask the club. He is not my player and I have to have respect for Liverpool.

"I'm not surprised, because I know very well what the club is doing now. I am happy because the club is doing a fantastic job in this transfer market."

Liverpool have previously been linked with Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez but his club, Ajax, have said the Reds have until Saturday to do any deal with them.

The Merseysiders have also had a ?4m bid for midfielder Charlie Adam rejected by Blackpool and have sold forward Ryan Babel to Hoffenheim.

Torres' indifferent start to the season comes after a knee injury, which also hampered him at the World Cup in South Africa last summer.

Absolutely not buying the Torres bid.

Concerned about Luiz's deal but the window will be closed on Tuesday so there's no reason overanalysing it yet.

Liverpool themselves came out and said it maybe they just want the attention :shifty:

Liverpool have agreed a fee to sign Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez from Dutch club Ajax for ?23m.

The deal for the 24-year-old striker is subject to the Uruguayan striker passing a medical and agreeing personal terms with the Premier League club.

Liverpool have had to nearly double their original ?12.7m offer to ensure Ajax would sell Suarez.

Having received that bid, Ajax told Liverpool to come back with a more "respectful" offer for the striker.

Liverpool must be rich now :p

Liverpool themselves came out and said it maybe they just want the attention :shifty:

Could be part of the Suarez negotiations, you know showing intent on keeping their top players etc.

Suarez was the player I hated most during the WC, think he's perfectly suited for Liverpool.

Edit: Afterall it was Atletico's president who came out with the Aguero nonsense.

Could be part of the Suarez negotiations, you know showing intent on keeping their top players etc.

Suarez was the player I hated most during the WC, think he's perfectly suited for Liverpool.

Edit: Afterall it was Atletico's president who came out with the Aguero nonsense.

we don't want your kind as friend...

I will put honest hat on and say I hope it works out but that's ALOT of money wasted if the hype comes to nothing.

On the same day Chelsea have a bid for Torres turned down, I wonder if that was to spur on this deal....or fund it maybe.