[Football] Winter Transfers 2011

^Afaik even the brilliant Enyeama who shined at the WC didn't get a transfer.

yeah a weird one that, West Ham were once close to signing him

And they say Liverpool has the best supporters... :pinch:

Torres was never a red, it was just a matter of time 'til he goes to see if the pitch is greener somewhere else. Yes, exactly like Ronaldo was for United. But the difference is you seem to easily forget how many goals he scored for your beloved team, and the crazy good stats he leaves behind. Players don't have any scruples nowadays. They want money and exposure, and to think Carroll came to Liverpool for the atmosphere is being very naive.

Players don't have any scruples nowadays. They want money and exposure, and to think Carroll came to Liverpool for the atmosphere is being very naive.

(Y)

I hated reading him say that moving from Liverpool to Chelsea is a "step up".. most of the foreign players dont know anything about EPL and where each club stands.. he was kissing his Liverpool scarf in the World Cup and now that the club went through a rough time.. he ran..

so much for wanting to play for liverpool

Andy Carroll, who joined Liverpool for ?35m on Monday, has insisted he did not want to leave Newcastle.

The striker told the Evening Chronicle: "I didn't want to leave. Make sure the fans know I didn't want to leave."

Magpies boss Alan Pardew conceded he asked Carroll, 22, to put in a transfer request but said he was not forced out.

He told the Shields Gazette: "We had a conversation about him wanting a new contract and [Carroll said] if he did not get that contract he wanted to go."

In December, Pardew had said that Carroll, who signed a new deal in October was not for sale.

And Newcastle rejected an initial approach for the England striker on transfer deadline day but, after receiving a second, accepted it when, according to Pardew, Carroll asked to leave if he was not given a new contract.

"[Managing director] Derek [Llambias] asked me to hand in a transfer request, so I was pushed into a corner and had no choice," explained Carroll.

"I wasn't wanted by them and they made it clear they wanted the money.

"Then I flew down in [owner Mike Ashley's] helicopter. I didn't want to leave.

"I'm gutted that I wasn't wanted at my home team after everything I have done and the progress I have made."

Torres was never a red, it was just a matter of time 'til he goes to see if the pitch is greener somewhere else. Yes, exactly like Ronaldo was for United. But the difference is you seem to easily forget how many goals he scored for your beloved team, and the crazy good stats he leaves behind. Players don't have any scruples nowadays. They want money and exposure, and to think Carroll came to Liverpool for the atmosphere is being very naive.

Liverpool supporters retain loyalty to the club, never to the players that put the jersey on. The fact that he ran out at a point when things where at their toughest, and was not prepared to honour his contract, coupled with the crap he is blathering about image rights just suggests to me that his character wasn't what it once appeared to be.

As for Andy Carroll... I was not making that comment about him, I was citing that as one of the reasons Torres initially came to Liverpool

Liverpool supporters retain loyalty to the club, never to the players that put the jersey on. The fact that he ran out at a point when things where at their toughest, and was not prepared to honour his contract, coupled with the crap he is blathering about image rights just suggests to me that his character wasn't what it once appeared to be.

As for Andy Carroll... I was not making that comment about him, I was citing that as one of the reasons Torres initially came to Liverpool

I was more talking in a general way, not to you specificaly. You saw as I do what the "supporters" have said, or done, in the last 48h hours.

As for what I said about Carroll, Rappy just prove me right.

Ahahah Torres couldn't be registered in time for tonight's game so I will make his Chelsea debut against... Liverpool. Should be interresting to watch. :laugh:

I was more talking in a general way, not to you specificaly. You saw as I do what the "supporters" have said, or done, in the last 48h hours.

As for what I said about Carroll, Rappy just prove me right.

And as I have told you, for the second time my comment was about TORRES not CARROLL. Please read my posts properly.

As for the fan's reactions... What did you expect, a player they hold in high regard, pledging his love for the club, then suddenly bailing out when things got toughest? and to one of our 2 biggest enemies. Just think about how you would feel if Rooney suddenly demanded a move to Liverpool and then started to make disparaging comments indicating that he thought Liverpool where a big club, and united a small club. It's a perfectly understandable reaction. I say let the crying git go to chelsea. If he prefers fake manufactured atmosphere, and soulless commercial success over real atmosphere, that's up to him. People with his kind of attitude do not deserve to play for Liverpool Football Club.

Ahahah Torres couldn't be registered in time for tonight's game so he will make his Chelsea debut against... Liverpool. Should be interresting to watch. :laugh:

And as I have told you, for the second time my comment was about TORRES not CARROLL. Please read my posts properly.

As for the fan's reactions... What did you expect, a player they hold in high regard, pledging his love for the club, then suddenly bailing out when things got toughest? and to one of our 2 biggest enemies. Just think about how you would feel if Rooney suddenly demanded a move to Liverpool and then started to make disparaging comments indicating that he thought Liverpool where a big club, and united a small club. It's a perfectly understandable reaction. I say let the crying git go to chelsea. If he prefers fake manufactured atmosphere, and soulless commercial success over real atmosphere, that's up to him. People with his kind of attitude do not deserve to play for Liverpool Football Club.

and that's the same man who said he would never join Madrid coz they are a "Richman's club".. :blink:

You make a habit of thinking I am replying to your comment. :D If I want to, like I am right now, I hit the reply button. ;)

Anyway, your exemple is not quite the same situation as Torres is in. Chelsea is not a rival like Everton or Manchester United are, it's just a club you don't like because they have crazy money.

Chelsea is not a rival like Everton or Manchester United are, it's just a club you don't like because they have crazy money.

Exactly. They were operating at a loss of ?70M last year and apparently Roman tht its not enough so he spent ?75M on 2 players.. next year the loss will be ?100M (Y) good on them if they are happy with that.. :rolleyes:

This is what annoys people the most fella...

"More than ever, we need to stick together, we must live in the present, from match to match.

"We need to add more points, win matches and improve our standing in the table.

"That is our challenge and I demand the total help of our supporters in doing that.

"My head is in Liverpool and on helping save our season. I am professional and I always fulfil my deals.

Fernando Torres - January 10th 2011.

You make a habit of thinking I am replying to your comment. :D If I want to, like I am right now, I hit the reply button. ;)

Anyway, your exemple is not quite the same situation as Torres is in. Chelsea is not a rival like Everton or Manchester United are, it's just a club you don't like because they have crazy money.

Yep, and what of it?, I hate Chelsea because Abramovic is responsible for starting a ridiculous spending war in English football that is costing the league it's heart and soul, and turning our clubs into playthings for the rich and famous. Football shouldn't be that way. And yes I do have problems with a team essentially buying silverware. See I hate man united, but I also respect them because their success is fully earnt. I hate Chelsea and have no respect for them because their success was not earnt. They where nothing, a small club until Abramovic came to give them an unlimited warchest to go and buy whatever trophies they wanted.