[Football] Winter Transfers 2011

This is one of those day's when Rappy's post count goes through the roof through plagiarising the BBC :laugh:

haha :rofl: that said its better then posting goal.com which is utter ****...some of the stuff they post :rofl:

Liverpool have made a ?30m bid for Andy Carroll :blink: :laugh:

Tottenham wanted him too and that was the pricetag the Toon management set for him then.. I guess they want to milk his form.. English players are generally overpriced and over-rated.. I'd be surprised if they spend so much money on him!!

Is right.

165594_141879152537791_129314657127574_253562_169589_n.jpg

?50 million for an injury prone sulk who doesn't want to play for us sounds like fantastic business to me :)

Indeed so, the same lesson United learnt with Ronaldo. It will be a shame to see him leave but there's no point clinging onto a player that doesn't want to play for you. No player is ever bigger than a team.

Right then. Another development in the Andy Carroll saga. BBC Sport understands that the Newcastle striker is keen on his proposed move to Anfield. That follows Liverpool meeting the Magpies' valuation for the big frontman.

nice, sounds like we got carrol, now **** off torres, i don't players on my team who don't want to play there...

sucks not being able to see him play though when i go over there :(

By Chris Bevan

1642: At long last, I can give you an update on Fernando Torres' switch to Chelsea. Well, an explanation on why it hasn't progressed for the last few hours. BBC Sport understands that the delay with the deal is down to a hitch in negotiations about the mechanics of his Stamford Bridge contract, concerning image rights etc.

isn't Carroll currently injured which could hamper the medical...its amazing how he will probably cost more then Villa, Tevez and other World stars!

Apparently, Charlie Adam from Blackpool is on his way to Liverpool. Whether that is via some kind of transport or the Kop secured his services remains to be seen.

yep ?14m is being said!

Chelsea are back in for Luiz!

but they can only choose one for CL Torres or Luiz!

1838: While speculation in Spain - and it is just speculation as far as I understand at present - is that Tottenham are closing in on a ?30m deal for Villarreal striker Guiseppe Rossi.

1837: Reports in Portugal, meanwhile, suggest Chelsea have agreed a deal of around ?25m for Benfica centre-back David Luiz.

^ :rofl: and wow charlie adam too, my team is getting there (Y)

1937: Liverpool confirm they have agreed a fee with Chelsea for Fernando Torres, who has been given permission to speak to the London club.

I for one am looking forward to seeing Torres and Drogba strike force could be really lethal for Chelsea!

or he could end up being shevchenko v2

BBC sports news correspondent Dan Roan on Twitter: "Reliably informed that talks on image rights and salary (approx 175k/week) are all that remains forTorres deal to be completed."

or he could end up being shevchenko v2

doubtful he has proven himself at EPL level while Shev didn't he just came straight over and was expected to score while Torres has scored alot of goals and suited well but then we could say the same for Carroll who I think is bad news for Liverpool considering his outside football problems.

doubtful he has proven himself at EPL level while Shev didn't he just came straight over and was expected to score while Torres has scored alot of goals and suited well

i hope carragher gives him the liverpool treatment on sunday, would rather have people who actually want to play on the team.

BBC Sport's Dan Walker on Twitter: "Tottenham came close to nicking Andy Carroll off Liverpool, but the striker wanted to join Liverpool as soon as it became clear that Newcastle would sell him."

Right then... worrying developments for Chelsea fans, if what worries you is completely speculative chat on social networking sites... word on the Tweet is that Benfica have "pulled David Luiz off the plane to London" and say they are "analysing" Chelsea's offer for the centre-half. I reiterate, that's unconfirmed as far as I know.

Liverpool fans are so happy about having owners who are willing to spend those 50m that they aren't even thinking what they're spending it on.

Adam for ?14m?!

Carroll for ?35m?!?!

And to think that I was concerned about them building a quality team with our money..