Apple Prices

bet you can't find a similar for much cheaper. I'm talking size wise, battery life wise and internal specs. Comparing "apples to apples" PC laptops and mac laptops are abotu the same price.

It also comes down to support. When you buy a computer from a company like dell or any other OEM PC manufactures they all outsource their support to india because they can't afford you calling in for support. Because they didn't make enough markup on the computer to pay for your support call. Apple on the other hand has great support.

which is why i'm always hearing about how the apple store geniuses don't know how the company they work for works and the phone CS workers are total ###### over the phone, right?

bet you can't find a similar for much cheaper. I'm talking size wise, battery life wise and internal specs. Comparing "apples to apples" PC laptops and mac laptops are abotu the same price.

lol no. did you not read the OP?

what are you really going to need a multitouch touchpad for?.. a normal touch pad is already clumsy to use and strains your fingers.

apple's trackpads are awesome. if i'm not gaming or photoshopping, i would rather use the trackpad then a mouse. they are just sooo powerful in terms of what you can do with them and deadly accurate too. I hated trackpads until i got my last gen macbook, this gen's macbooks trackpad is even better.

The isheep will buy any turd that Jobs throws at them and will pay any price that he wants for it.

that's just it.. apple's aren't turds... but they aren't really anybetter than any PC

dell has good trackpads too. but i'm honest about them and would far rather have a mouse even if i can scroll on the track pad.

edit: then again who is going to be honest about a track pad when they think the magic mouse is a good thing?

dell has good trackpads too. but i'm honest about them and would far rather have a mouse even if i can scroll on the track pad.

personally i hate their trackpads. my mini has one of dell's all new trackpads and are terrible IMO.

what are you really going to need a multitouch touchpad for?.. a normal touch pad is already clumsy to use and strains your fingers.

Go here and watch the trackpad video. That's what you use it for. I hated them until I used the on my MacBook Pro.

It also comes down to support. When you buy a computer from a company like dell or any other OEM PC manufactures they all outsource their support to india because they can't afford you calling in for support. Because they didn't make enough markup on the computer to pay for your support call. Apple on the other hand has great support.

Or just buy your laptop through Dell Business :rofl: , just put your home address as the business address and make up some random company name. And it doesn't cost you anything extra.

You'll get American support (ie the people are based in America) and they never ever ask you stupid questions. Got a problem? Need something replaced? They'll send it out the same day / next day (depending on when you call them).

Or just buy your laptop through Dell Business :rofl: , just put your home address as the business address and make up some random company name. And it doesn't cost you anything extra.

You'll get American support (ie the people are based in America) and they never ever ask you stupid questions. Got a problem? Need something replaced? They'll send it out the same day / next day (depending on when you call them).

you shouldn't have to do something like that to get support from someone who can properly speak english...

i've never understood comparing computers to cars.. but if i had to compare one OS to a cramped car it would probably be the Mac. It is far more restrictive in it's configuruation as defined in Apple's "Our way or the highway" policy.

Less restrictive than what you could have ever thought. How long haven't you touched to a Mac, 10 years?

Because 10 years ago, I used Macs at high school and gosh... I was LAUGHING at those machines, we couldn't do anything at all. Not true anymore, it is very flexible.

If Macs aren?t for you, stop bothering about the prices and don?t buy one. I hope it puts an end to the discussion.

Here's the differences:

- Samsung has a low quality case (plastic vs aluminium)

- No backlit keyboard

- Glass multitouch trackpad is AWESOME, Samsung has a regular trackpad

- LCD panel is a cheap 15.6" panel (LOW resolution :pinch: ) compared to the high quality panel in the MBP

- Low battery life VS 8-9 hrs on the MBP

want me to go on ? :rofl:

Less restrictive than what you could have ever thought. How long haven't you touched to a Mac, 10 years?

Because 10 years ago, I used Macs at high school and gosh... I was LAUGHING at those machines, we couldn't do anything at all. Not true anymore, it is very flexible.

If Macs aren?t for you, stop bothering about the prices and don?t buy one. I hope it puts an end to the discussion.

that's funny. i loved macs during the OS7 and 8 days and i still think that the OS great but not worth the cost.

- OS X Quality ..already established that OSX only costs $30

Not quite correct. The $30 Snow Leopard retail disc is only (by the license agreement) an upgrade disc. You are required (by the EULA) to have Leopard installed in order to use it. If you want to compare costs to the OEM copy of Windows that typically would be installed on a PC, you need to compare it to the Snow Leopard Box Set that includes iLife and iWork and sells for $129 (as that is what is installed on a new Mac when you buy it).

Your comparing a price from Newegg to applestore. That's like comparing a BMW dealership to " Joe's New and Used Car Sales"

And also it's a Samsung, you'd have a better computer dumpster diving for one.

What is not seen and taken into account is the support if something goes wrong,, when I call Dell and HP for warranty repair, I spend 2 hours on the phone going through hoops so they can blame something else and not fix it. With apple, I spend less then 30min and I have a box sent to me for replacement or the part needed is sent out

you shouldn't have to do something like that to get support from someone who can properly speak english...

I never said you had to, did I? And I never said it was an ideal solution, did I? But it's a solution that really doesn't cost you any extra or take up any extra time. And the benefit of it is that you never have a lengthy conversation, just call, tell them whats wrong and they'll ship you a replacement (if needed). Takes all of 10mins.

Or if you do buy it through their home division, just use email to contact them. More often than not, the people at call centers can speak english fine..it's just their accents that get in the way.

You are completely wrong about multitouch. Where did you get the completely ignorant idea that it had something to do with having multiple cursors on the screen???

I never said you had to, did I? And I never said it was an ideal solution, did I? But it's a solution that really doesn't cost you any extra or take up any extra time.

Or if you do buy it through their home division, just use email to contact them. More often than not, the people at call centers can speak english fine..it's just their accents that get in the way.

not saying you did, i was just making a general comment about their customer service

How can apple possibly justify their prices. I've got two laptops to show you. They are speced identically as far as i can tell except that the windows laptop has a slightly faster processor.

I always understood that you might pay even a couple hundred dollars more for an apple... but double the price? It's insane.

http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MC372LL/A?mco=MTc0Njg1ODg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131087

http://daringfireball.net/2010/11/apples_pricing_advantage

an alluminum case doesn't account for $1000 and MacOS costs only $30 retail. Windows 7 costs $200. Unless someone can point out some other hardware difference it would just seem like a shameless markup on a product made with Foxconn slave labor.

Snow Leopard costs $129 retail, last I checked, and an aluminum case, plus the cost associated with making the manufacturing line to produce them instead of some crap ass plastic case like everyone else certainly adds a chunk of change on to the cost.

Plus, better trackpad, backlit keyboard, and better screen, as others have mentioned.

Also... where do you think the Samsung is made? :pinch:

also apple care is DIRT cheap if you know where to look

It used to be REALLY cheap on ebay but all the prices are up now :( they're selling them for almost the same as the AppleStore :(

edit: Actually I might have found out why they're not cheap anymore:

In early October apple has changed their policies regarding applecare, No longer can you register applecare with simply a code that everyone is selling on eBay. You must have either a proof of purchase from an authorized apple re-seller (who apple does not allow to sell on eBay) or the serial number on the outside of the sealed box as proof of purchase.

- OS X Quality ..already established that OSX only costs $30

OS X only costs $30 because it is obvious that when you buy a Mac you're already paying for the full price of OS X. The $30 OS X DVD is basically buying a backup copy of OS X...