Gran Turismo 5 Photo / Video Thread

Seriously, Forza 3's cars are right up there with GT5 premiums as well, and yet Turn 10 gimps the photo export. What on earth were they thinking? I would have had a huge collection of photos had their export worked properly. I already have 100x more saved replays and 100x more saved photos in GT5 than I did with FM3.

Exactly, what he has put up was a promo shot from the Turn10 guys themselves, not an indication of what is possible from the game unfortunately.

Forza certainly does look good, although I still feel that PD have the edge when it comes to lighting.

Forza certainly does look good, although I still feel that PD have the edge when it comes to lighting.

I'd agree. The car model itself looks excellent but the lighting on it looks more subdued compared to GT5. One thing that I think is definitely better than GT5 in that shot though is the background scenery.

I agree. It will improve over time, they are only on version 3 ;)

So I am reading on GTPlanet.net that no youtube upload ability until further notice. I guess it wasn't ready for primetime and might come via patch. So this video portion of the thread will be stale for awhile :(

I'd agree. The car model itself looks excellent but the lighting on it looks more subdued compared to GT5. One thing that I think is definitely better than GT5 in that shot though is the background scenery.

speaking of scenery, from looking at the pictures i guess that placing custom objects in the scenery isnt possible... like posing your car on a track, and then putting a bunch of things right next to it, maybe have your pit crew be present as well since they already have polygonal models in game...

speaking of scenery, from looking at the pictures i guess that placing custom objects in the scenery isnt possible... like posing your car on a track, and then putting a bunch of things right next to it, maybe have your pit crew be present as well since they already have polygonal models in game...

I've not seen it in one of the travel locations, so right now I guess it's not possible. I would think though that if you were to pit and watch that in the replay you could then take a photo of it.

Not got that far in the game though to need to use the pits though.

I also understand that you can't save replays from online races, which means no photos from online? I loved the idea of being able to line up all of our cars together from some shots. :(

I also understand that you can't save replays from online races, which means no photos from online? I loved the idea of being able to line up all of our cars together from some shots. sad.gif

Stll not played online but maybe you can take shots straight after, just not save the replay to take shots? As I say that's just a hopeful guess really.

Forza_3_93_Mustang_Cobra_R_1_by_NoLiMiT06.jpg

Forza_3_DBR9_by_NoLiMiT06.jpg

I still think Forza looks better in many ways, the cockpits are much more realistic in GT5 thats for sure. I will try to get some shots from GT5 and compare later today. The two pics above are mine.

Forza_3_93_Mustang_Cobra_R_1_by_NoLiMiT06.jpg

Forza_3_DBR9_by_NoLiMiT06.jpg

I still think Forza looks better in many ways, the cockpits are much more realistic in GT5 thats for sure. I will try to get some shots from GT5 and compare later today. The two pics above are mine.

Is that the highest output available?

Might be worth creating a different thread though before you get accused of bashing/comparing in the Official GT5 thread for pics though.

Is that the highest output available?

Might be worth creating a different thread though before you get accused of bashing/comparing in the Official GT5 thread for pics though.

The output is 1280x720 I think. The best way for me to do comparison is with the stock cars at Laguna Seca, if anyone is interested in seeing some just let me know.

<<snipped>>

<<snipped>

810174306.png

you guys straight up failed reading comprehension eh?

I understand the want of comparison, personally I don't care What looks better than what as I've never played a Forza to compare (though I wish I had bought one before GT5 had come out)

But seeing as this topic is dedicated to GT5, could you guys start a different one or even find an older one to continue, we don't want to fill this topic that is supposed to be dedicated to GT5 pictures with the rants that usually follow comparisons.

I am having trouble figuring out how to share my pictures. Anyone have some tips?

go into photo mode, save whatever you want to save.

then go to the photo mode in the GT life screen and you will see them all there. From there you can save them to the XMB and using photo gallery upload them to picasa like i do or copy paste them onto a USB drive

go into photo mode, save whatever you want to save.

then go to the photo mode in the GT life screen and you will see them all there. From there you can save them to the XMB and using photo gallery upload them to picasa like i do or copy paste them onto a USB drive

Thanks, will post a couple of my pics in a bit :)

How do you capture the speed so well (especially in the flying one)? I've fiddled with the settings for shutter speed but I either have the shot crystal clear as if there is no motion or blurry beyond recognition. Can't manage to find the middle balance.

Also, any idea what the panning mode (in the triangle menu) and "AE lock" do? Have tried them once or twice but struggle to notice a difference.

How do you capture the speed so well (especially in the flying one)? I've fiddled with the settings for shutter speed but I either have the shot crystal clear as if there is no motion or blurry beyond recognition. Can't manage to find the middle balance.

Also, any idea what the panning mode (in the triangle menu) and "AE lock" do? Have tried them once or twice but struggle to notice a difference.

auto focus?

I honestly didn't really mess with the settings that much. For the "Flying Civic" I just watched the replay, went to photo mode, set the camera to the distance I wanted and the rotation, then did auto focus on the front end of the car. Did the same for the Dale Jr car as well. I have some more NASCAR pics from Daytona to post here in a bit as well :)

Here they are:

Superspeedway%20-%20Daytona.jpg

Superspeedway%20-%20Daytona.jpg

The last picture looks stunning in my opinion :)